Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nightwalker said:
it's under Parent Settings...to be honest it took me awhile to figure out as well

Weird place... I suppose it makes sense. I never look at parental controls for anything since it's just me and my wife and we're both in our late 20's... no kids playing our Wii ever.

d popcorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phyl0x said:
well i figured out what was going on, and the loader is working now (at least the menu, havent tried games yet).

I tried loading cios10 and usb loader on my girlfriends wii, and i got the same code dumps on everything.

so with that, the only thing in common between our wiis and these code dumps was the SD card.

tried another SD card and no dumps!

formatted the original SD card and reloaded it with apps, working fine now.

Thanks to everyone for their help, especially Hooya!
was just reading your problems a few posts up and was about to say most likely the sd i had same problem with a crappy sd card
glad you sorted it

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phyl0x said:
Hooya said:
phyl0x said:
Hooya said:
Try installing Hermes' cIOS222 or something maybe. It's the only thing I can think of. I have no idea what variety to install as there are many options and I question which variety of cIOS222 is best. I have not experienced the kind of problems you have.

The strangest thing to me is that it's happening on different hard drives too. Have you tried a USB flash drive stick?

I'll look into Hermes cios222, i try to limit the cios's i install on my wii, and would rather use one of wanikoko's.

I just tried using a usb thumb drive, i got the same problems, constant stock/code dumps.

I try to limit the number of cIOS's too. Anything over 200 is totally custom right now though, none of those are used by Nintendo at all, so if you remove them with AnyTitleDeleter it's like they were never there, so there's no reason not to have them if they help things.

I installed cios222 and im still getting the same code dump. I'm no programmer, but it seems odd that it crashes even when i try to exit the loader back to the wii menu (or shutdown) is the cios doing anything when i try these things?

It use to work but stop working with rev 431. I f you realy want this cIOS then try rev430 or lower. Dimok knows about this issue, it has something to do with unloding memory due to loading all three types of loaders (carusel etc.) in the memory at the same time.

pimous

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The last revision 471 with cios 249...

When you update covers and just after run a game, you have a stack error dump.

Thanks.

Pimous

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pimous said:
The last revision 471 with cios 249...

When you update covers and just after run a game, you have a stack error dump.

Thanks.

Pimous

make sure your running cios12 nothing higher no 13 or 13b

Acutana

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works like a charm.
smile.gif

sanghoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
just a quick question here: are there any plans of updating the loader so that it's based on waninoko 1.5? some games don't work with gx-loader, but do start with waninoko...
example: eledees, no savedata: gx crashes; waninoko 1.5 launches the game, i can create a savegame and from there on it will launch with gx aswell... (3.2e, cios rev12)

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
any rev 441 and higher gives me a code dump at game loading.

dump reproduced on 2 wiis with cios rev10.

are we forced to upgrade to rev12 for newer revisions of GX?

albinoman887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feature Request: Allow USB Loader GX to load Config files and cover images from USB BAT32 Partition including downloading updates to that partition as well. Then this will be the best loader no other one out there could compare right now i know a lot of people who cant use it because they dont' want a SD card in their Wii all the time . This would solve that.

anyways fallin asleep at the keyboard so good night,

AlbnioMan

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
albinoman887 said:
Feature Request: Allow USB Loader GX to load Config files and cover images from USB BAT32 Partition including downloading updates to that partition as well. Then this will be the best loader no other one out there could compare right now i know a lot of people who cant use it because they dont' want a SD card in their Wii all the time . This would solve that.

anyways fallin asleep at the keyboard so good night,

AlbnioMan
See guys? Lots of people want this, and i NEED this since my sd card is fucked up.

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that on carousel mode, you should be able to drag the covers left and right using the the B button. Easier than navigating to the arrows or using the slow D pad.

I also cant reverse the direction of the cover flow, despite trying all the flip x settings.

One more issue - I have widescreen fix on but the top icons are slightly cut off and the + and power icons are right on the edge of the screen. How do I fix this?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
gloscherrybomb said:
I think that on carousel mode, you should be able to drag the covers left and right using the the B button. Easier than navigating to the arrows or using the slow D pad.

I also cant reverse the direction of the cover flow, despite trying all the flip x settings.

One more issue - I have widescreen fix on but the top icons are slightly cut off and the + and power icons are right on the edge of the screen. How do I fix this?

Is normal m8 as loader is based on NSTC as pal screen are little different in size.
You can however adjust the buttons from a config file but I cannot remember the cords. Otherwise you could use a theme which has a differnet layout for the buttons.

For Dimok
just a note to say the guy who is says it code dumps after downloading covers is right and has been the last 20-25 revs
blink.gif
Sorry I should of mentioned it sooner but thought would of corrected in newer revs but it dumps if you start any game after connecting to server to dl covers, regardless if you dl any or not but once you connect and then try and start a game it will always dump you. Is fine if you quit after server connect and restart loader again. Will give you the error later but seems cIOS 10,12 is the same running 3.2e.
Will check later when at home.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
joshed said:
any rev 441 and higher gives me a code dump at game loading.

dump reproduced on 2 wiis with cios rev10.

are we forced to upgrade to rev12 for newer revisions of GX?

no, i'm on rev10 and r471 works. try renaming your settings file, and if that doesn't help, try formatting your whole SD card then putting the apps back.
also, are you using the latest forwarder? that codedumps for me, try the last one (May 30th).

jcee2k5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having that problem of having to shut down everytime after each game. I'm currently on CiosRev 13b, but the couple of threads that I've been reading is telling me to go back to Rev12. Is this the only way to make this work?

Is it working for some users using Rev13b & for others is freezing up like mine?

Please advise,

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7