bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hooya said:
bosman said:
Hope this is the correct place to post this.

Was running the USB_Loader_GX-ULNR-r468 channel and upgraded to USB_Loader_GX-ULNR-r516 tonight.

All looked good except 1 problem, when on the USB loader menu screen and select the wii menu exit you just get a black screen. Have to power off wii at power point.

Went back to USB_Loader_GX-ULNR-r468 and all is working again.

Thanks - This thing rocks.

Delete your config file (SD:/config/GXGlobal.cfg), update to the newer channel, try again.

Just out of curiosity, why not use the forwarder instead of the channel? Easier to update that way. You can even store the program on a FAT partition on your hard drive, so you don't really need an SD card. Just throwing that out there.

Thanks Hooya.
Bit of a noob here but I'm getting it, very slowly but surely getting it..

So I've got this straight in my head to update from the full channel loader to the forwarder I need to do this.

1. Delete current GX Channel using wadmanager.
2. Copy/rename the latest forwarder to SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
3. Install the USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad
4. Best to delete my SD:/config/GXGlobal.cfg file before starting.

I have no need for the boot.dol for preloader so I don't need? Assuming its for the bootmii side of things...... maybe another time for backing up the nand.

Is the above correct?

Thanks noob-man

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the ios reload for house of the dead 2/3. And it worked very well with just a small reset problem, not being able to go to wii menu from with in the game. Some one two pages back said that house of the dead 2 would not play a 2nd time and would freeze at some point. But I just played to the first boss and died, but the game played with no problems. So anyone know at what point house of the dead 2 or 3 freezes at with the ios reload turned on so I can test myself with out having to play the game all the way though. Thanks for any help.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I used the ios reload for house of the dead 2/3. And it worked very well with just a small reset problem, not being able to go to wii menu from with in the game. Some one two pages back said that house of the dead 2 would not play a 2nd time and would freeze at some point. But I just played to the first boss and died, but the game played with no problems. So anyone know at what point house of the dead 2 or 3 freezes at with the ios reload turned on so I can test myself with out having to play the game all the way though. Thanks for any help.

That was me. Keep playing HotD2 in arcade mode until it says you've unlocked a 'one time only' mini-game. Play the game once it's unlocked & at the end it will either freeze or reset to the Wii menu.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I I'm am revision 563 with rev 10 cios and ghostbusters stopped working because the anti 002 fix is gone. Why was that taken off. All I have is 002 fix which just loads black screen

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
I I'm am revision 563 with rev 10 cios and ghostbusters stopped working because the anti 002 fix is gone. Why was that taken off. All I have is 002 fix which just loads black screen

Is it still in the Global settings?

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:

Rev10 is your problem. That revision gave me hell every time I used it. Try 12 or 13(a/b), they seem to work better with 002 issues.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Royusmc said:

That was me. Keep playing HotD2 in arcade mode until it says you've unlocked a 'one time only' mini-game. Play the game once it's unlocked & at the end it will either freeze or reset to the Wii menu.
Thanks I will try to play it tonight. I was trying to download covers and disk art, but it said it could not find covers on the server. Could be alot of thing I gess, But the 3 games were the new resident evil game, indiana game and Guitar hero smash hits. I don't know if there is a problem but all 3 where not found. I tryed rev546 to download the covers and did not work. So the web site must have changed.

Triumph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Royusmc said:

Thanks I will try to play it tonight. I was trying to download covers and disk art, but it said it could not find covers on the server. Could be alot of thing I gess, But the 3 games were the new resident evil game, indiana game and Guitar hero smash hits. I don't know if there is a problem but all 3 where not found.

The guy's website that hosts all of the images has changed. I forgot what is was to what it is now, but he posted about a week ago with the new address on these forums somewhere. I think the topic was something like: to all dev's of usb loaders

jreb13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble with cover images and disc images

Basically here's what happens when I try to click on a box, it'll say something like 37 Missing files

then I select yes to download

Progress bar goes by and starts downloading files, then when it's finished I get

37 Files not found on server

Now, I did have art for these before so I know it's out there, but it just won't download, I've uninstalled the wad, reinstalled, updated all in settings, cleared out the pictures directory (hence the number now being 37), deleted all my config files on sd card Nothing is working PLEASE HELP!!!

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jreb13 said:

Basically here's what happens when I try to click on a box, it'll say something like 37 Missing files

Progress bar goes by and starts downloading files, then when it's finished I get

Now, I did have art for these before so I know it's out there, but it just won't download, I've uninstalled the wad, reinstalled, updated all in settings, cleared out the pictures directory (hence the number now being 37), deleted all my config files on sd card Nothing is working PLEASE HELP!!!

Get a new revision of USBLoader GX. The server that hosts the boxart/discart has since moved. I'd recommend using the forwarder instead of the channel because the normal channel wouldn't have the right boxart/discart server on it.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadoWolF XF said:
jreb13 said:

Get a new revision of USBLoader GX. The server that hosts the boxart/discart has since moved. I'd recommend using the forwarder instead of the channel because the normal channel wouldn't have the right boxart/discart server on it.
I tryed to find the post because I remeber it to, but I don't thank it said the new web address. But I went back as far as page 455, So if some one wants to work form there they can. Next I tryed gostbuters again and found the anti 002 fix missing. So to use the anti 002 fix you must click on the 002 fix to turn it on and off and it will also show anti. For anyone like me that is needing the help.

jreb13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I kind of had tried that here's the steps that I did, I was already using the forwarder

Downloaded the latest version from mediafire link posted on the first post of this thread (updated on the 23rd of june i think). unzipped the file to my sd card overwrote everything, deleted my config files started usb loader up. Put in the password ab121b (or whatever is listed in the first post. Updated through settings, restarted and now everything seems to be locked and I can't figure out where to input password after update!!!

I'm really lost now, because not only can't I download any art, but I can't even add games anymore. Also it seems in the new version the options to go back to cios rev 10 for games like indy and ghostbusters aren't there anymore? Am I correct?

I'm really just pulling my hair out at this point.

Maybe is there a way just to get rid of usb loader gx totally uninstall and start fresh? What steps should I take? Sorry for my noob questions, but I'm still learning here. Thanks in advance for all the help.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
ShadoWolF XF said:
jreb13 said:

I tryed to find the post because I remeber it to, but I don't thank it said the new web address. But I went back as far as page 455, So if some one wants to work form there they can. Next I tryed gostbuters again and found the anti 002 fix missing. So to use the anti 002 fix you must click on the 002 fix to turn it on and off and it will also show anti. For anyone like me that is needing the help.

wiiboxart.com

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jreb13 said:
Ok so I kind of had tried that here's the steps that I did, I was already using the forwarder

Downloaded the latest version from mediafire link posted on the first post of this thread (updated on the 23rd of june i think). unzipped the file to my sd card overwrote everything, deleted my config files started usb loader up. Put in the password ab121b (or whatever is listed in the first post. Updated through settings, restarted and now everything seems to be locked and I can't figure out where to input password after update!!!

I'm really lost now, because not only can't I download any art, but I can't even add games anymore. Also it seems in the new version the options to go back to cios rev 10 for games like indy and ghostbusters aren't there anymore? Am I correct?

I'm really just pulling my hair out at this point.

Maybe is there a way just to get rid of usb loader gx totally uninstall and start fresh? What steps should I take? Sorry for my noob questions, but I'm still learning here. Thanks in advance for all the help.

You shouldn't need to enter a password if you are using a version as recent as that. Relocate the configuration files and DESTROY THEM. Actually, I should say delete. The should be in SD:/config or USB:/config, unless you changed the paths yourself.

NOTE: I based the previous statement on a fresh install of a reasonably recent revision with no previous configuration files. That would land me somewhere in the very late 400's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/VKxOP02