njay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi All,

well i dont feel like reading through all the posts so here goes:

i have a lacie 500 GB desktop usb drive that works usually fine with usb loader gx latest revision as of last saturday.
but sometimes i gets stuck at the black screen i can hear my HD spin up but then nothing this i can reproduce by running a game playing some then going back in the wii menu en then starting back up gx

any ideas?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
computerboy said:
I have a problem.
I have USB loader GX running off a USB stick in the top port (outer port) and HD with my Wii games in the other port. When I load USB Loader GX through the forwarder I first have to unplug the HD with the games so it will load USB Loader GX. The problem is once I try to do update or download disc images I get an error saying: Can't create directory and when I try running a game I get an DSI exception. Is there any solution apart using a FAT partition on my HD or using an SD card?
QUOTE(computerboy @ Nov 8 2009, 09:16 PM) BTW I can't be the only one trying to run USB Loader GX off USB can I?
unsure.gif
Well, actually. I think you're the only one who's trying to run it like that!
When USB GX is started, it's first action is to load a cIOS (222/223/249). After that, it's going to access your USB Device. Since all cIOS-es only support USB devices at the outer port (which is the bottom one, btw), you stick isn't recognized anymore. When it tries to create some configuration directories, it fails to do so.

Solution: Use a FAT partition on your HD, or use SD. It's the only way. Multiple USB storage devices are not supported, and I doubt they every will be.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
r-win said:
computerboy said:
I have a problem.
I have USB loader GX running off a USB stick in the top port (outer port) and HD with my Wii games in the other port. When I load USB Loader GX through the forwarder I first have to unplug the HD with the games so it will load USB Loader GX. The problem is once I try to do update or download disc images I get an error saying: Can't create directory and when I try running a game I get an DSI exception. Is there any solution apart using a FAT partition on my HD or using an SD card?
QUOTE(computerboy @ Nov 8 2009, 09:16 PM) BTW I can't be the only one trying to run USB Loader GX off USB can I?
unsure.gif
Well, actually. I think you're the only one who's trying to run it like that!
When USB GX is started, it's first action is to load a cIOS (222/223/249). After that, it's going to access your USB Device. Since all cIOS-es only support USB devices at the outer port (which is the bottom one, btw), you stick isn't recognized anymore. When it tries to create some configuration directories, it fails to do so.

Solution: Use a FAT partition on your HD, or use SD. It's the only way. Multiple USB storage devices are not supported, and I doubt they every will be.

Wow I really must be the only one. I think I'll go with the FAT partition on my HD
yaynds.gif

njay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to double post but here is some more info:

im running usb loader gx with 820 rev.
i have a lacie desktop 500 GB drive

running on 3.2e ios249 rev14

when i first used the drive the usb loader always worked but adding more games the problems came:

i need to power down my wii 4 times before usb loaders works you hear the drive spin up and then nothing the screen stays black
when it works its goes fast with no problems but when i quit a game back to the system menu and then start usb loader again bam same problem

can anyone assist?

ow yeah the hd is plugged in already with usb to the wii when powering on

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I got: an error has occured please eject bla bla bla
I tried changing the 002 error option to all that was possible. It works fine using Neogamma R8 Beta 7.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on the following
wii ntcs u 4.2, cios rev 14 , gx loader ,
cant get these games to work(get a black screen afther loading them )
bleach shattered soul, mario kart(get the wii mote screen and black afther)
wi sports

any ideas?

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ozz465 said:
im on the following
wi sports

any ideas?

try 002 fix?

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clish said:
Ozz465 said:
im on the following
wi sports

any ideas?

try 002 fix?
tried , all failed to play . even tried to use opther ios like 222 and 223 and nothing .

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tied forcing video modes? It looks like you have an NTSC wii and are playing PAL games - sometimes you need to mess with video modes when you play cross-region games.

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi All!

I've an issue with my usb loader. It worked without any problem before.
But as soon when i installed ios 249 rev 14 ,USB Loader GX gives the message "waiting for slow usb drive".
I can hear he's trying to load my harddrive, but with no succes.

Why can it be that my harddrive issen't recognized after i installing ios 249 rev 14?

My wii is firmware version 3.2E and when i press the home button on the homebrew channel, it says : ios 36 4.18
When i start neogamma , i says that ios 249 rev 14 is installed.

I already tried to install ios 222 and 223. With no succes.

thx.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried the other USB port? In early cIOS versions it didn't matter which one you use - but in the later ones one is reserved for instruments etc, and the other is for USB loading games.

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thx for your replay,

I tried both usb ports.
I even try to switch from usb port while usb loader gx was counting.

Normally with the latest ios version, you'll have the use the left usb port.

I turned wiiconect 24 off for sure
But none of that works
frown.gif

(i'm using the lasted version of usb loader gx, i've the same issue with Neogamma)
And all of that after installing ios 249 rev 14

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea if Windows 7 can affect files added to USB loader? Anything I load to my wfbs drive from my windows 7 computer causes USB loader to crash.

these all worked perfectly before I upgraded to Win7. Nothing else has changed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2