• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dalrint said:
Any idea if Windows 7 can affect files added to USB loader? Anything I load to my wfbs drive from my windows 7 computer causes USB loader to crash.

these all worked perfectly before I upgraded to Win7. Nothing else has changed...

NO its not Win7 giving you problems. I have been using it for a couple of months now, both 32 and 64 bit and never had a problem installing games onto the wii. Im using WBFS Manager 3 to transfer

warlord

njay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well since nobody did help me LOL
tongue.gif

i solved the issue with the lacie drive

i just need to plug the usb cable in when the wii in the system menu then it works all the time
problem is quiting a game and then wanting to start a new one requires this workaround

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EnioMarcos said:
There is a chance to "Wishlist" of the first post be modified and extended to include support for FAT partition and .wbfs files?

Thanks!

What is this .wbfs file used for ? is that a partition image ?
I didn't see it yet, does a loader already use it ?

OozTGM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Cyan said:
Yes, this has been introduced by Oggzee in his Configurable USB Loader.
You can convert a .iso image of a game in a .wbfs image that is scrubbed and can be splitted in 2GB parts...
They can be copied on a FAT partition (hence the 2GB limit) and then loaded by the configurable....
In other words, you can avoid the use of wbfs USB disk and wbfs managers and use a FAT disk and a conversion tool .iso->.wbfs

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
Have you tied forcing video modes? It looks like you have an NTSC wii and are playing PAL games - sometimes you need to mess with video modes when you play cross-region games.
yea , but if there were pal games the video would still show just not in sync right?? btw thx for the help. the games just wont start period. is there a list some where on \what setting to use with specific games?

EnioMarcos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
cambric said:
In other words, you can avoid the use of wbfs USB disk and wbfs managers and use a FAT disk and a conversion tool .iso->.wbfs

Using this approach, FAT partition, the solution is more "Kiss".

You can use anyone of thousands tools to backup, resize, recover, defrag, ..., the FAT partition.

I'm using and it's perfect!

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been covered but I didn't see it mentioned. Also checked the ReadMii file but couldn't find the info I'm looking for.

When I updated to the latest version of USB Loader GX, all of the custom titles are missing. I'm assuming the path and/or filename of the titles.txt file changed, can anyone let me know the new path and filename?

Also, as a sidenote, it would be very helpful if the OP of this thread could make a few updates on the first page, it hasn't been edited since July and I was under the impression that work had ceased on this loader until I performed an update through the options menu.

Oh, and a huge CHEERS and KUDOS to the dev team for making an excellent loader. This one is by far my favorite, keep up the great work!
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
fyi, there are new updates released for the app regularly... just look at the revision number, its in the 800's! If he had to update this page whenever there was an update it would be a full time job! Why not check the official website, or the wiki changelog if u want to be able to check for new versions using your pc.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Dteyn said:
Sorry if this has been covered but I didn't see it mentioned. Also checked the ReadMii file but couldn't find the info I'm looking for.

When I updated to the latest version of USB Loader GX, all of the custom titles are missing. I'm assuming the path and/or filename of the titles.txt file changed, can anyone let me know the new path and filename?

Also, as a sidenote, it would be very helpful if the OP of this thread could make a few updates on the first page, it hasn't been edited since July and I was under the impression that work had ceased on this loader until I performed an update through the options menu.

Oh, and a huge CHEERS and KUDOS to the dev team for making an excellent loader. This one is by far my favorite, keep up the great work!
smile.gif
It uses wiitdb.zip now, go to update in options and select update wiitdb.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cambric said:
Cyan said:
Yes, this has been introduced by Oggzee in his Configurable USB Loader.
You can convert a .iso image of a game in a .wbfs image that is scrubbed and can be splitted in 2GB parts...
They can be copied on a FAT partition (hence the 2GB limit) and then loaded by the configurable....
Oh, I see, thanks for the explanation
yaynds.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
fyi, there are new updates released for the app regularly... just look at the revision number, its in the 800's! If he had to update this page whenever there was an update it would be a full time job!

If you read carefully, I said "a few" updates. I didn't mean for him to update every revision, that would be ridiculous. However an update every month or two would be nice.

QUOTE(Nollog @ Nov 10 2009, 01:34 PM) It uses wiitdb.zip now, go to update in options and select update wiitdb.

Thank you for this useful reply that actually answers my question. Cheers Nollog!
smile.gif

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there,

In rev - R822 *Added WiiPowers New Super Mario Patch. (Thanks WiiPower)

In lamens terms, how does this code effect a non patched main.dol file or what is it actually doing, if you don't mind me asking.

thanks

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
Hi there,

In lamens terms, how does this code effect a non patched main.dol file or what is it actually doing, if you don't mind me asking.

thanks

check the source if you want to see exactly what it does to the main.dol on the fly

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn said:
xflak40 said:
fyi, there are new updates released for the app regularly... just look at the revision number, its in the 800's! If he had to update this page whenever there was an update it would be a full time job!

If you read carefully, I said "a few" updates. I didn't mean for him to update every revision, that would be ridiculous. However an update every month or two would be nice.

QUOTE(Nollog @ Nov 10 2009, 01:34 PM) It uses wiitdb.zip now, go to update in options and select update wiitdb.

Thank you for this useful reply that actually answers my question. Cheers Nollog!
smile.gif

gbatemp is not the "home" for GX. The coders are in this thread that often.

If you want to remain up-to-date with the app, please bookmark their googlecode page

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
bosman said:
Hi there,

thanks

check the source if you want to see exactly what it does to the main.dol on the fly

I did view that and wanted to ask the experts as I'm just a noble peasant.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bosman said:
0ld8oy said:
bosman said:
Hi there,

thanks

I did view that and wanted to ask the experts as I'm just a noble peasant.
I checked the source, It just replace main.dol offset 0x1ab750 from 94 21 FF D0 to 4E 80 00 20
Like the manual patch does

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have just started using the USB Loader GX for the first time after always using disk loaders. When I attempt to load certain games, I get a "Error: Failed to extract opening.bnr". I have tried searching Google to see what the cause is as well as learning about the opening.bnr error and am left still wondering what the actual cause is. I am unfamiliar with what .bnr is. I am sure its simple but if anyone can explain what this error stems from, I would greatly appreciate it. Also if someone knows what I can use to fix this such as a checking tool or something like that it would be very helpful.

System specs are:
3.2U with cIOS249 and Rev14 with Bootmii
Using latest USB Loader GX with the included channel installed.

I am still 3.2U after not using the Wii for a while.

Thanks for any help with this.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
MainframeF4 said:
I have just started using the USB Loader GX for the first time after always using disk loaders. When I attempt to load certain games, I get a 'Error: Failed to extract opening.bnr". I have tried searching Google to see what the cause is as well as learning about the opening.bnr error and am left still wondering what the actual cause is. I am unfamiliar with what .bnr is. I am sure its simple but if anyone can explain what this error stems from, I would greatly appreciate it. Also if someone knows what I can use to fix this such as a checking tool or something like that it would be very helpful.

System specs are:
3.2U with cIOS249 and Rev14 with Bootmii
Using latest USB Loader GX with the included channel installed.

I am still 3.2U after not using the Wii for a while.

Thanks for any help with this.

unsure.gif
It seems to be a problem with the loader. You should post it on the google code page

QUOTE(zakram12345 @ Nov 11 2009, 05:51 PM) thank you

What a great first post
rolleyes.gif
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Who live with a pineapple shoved in his ass!