• Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i have a wad playable/launchable from the system menu now, cool...so how do i get rid of the wad forwarder i had already installed?

i assumed anytitledeleter, but it doesn't use what i'd call 'friendly names'.

EDIT

wadmanager, duh...sorry, stupid readme's, not making me read them n' stuff.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Deluxe hosting account with GoDaddy if anyone involved with this project needs space and bandwidth I can provide an FTP account for you and others. I can appoint 50 accounts. PM me if your interested.

madshark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
630 is great im crash free since the update.

Tho the no cursor hand issue is still present for me. Really irritating.

I know that you cant run games back to back because of the cios38 bug. Is it possible to just power down the wii and put it on again without having to knock the hard disk off and on again ? Dont fancy killing power to the hard disk every time i need to play a new game that cant be too good for it. ( i have a 3.5 Hdd enclosure that has a dedicated power adapter if anyone is wondering)

thanks

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madshark said:
630 is great im crash free since the update.

Tho the no cursor hand issue is still present for me. Really irritating.

I know that you cant run games back to back because of the cios38 bug. Is it possible to just power down the wii and put it on again without having to knock the hard disk off and on again ? Dont fancy killing power to the hard disk every time i need to play a new game that cant be too good for it. ( i have a 3.5 Hdd enclosure that has a dedicated power adapter if anyone is wondering)

thanks
Just use standby mode (orange power light).

babibel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tube83 said:
babibel said:
The wiitdb info screen is an amazing new function

Just something strange for me. The auto generated xml file on my SD contains all info including French [FR] synopsis.
When i show the info screen, player/Editor/Accessories info are correctly shown, but when i press the A button it doesn'tt show the synopsis (the readmii file says to press the A button when on info screen)

Is there a problem with country code or something ? (PAL French Wii / Loader r630)

i had the game load standard language setting set to "console default" and didn't get any synopsis' either. when i changed it to german, i got all the german synopsis'.
that could be your problem as well
smile.gif
Thanks for the tip, i'll try this evening
grog.gif

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those who were getting code dumps with r630, delete the wiitdb.zip from the /config/ directory.

I upgraded from r609 to r630 to test the new HBC link, its great but it would be nice if it could be hidden when loader is locked.

After upgrade, all was working great as usual.

Then I decided to test this wiitdb.zip game info stuff out, so I downloaded and tested, great, press 2 and all the info comes up but when I start any games it code dumps.

Also what I noticed was the green screen in between the GX loader boot screen to the normal GC screen, when wiitdb.zip was deleted I don't get this anymore.

Cheers

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I added the contents of the GXTheme.cfg to the readmii.
If you want to know what you have to change to move elements of your theme, look there.
smile.gif

If you see mistakes in the radmii, or things that have to be changed, let me know
wink.gif

madshark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
madshark said:
does anyone know if you can load games back to back with r10 ?
If you mean starting a new game after you quit one: yes. Works until rev12

brilliant thanks is there any down side to using an older version ? also to install r12 i just install an r12 wad file right ?

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, would it be easy to implement pulling the synopsis for a game from wiitdb if available for the title, and putting it in an auto scrolling box on the information screen (button 2 press) for that title? Perhaps querying the server upon access, as opposed to storing?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that could be done in theory, but that would be shooting ourselves in the foot. we went out of our way to compress the xml in zip form and purposefully left out a button to update the xml to keep traffic down on lustar's end. it would be retarded of us to ask lustar's site for this information over and over again. every time somebody pressed the button. it is simi-redundant now, but i we agreed that we can overlook redownloading info for certain games for the sake of updating the information.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
that could be done in theory, but that would be shooting ourselves in the foot. we went out of our way to compress the xml in zip form and purposefully left out a button to update the xml to keep traffic down on lustar's end. it would be retarded of us to ask lustar's site for this information over and over again. every time somebody pressed the button. it is simi-redundant now, but i we agreed that we can overlook redownloading info for certain games for the sake of updating the information.

Ahh yes that makes sense. Did not think of server loads. Pity though as the synopsis would be a nice touch. But not an essential feature mind. Perhaps there could be an option in the settings that enables the downloading of synopsis information into the xml? Disabled by default as that much text would increase the file size and some might not want that or have the space on the sd card.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
the new HBC link, its great but it would be nice if it could be hidden when loader is locked.
I totally agree, just had my son ask what that was this morning. Next thing you know he'll be putting stuff on there he seen on youtube. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: It's such a drag :sad: