• Views 7,153,606
  • Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys quick question, i know i saw a guide on how to create your own disc image files with transperancies but i cant seem to find it, anyone have a link or some info on this? ive got all the files i wanna use just need to cut out the sides to make a circle disc and resize them

heggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another quick question, cause I can not find the answer anywhere (nor the question for that matter): I would like to see the battery status in the menu. I already changed in GXtheme.cfg, disabled hdd info etc. Thát works, but enabling battery info (setting it to 1) does not? Is it not supposed to show on the main menu?
Can anyone guide me or tell me what I am doing wrong?

TIA

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying out the usb loader today for the first time, ive been following it since it came out and believe i have a decent knowledge of the issues and how it works.

I cannot however, get the program to work.

I get code dumps constantly:

1. When i try to install a game
2. When I try to install a game put press cancel
3. If I try to exit the loader (to the wii menu)
4. If I try to exit the loader, but press cancel
5. If I try to shut down the wii from the menu in anyway
6. If I try to shut down the wii from the menu, but press cancel

This problem has occurred exactly the same on three different revisions, and with three different CIOS's

I have tried rev466M (came with the forwarder channel)
then got the .elf for rev469
then updated in program to rev471

I have tried CIOS13b, CIOS12, and CIOS10

all result in the same problems, code dumps constantly.

I have a 4.0U Wii (updated with Wanikoko's updater)
with a WiiKey
a 320gb WD Passport
currently cios10

Ive browsed this thread extensively, and while i see people have code dump issues, it doesnt seem to be happening as often and at so many points as it is for me.

Any suggestions?

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all,

I have been away from this loader for a while because I wanted one that would save the config on a partition on the USB hard drive. I did find one that will do this but I like this one so much better.

I have been using the GUI-FX and want to come back to the Loader GX.

Is this loader able to save the config on the USB drive yet or will this loader ever save on the USB?

Thanks,

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phyl0x said:
So I'm trying out the usb loader today for the first time, ive been following it since it came out and believe i have a decent knowledge of the issues and how it works.

This problem has occurred exactly the same on three different revisions, and with three different CIOS's

with a WiiKey
a 320gb WD Passport
currently cios10

Ive browsed this thread extensively, and while i see people have code dump issues, it doesnt seem to be happening as often and at so many points as it is for me.

Any suggestions?

What other patched IOS do you have?

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
phyl0x said:

with a WiiKey
a 320gb WD Passport
currently cios10

Any suggestions?

What other patched IOS do you have?

Only the ones that wanikoko's 4.0 updater patched (not sure what the list is there) (but this was to keep trucha games working)
and ios 60 is patched (to get wads to load off SD)

no other ios's have been patched.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phyl0x said:
Only the ones that wanikoko's 4.0 updater patched (not sure what the list is there)
and ios 60 is patched (to get wads to load off SD)

no other ios's have been patched.

Try installing Hermes' cIOS222 or something maybe. It's the only thing I can think of. I have no idea what variety to install as there are many options and I question which variety of cIOS222 is best. I have not experienced the kind of problems you have.

The strangest thing to me is that it's happening on different hard drives too. Have you tried a USB flash drive stick?

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Try installing Hermes' cIOS222 or something maybe. It's the only thing I can think of. I have no idea what variety to install as there are many options and I question which variety of cIOS222 is best. I have not experienced the kind of problems you have.

The strangest thing to me is that it's happening on different hard drives too. Have you tried a USB flash drive stick?

I'll look into Hermes cios222, i try to limit the cios's i install on my wii, and would rather use one of wanikoko's.

I just tried using a usb thumb drive, i got the same problems, constant stock/code dumps.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phyl0x said:
Hooya said:

I'll look into Hermes cios222, i try to limit the cios's i install on my wii, and would rather use one of wanikoko's.

I just tried using a usb thumb drive, i got the same problems, constant stock/code dumps.

I try to limit the number of cIOS's too. Anything over 200 is totally custom right now though, none of those are used by Nintendo at all, so if you remove them with AnyTitleDeleter it's like they were never there, so there's no reason not to have them if they help things.

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
phyl0x said:
Hooya said:

I try to limit the number of cIOS's too. Anything over 200 is totally custom right now though, none of those are used by Nintendo at all, so if you remove them with AnyTitleDeleter it's like they were never there, so there's no reason not to have them if they help things.

I installed cios222 and im still getting the same code dump. I'm no programmer, but it seems odd that it crashes even when i try to exit the loader back to the wii menu (or shutdown) is the cios doing anything when i try these things?

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
phyl0x, try going back further, e.g. to r457. i'm finding newer versions unstable (3.2E wii, cIOS rev10)

edit: sorry, just tried the latest r471 and seems fine now, so whatever was screwed up in between seems to be sorted, thanks guys!

seen below it was your SD card.. tricky one to solve..

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest revision (alpha/beta/whatever)
r471 (sorry for the delay but university exams are around the corner
wink.gif

(dol and elf, whatever you need)

**NOTE 1: r466 You might want to delete your Configfiles before using this new Rev.
**NOTE 2: r468 the default password is NO PASSWORD SET and the loader starts in godmode.

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page
for the latest official channel (r468 - 2009/06/06), the new official forwarder (2009/06/06), official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files, old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.

NEWS page informs about the important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i figured out what was going on, and the loader is working now (at least the menu, havent tried games yet).

I tried loading cios10 and usb loader on my girlfriends wii, and i got the same code dumps on everything.

so with that, the only thing in common between our wiis and these code dumps was the SD card.

tried another SD card and no dumps!

formatted the original SD card and reloaded it with apps, working fine now.

Thanks to everyone for their help, especially Hooya!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1