Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
Hyaku Shiki said:
I have a quick question.

When I use WBFS Manager to put the Iso's onto the external HD should I run brickblocker on the file prior to copying it over? Or does that not mean anything anymore?

Thanks,

HS
no need to brickblock

Thanks for the response!

I think there are a few WBFS programs out there. Which would you guys recommend for use with GX?

Thanks

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
funny, 441 seems less stable than 440. just leave it on the menu for a while, then load a game and it will code dump.
gone back to 440 with Carousel, that seems fine for me (only have 5 games though!)

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiff said:
funny, 441 seems less stable than 440. just leave it on the menu for a while, then load a game and it will code dump.
gone back to 440 with Carousel, that seems fine for me (only have 5 games though!)
That is not possible that its due to Carousel. This might be because of the SD Changes. Removing Carousel cant cause codedumps.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok do you need some more info, or is everyone finding 441 codedumps when starting games after waiting a while?
don't think i ever saw this loader codedump prioer to 441 (but then i only started using it yesterday at about 433!)

I am using .elf version and cIOS 36 rev10

p.s. this loader is great, i meant to say thanks for all the work that you're all doing on it.

most important things for me are: 1) its easy to load games (just point and click.. some other loaders are really hard to select the game!, and 2) it looks professional and like a native wii app. great work).

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having a lot of issues with the new cios rev 12, I installed rev 9 again, and was not getting the code dumps that I got with rev 12 installed. cios rev 9 is the best as far as I know, rev 10 is buggy for anyone getting code dumps, try rev 9, because I am on rev 441 right now and having no problems at all. I had many problems when I had rev 12, and now its working great going back to rev 9.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TriumphRider said:
What is the stable version V1 R??? 441??

Use R420, stable and fast, and has the update feature so when you do hear that the latest revisions are stable you can just auto update to them.

Didibochum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry Guys i have to ask this for the third Time, cause everyone ignores my first and second question :-)

Hello,
i think i have a bug on my Wii, perhaps anyone too. Since a couple of revs, i cant shutdown my Wii to iddle with the Wiimote or on the console themselve. Only in the USB Loader i can do that. Sometimes i would like to load the batterys of my Wiimotes in the Loader which is connected to one of the Wii USB Ports.
Has someone else also this problem ??

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to setup the IDLE in your settings of the Wii to use it for other stuff. Our Loader forces IDLE Shutdown when you choose it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain the update process when I select to update from the Channel (not forwarder)? It asks if I want to update just the .dol or everything, but since I'm not using the forwarder I'm not sure what the difference really is. Is the updater really able to update the Channel? Is it OK to update a lot for the newer revisions if I use the non-forwarder?

Second question: Can you store cover art, etc. on the external HDD or do they have to be stored on the SD? I'm guessing I'd need a separate partition for the image data since you can't really store the image files on WBFS...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess I have another question. When I start up my drive is not detected unless I plug it in after I start the re-detection process under IOS249. IOS222 never detects my drive. This is just a temporary flash drive I'm using to test the program, not my final drive, so this might not be an issue in the future. But it raises the question: Which IOS should ideally be used? I have 249 rev12 installed right now, and the 222 that is linked to on the GX Downloads page.

That raises the second question, other than some games that have 249 or 222 preferred, which is the ideal one to use for loading the game after I'm in the loader? Is 222 supposed to be faster or are they the same speed now?

Thanks for answering my noobish IOS related questions.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
I guess I have another question. When I start up my drive is not detected unless I plug it in after I start the re-detection process under IOS249. IOS222 never detects my drive. This is just a temporary flash drive I'm using to test the program, not my final drive, so this might not be an issue in the future. But it raises the question: Which IOS should ideally be used? I have 249 rev12 installed right now, and the 222 that is linked to on the GX Downloads page.

That raises the second question, other than some games that have 249 or 222 preferred, which is the ideal one to use for loading the game after I'm in the loader? Is 222 supposed to be faster or are they the same speed now?

Thanks for answering my noobish IOS related questions.

I have had this problem since the beginning with my USB hard drive. It will work about 15-20% of the time without a power cycle. The same goes for launching USB Forwarder channels that load games from the hd. I have to power cycle it before launching or I get a ret -#### error. So I do not think it has anything to do with the Loader.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated using the update in the setings page and 443 gives me a code dump when I try to go into setting page. Sorry for not adding more info but I just want to get this fixed before someone who don't know how to download the file and put it on there sd card has a hard time.

It also has problems with refreshing sd card. Maby I got a but download I will try to download again using a version 440. I know verion 442 works for me.

code dump
80a31990: 80030004 2F800001 419E0014 8001000C
80a319a0: 38210008 7C0803A6 4E800020 4806A196
80a319b0: 8001000C 38210008 7C0803A6 4E800020

I just downloaded it again using 440 to 443 and got code dump when trying to go into settings.
Can someone please remove 443 so I can download 442 till 444 comes out with the fix. Thanks!
Sorry for posting the removing of 443. I know all of you are doing your best and every thing looks awsome. I will look forward to revion 444 when it comes out. I was just trying to help and took it to far. Keep up the good work.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same issue with IOS 222. I know this is an old issue but is IOS 222 indeed faster for load times? I know in the past I saw people say it is the only way to use usb2.0 speeds while others say it is only a compatibility thing, but never saw this resolved... Why use IOS 222 - once and for all.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest revision (alpha/beta/whatever)
r443
(dol and elf, whatever you need)

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page
for the latest official channel, the new official forwarder, official covers and discs packs, language files, old hermes 222 which was compatible plus anything else that worths the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.

NEWS page informs about the important stuff
(plz read the first post or the help page at the site before asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I just updated using the update in the setings page and 443 gives me a code dump when I try to go into setting page. Sorry for not adding more info but I just want to get this fixed before someone who don't know how to download the file and put it on there sd card has a hard time.

It also has problems with refreshing sd card. Maby I got a but download I will try to download again using a version 440. I know verion 442 works for me.

code dump
80a31990: 80030004 2F800001 419E0014 8001000C
80a319a0: 38210008 7C0803A6 4E800020 4806A196
80a319b0: 8001000C 38210008 7C0803A6 4E800020

I just downloaded it again using 440 to 443 and got code dump when trying to go into settings.
Can someone please remove 443 so I can download 442 till 444 comes out with the fix. Thanks!

Most all of the revisions are up on the webpage http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions ....nobody needs to 'remove' anything. These are beta revisions and you should not update to them unless you are testing. Otherwise just download the 'stable' revision that you want and put it on your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: lol