• Views 7,275,848
  • Replies 29,407
  • Likes 48

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused with the comment below, does this mean it works now or is still being investigated? If it works, how to set it?

QUOTE said:
un comment sam & max fix. we were under the impression that it only worked from
disc but somebody said that it is working from USB also with ios rev 10 or 13a.
i have left out the ios checks to see if it works with any ios and also it is
only on if the game ID matches one of the two listed on wiiboxart.com for this
game.

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have Red Steel working with the alt-dol thingy and rev554M

Now when I put Ocarina ON the game wont start anymore, only a black screen.

The Ocarina works on ever other game i tried.

Is this because of the alt-dol, or do I need to change another setting?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon marinos!!! Get that 559.dol out there!!!
tongue.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThanX!
wink.gif

Is anyone else having issues trying to download disc images? Or can someone delete a couple out of their folder & test if it's working? Would be greatly appreciated.

Dudando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to play RE Archives PAL, but I'm having some problems.

I've played some PAL games and they run just as a NTSC game, with no need of patching, VIDTV or whatever, it runs great.

But other games, such as Madworld and RE Archives, require patches. Although they run with no black or green screen, they don't fit the whole screen or seem to be in 16:9, which is the resolution set in my Wii.

REA is even worse. It seem to be in a fake Widescreen in 4:3, showing the game in less than 50% of the screen.

There is a solution for this?

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this marinos, i've only just learned how to use the forewarder and now i can load Wii Sports Resort without having to go into the Homebrew channel first
smile.gif

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a language fix i think:

When you're downloading disc images, the popup window says "XX number of boxart missing" I think it should be "disc image" rather than boxart

just drives me a bit nuts
tongue.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denpanosekai said:
DISCLAIMER: I give you guys green light to make fun of me as much as you want after reading this. But this is a serious comment on USB Loader GX.

My main problem with USB Loader GX is sort of a minor one considering the convenience of loading games from a HDD.

But when trying to select a game from the listbox, I often end up selecting the wrong one because:
- the cursor is too sensitive
- the list items are not wide enough
- I just suck

For example I try to click A to select a game but as I click the button, the wiimote slightly tips down and I load the game underneath the one I want. Happens to me like 2/5 times. Obviously, I am not a very good FPS player (I prefer RPGs)

I was hoping there could be a way to not have the wiimote pointer select the games from the list, just the D-pad. Perhaps this is just not the right loader for me either, but I really like the built-in update feature (kudos). Larger list items would be great too. Or plainly asked, is there a theme that sort of emulates the main Wii menu, with boxes instead of channels? That would be best for myself.

Dragging the listbox drag box up and down also is quite a difficult task. I can't really explain it any better than this. I just find it really hard to scroll down the page.

If your wiimote is that jittery have you tried adjusting the sensitivity in the setup screens, the Wii that is, not the loader.
wink.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkSunDS said:
I... don't really know what to think of it right now. The interface is the best I've seen of all USB Loaders, but as opposed to Ultimate, it doesn't seem to rip games accurately. I'm experiencing TONS of problems with for instance Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Twilight Princess. Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't seem damaged to me, but it keeps freezing during cutscenes in the Subspace Emissary. I haven't tried other modes. Twilight Princess doesn't even start. The disc is damaged, there are tons of scratches, but Ultimate dumped it correctly. So why can't GX function properly? I assume it's because it's based on the version 1.1 of the loader, which didn't dump Zelda properly either, but I'm disappointed considering its popularity.

I wouldn't mind if those two games weren't the ones I enjoy playing the most, but I'll try Ultimate again and see if it's more stable. Also, using the Forwarder.

Neither of these games give me any trouble when using USBloaderGX, nor are they known to have troubles with the loader. So I would have thought the problem would be to do with your HDD or IOS configuration. The only thing that screws that theory is you have said you had none of these issues with Ultimate loader.

Question: Why did you re-rip the games? If you already had them working with ultimate you should have been able to use the same dirve set up with GX?

The only thing I can think of is either your HDD or your Wii's optical drive have started to get flakey since you swapped loaders. Possibly bad sectors on the HDD where you are trying to install the games.

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mantis41 said:
DarkSunDS said:
I... don't really know what to think of it right now. The interface is the best I've seen of all USB Loaders, but as opposed to Ultimate, it doesn't seem to rip games accurately. I'm experiencing TONS of problems with for instance Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Twilight Princess. Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't seem damaged to me, but it keeps freezing during cutscenes in the Subspace Emissary. I haven't tried other modes. Twilight Princess doesn't even start. The disc is damaged, there are tons of scratches, but Ultimate dumped it correctly. So why can't GX function properly? I assume it's because it's based on the version 1.1 of the loader, which didn't dump Zelda properly either, but I'm disappointed considering its popularity.

I wouldn't mind if those two games weren't the ones I enjoy playing the most, but I'll try Ultimate again and see if it's more stable. Also, using the Forwarder.

Neither of these games give me any trouble when using USBloaderGX, nor are they known to have troubles with the loader. So I would have thought the problem would be to do with your HDD or IOS configuration. The only thing that screws that theory is you have said you had none of these issues with Ultimate loader.

Question: Why did you re-rip the games? If you already had them working with ultimate you should have been able to use the same dirve set up with GX?

The only thing I can think of is either your HDD or your Wii's optical drive have started to get flakey since you swapped loaders. Possibly bad sectors on the HDD where you are trying to install the games.
I installed some games on a 8GB USB thumb drive before getting an external hard drive. Using Ultimate my rips worked perfectly on the first try, but with GX it seems less accurate. Re-ripping Brawl fixed the problem I had with freezing during a cutscene, but I haven't tested it further.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a hdd with a second partition with I want to use for the cheat files and the loader itself (I understood I can do that if I use the loader the a channel right).
When I want to format the partition I can use between NTFS and exFAT with 128 kb clusters.
Is the last one (exFAT and 128kb clusters ok).
The partition will be 46 Gb.

Thanx for the help!

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if its possible to intercept and redirect, whatever command is used to reset the wii, after the wii is finished with an alt dol, back to the game your playing so certain games don't reset the wii....

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for giantpune, Great work on the grid wall. I am using rev559 and 3/4 tv's are up and working in the grid wall. I thougt you may have broken the house of the dead 2/3 fix. But after starting the game the 2nd time it worked like a charm. I see you are also working on othere fix and such so keep up the good work. I would like to ask for a row of 3 with no roundness to it. To be clear I want the ones already there just add a flat row of 3 to make it easyer for my brother to see. So much space is not use because of the look of the grid wall. I just want to be able to press up and get the flat 3 row wall. If this is going to take to much of your time just let me know and I will not ask again. Also if posible can we have the grid wall go to what view it was in after reseting the usbloader, so if I was using the 2 row and restart the wii the next time I start the usbloader it gos back to the 2 row. Thanks for all the hard work, it looks great.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
slingshot27 said:
I have a hdd with a second partition with I want to use for the cheat files and the loader itself (I understood I can do that if I use the loader the a channel right).
When I want to format the partition I can use between NTFS and exFAT with 128 kb clusters.

Thanx for the help!

No one a clue?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slingshot27 said:

Thanx for the help!
I don't know what your question is but I was unable to use the exFAT partition when I tryed it. I had to use Fat 32 which windows only will do under 31gb, but there are programs the will format a fat partition of any size. However if you get the usbload to see the exFAT partition please post it because I would like to do that myself. If you need help with anything more please let us now what your question is more clearly. Thanks.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has nobody actually tested sam and max yet?

i can, but not until this evening. i'm hoping it works. it's currently the only game that i have which doesn't work.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Royusmc said:
slingshot27 said:

Thanx for the help!
I don't know what your question is but I was unable to use the exFAT partition when I tryed it. I had to use Fat 32 which windows only will do under 31gb, but there are programs the will format a fat partition of any size. However if you get the usbload to see the exFAT partition please post it because I would like to do that myself. If you need help with anything more please let us now what your question is more clearly. Thanks.

I am formatting the drive right now.
The USBLoader is still running on SD.
How can I tell if the USBLoader will see the exFAT partition?
I will check it right away for you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/A2A_5pZ2lU4?si=AAMVdptPM4tD-umZ