• Views 7,178,856
  • Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heh i'm getting nervous trying new versions.. might wait till tomorrow for this one.

one Q about the built in updater.. if you're running the .elf, is it smart enough to replace that with another .elf, or does it just grab the .dol?

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Innovative1 said:
Most all of the revisions are up on the webpage http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions ....nobody needs to 'remove' anything. These are beta revisions and you should not update to them unless you are testing. Otherwise just download the 'stable' revision that you want and put it on your SD card.
Thanks for that link... i've bookmarked that one so i can keep access to the original 1.0 (the most stable of all the "1.0's"
blink.gif
) i only just found a copy of that on my girlfriends wii and took a copy back for mine so i can stop worrying about it playing up
yaynds.gif

CorneliousJD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Can someone explain the update process when I select to update from the Channel (not forwarder)? It asks if I want to update just the .dol or everything, but since I'm not using the forwarder I'm not sure what the difference really is. Is the updater really able to update the Channel? Is it OK to update a lot for the newer revisions if I use the non-forwarder?

Second question: Can you store cover art, etc. on the external HDD or do they have to be stored on the SD? I'm guessing I'd need a separate partition for the image data since you can't really store the image files on WBFS...

use the forwarder. there's no reason to use the channel. you can't update a channel automatically.

2: has to be SD

ideal2545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I installed Hermes cIOS 222 with IOS 36, 37 Merge so that I could play Rockband with the wireless guitar and everything. Well in uloader it works just fine if I pick cIOS222 to play, but if I pick cIOS222 in Loader GX, it just says it cant detect cIOS222 and boots using 249...

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

salphire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i know if indeed the loader support the cios 222? I check with the revisions and nothing come out regarding the cios support.
BTW i think yours rock, but not compatible my hard disk....so cross finger that the 222 support is added as currently that is the only cios that is compatible with my hdd.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
salphire said:
Can i know if indeed the loader support the cios 222? I check with the revisions and nothing come out regarding the cios support.
BTW i think yours rock, but not compatible my hard disk....so cross finger that the 222 support is added as currently that is the only cios that is compatible with my hdd.

It doesn't. You should use 249.

JazzFlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have been asked before, but what's the difference between "Update .dol" and "Update All" on the update screen? This info is not in the opening post nor the news website.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JazzFlight said:
It was just asked (but no answer was given), but what's the difference between "Update .dol" and "Update All" on the update screen? This info is not in the opening post nor the news website.

This has been answered within the last few pages. The answer is the update .dol updates the .dol and update all updates the .cfg files also. However, they rarely change so all you usually need to update is the .dol. Updating all will change any config edits that you have made.

JazzFlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Innovative1 said:
JazzFlight said:
It was just asked (but no answer was given), but what's the difference between "Update .dol" and "Update All" on the update screen? This info is not in the opening post nor the news website.

This has been answered within the last few pages. The answer is the update .dol updates the .dol and update all updates the .cfg files also. However, they rarely change so all you usually need to update is the .dol. Updating all will change any config edits that you have made.
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'll stick to updating all just in case they put out some new cfg.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
@ CODERS

IDEA!

latley i make it a habit to just ZIP the most recent dol on my SD card right in the proper directory...this way if the new update is messed up real bad and i did an online update..I can unzip and role back to the previous...

now that i think of it that feature could be added as well!

Roll back update! feature! thats a thought!

just like the Update has a path.... have a folder called Rollback and when the new file is placed in the UPDATE folder (usbloader_gx) it can move the OLD DOL to the rollback directory
wink.gif

fl0PPsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A rollback feature would be a brilliant idea!!

Infact I'd love to use it right now if it existed. The latest r443 seems to have issues loading games like Super Mario Galaxy and a few others I've tried. Would be great if I didnt have to go back to the PC to roll back to the last version I had.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rev443 code dumps when going into settings and the first time i loaded a game(Punch Out with ocarina) it loaded fine.I exited the game to the wii menu and started the loader again and now any game i try to load results in a code dump.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated from the loader. I chose "Update all"

Now I get an error everytime I click the settings button.
when the code screen comes up is there something I should write down for you guys?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:

when the code screen comes up is there something I should write down for you guys?

Everyone is reporting that happening im sure they are aware and working on a fix.

Do games load for you though? or do they result in a code dump as well?

Coolguy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, my legally obtained games I put on my 1TB USB device sometimes loads up the game list in mere seconds for USB Loader GX, and sometimes it doesn't read it. I'm using rev12, putting it in the correct slot; anyone have any advice?

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
ThaDraGun said:

Everyone is reporting that happening im sure they are aware and working on a fix.

Do games load for you though? or do they result in a code dump as well?

Just tried.. yup games do a code dump too. I guess I'm going back a version for now.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A rollback feature would be a brilliant idea!!

Infact I'd love to use it right now if it existed. The latest r443 seems to have issues loading games like Super Mario Galaxy and a few others I've tried. Would be great if I didnt have to go back to the PC to roll back to the last version I had.

Plus a rollback feature would prevent a ton of sorta useless "hey i updated and now it dont work" comments while deving out the bugz...because even if you dont like the update for whatever reason it could be rolled back

another idea!

@ coders

Maybe say you dont even bother with a directory for rollback....just make it so When you Do update the old file is zipped into a .zip or .rar archive or even a default folder....then when the "roll back button" is pressed it would Unzip or decompress the rar archive and over right the boot.dol file...

just some thoughts/requests for future updates THANKS IN ADVANCED FOR YOUR TIME EVERYONE!

PS: hey guys stay on R432 it is a really good revision for now
wink.gif
using rev12 just dont use cover flow view and you wont get a lot of those code dumps guys
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo