• Likes 48

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Royusmc said:
This is for giantpune, Great work on the grid wall. I am using rev559 and 3/4 tv's are up and working in the grid wall. I thougt you may have broken the house of the dead 2/3 fix. But after starting the game the 2nd time it worked like a charm. I see you are also working on othere fix and such so keep up the good work. I would like to ask for a row of 3 with no roundness to it. To be clear I want the ones already there just add a flat row of 3 to make it easyer for my brother to see. So much space is not use because of the look of the grid wall. I just want to be able to press up and get the flat 3 row wall. If this is going to take to much of your time just let me know and I will not ask again. Also if posible can we have the grid wall go to what view it was in after reseting the usbloader, so if I was using the 2 row and restart the wii the next time I start the usbloader it gos back to the 2 row. Thanks for all the hard work, it looks great.

Maybe it is possible to have "normal" boxart instead of the 3d boxart in the coverwall? (a option to use either normal boxart or 3d) Maybe create a path like /images/boxart/ where we can store the normal boxart, and get the download "cover" option in gx to work for downloading the normal boxart from the Wii Boxart site?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Okay... I've been away for a while. What the heck is the "DOL Path", in the Custom Paths??

unsure.gif
Some games like Mortal Kombat, SSX and a small handful of games the would not play on a usbloader can be setup to play. These games have two dol files in them, but the usbloader can only open one. So if you use a program on the computer to extract to the dol file form the iso.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
slingshot27 said:
Royusmc said:
slingshot27 said:
I have a hdd with a second partition with I want to use for the cheat files and the loader itself (I understood I can do that if I use the loader the a channel right).
When I want to format the partition I can use between NTFS and exFAT with 128 kb clusters.
Is the last one (exFAT and 128kb clusters ok).
The partition will be 46 Gb.

Thanx for the help!
I don't know what your question is but I was unable to use the exFAT partition when I tryed it. I had to use Fat 32 which windows only will do under 31gb, but there are programs the will format a fat partition of any size. However if you get the usbload to see the exFAT partition please post it because I would like to do that myself. If you need help with anything more please let us now what your question is more clearly. Thanks.

I am formatting the drive right now.
The USBLoader is still running on SD.
How can I tell if the USBLoader will see the exFAT partition?
I will check it right away for you!

Please tell me, I will check it for you !
Do I have the go to the path menu or something?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I thougt you may have broken the house of the dead 2/3 fix. But after starting the game the 2nd time it worked like a charm.

Which HotD 2/3 fix are you referring to? If it's the alt dol or block ios reload solution it still isn't working correctly for that game. The game will reboot or lock up (depending on your settings) after unlocking & playing the one time only mini game in HotD 2.

QUOTE(sweenish @ Jun 25 2009, 02:24 PM) has nobody actually tested sam and max yet?

i can, but not until this evening. i'm hoping it works. it's currently the only game that i have which doesn't work.

I just tested it & came to post results. I can say that it still does NOT work. Whoever said it does more than likely just booted to the menu & didn't try actually playing.

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i update usbloader gx if it is installed as a channel. Running update replaces the boot.dol file in sd:\apps\usbloader-gx folder. Do I have to delte the channel and install it again frm hbc?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tornadog said:
how do i update usbloader gx if it is installed as a channel. Running update replaces the boot.dol file in sd:\apps\usbloader-gx folder. Do I have to delte the channel and install it again frm hbc?

You don't. You have to use the forwarder.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tornadog said:
Delete the old channel with the wad manager, download the new one and install it. But it hasn't been updated for more than 100 revs...
You can use a forwarder to load the boot.dol on the SD

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i try ocarina cheat in game config option with resident evil wii , but if i launch the game with ocarina on, the game don't start an remain on black screen.

If i use ocarina cheat generated thru ocarina code manager, all work fine.

I use the last rev on 3.2 cios 9 version.

Thank you

Lorenzo

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jjplayground said:
icpmattj said:
jjplayground said:
GolfDude said:
does this new ocarina option allow us to put codes on the FAT part of the HD, or is it still looking for an SD Card?

Can you tell me how to use the cheat codes?
Where to get the cheat files and how to use the cheats in the games?

i really can not find the info
frown.gif

Many thaaaaaaaanx

Put the txt files on the card and make sure you define the path to them in the settings menu.
Then when you click on a game to load it go into the games individual settings page and you will see
an ocarina symbol.Click on it and if you have the text file on the sd card or hard drive you can select which cheats you want on/off.

To get the txt files go here

http://usbgecko.com/codes/

Thanx man!
Two questions left:
- Can I choose with cheat in the text file to choose or are all cheats in the cheat file enabled?
- What is the path to set if I want to use the second partition on the HDD (which is Fat, the first on is WBFS) to place the cheat files on?

How do I choose with cheat I want on or of.
I tried it with a Mario SLugger. A lot of cheats are displayed in a listbox.
I have a create button. When I click on it, it says a fill was created.
But I can not choose which one to turn off or on.
How could I do that?

Please help, I am so close now...

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Got it working with a cheap ass dealexetreme 2.5" external caddy and an old hitachi 40gig drive i had laying around.

thanks guys
biggrin.gif

Few green screens but sorted by reboot or going back to the disk which is no hardship.

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... when opening The Conduit the USB Loader just grays out, like if it was loading, and doesn't do a thing =(. Latest ver too!

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
slingshot27 said:
How do I choose with cheat I want on or of.
I tried it with a Mario SLugger. A lot of cheats are displayed in a listbox.
I have a create button. When I click on it, it says a fill was created.
But I can not choose which one to turn off or on.
How could I do that?

Please help, I am so close now...

Lot of text for the codes are to big for the display box, so you cant see if the code is ON/OFF.
Default is off, so when you press it once its "ON".

The coders said:
QUOTEmaybe fixed an issue with cheatcode names being too long
But seems the issue is still there

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't seem to find an update, still on revision 557.

Also, Zelda still doesn't boot after several rips, and Smash Bros. froze at another place after a second rip, still kind of disappointed, it sucks having to download 10+ GB because of that.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey giantpune m8.
Since cheat code function was added I can no longer update via the loader. It downloads the update but seems to fail saving to the SD card just saves a blank boot.dol and then of course just dumps. Just asking in case anyone else has had this problem. In case problem is my end but I have not changed anything lately so strange huh.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used the update and it works fine. The 2 most likely causes are 1-you updated while somebody was in the back door of the update server updating it. or 2- the little lock on your SD card magically flipped itself to lock while it was being inserted/removed. For some reason PCs aren't as sensitive to this little booger as the wii so your PC will still write to the SD but the wii won't.

It was probably number 1. just manually grab rev 563 and toss it on your SD card.

Or you could use this as an opportunity to test out neorame's installer for dummies. Not sure if he has it done, but in testing, it was creating all necessary folders, downloading the latest version of this app, letting you DL language files for it, putting a wad in the wad folder for you to install, and creating a GXGlobal file with the language you told it to DL. There was an exe for it in the downloads on googlecode.

RyderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is lovely. It's great having such a streamlined USB Loader.

Though the forwarder isn't working for me. I've been tweaking whatever I think could be wrong with it, but it knows where the boot.dol is, everything's up to date, but I get a code dump 9/10 times I try to use the forwarder from the system menu. Is there a solution for that happening?

It'd be nice to have that shortcut for whenever I'm playing games. Especially with my little brothers using the Wii often.

edit: bah. It seems like I can do an hour of research, then as soon as I ask a question, I find my answer. I just used a different rev. Thanks for the whole project.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
I just used the update and it works fine. The 2 most likely causes are 1-you updated while somebody was in the back door of the update server updating it. or 2- the little lock on your SD card magically flipped itself to lock while it was being inserted/removed. For some reason PCs aren't as sensitive to this little booger as the wii so your PC will still write to the SD but the wii won't.

It was probably number 1. just manually grab rev 563 and toss it on your SD card.

Or you could use this as an opportunity to test out neorame's installer for dummies. Not sure if he has it done, but in testing, it was creating all necessary folders, downloading the latest version of this app, letting you DL language files for it, putting a wad in the wad folder for you to install, and creating a GXGlobal file with the language you told it to DL. There was an exe for it in the downloads on googlecode.
Yeah I put rev 562 on again and updated again, was fine this time, seems last 2 or 3 times. thought was a minor bug but must off just been 1, I thought I had little fuking gremlins in me Wii. What I did notice though is some times the pointer turns into a big mother sucking white box with lines at the top. Does not happen much only like 2 or 3 times in the last month so not really an issue. Thanks for the heads up, I will log and store that info in my nod for next time and make a copy of the dol with sd explorer and put in another dir in case I have no net access then I can just copy from Wii.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?