• Replies 29,371
  • Likes 48

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
you need to update your folder properly. because mp3s.c and mp3s.h was deleted and is no longer in the code.

Really fast answer !

Thanks
yaynds.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mugge said:
tj_cool said:
what size are the images?
They should be 160x224

They are from the package from the homepage of the usb loader gx so i assumed they would work with the usb loader gx?
Can you download them with the loader itself?
Or maybe try one of http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ (resize them to 160x224 before downloading)
Don't forget the last / in the options of the loader

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
tj_cool said:
hondamust said:
QUOTE said:
How do I save the unlocked settings? Everytime I restart the loader, it becomes locked again..

Just go to password in loader and backspace so no password then save now it wont ask for password cause there isnt any
Yep, unlock the loader
Go to password and delete it with backspace
It will show
Now it will be unlocked every time

Interesting. Besides having settings for each individual game when all the features are unlocked. What are the other settings which were previously not available before? Thanks...
yaypsp.gif

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tj_cool said:
Difficult to explain
cIOS36 is based on IOS36 and cIOS38 on IOS38. Waninkoko must have found something good that IOS38 has what IOS36 hasn't. If I'm right, IOS38 is added by system menu 4.0, maybe thats why?

Some games prefer IOS249 (the backup IOS) and others want IOS222 (the USB2.0 IOS). They have different code, so some games react better for one of them.

I'm sorry I can't explain very well. The coders probably know better

Thank you...
So, how do I know which cIOS I must select for the game to play ? Is cIOS38 automatic, like cIOS36 ?
Al my games are working perfectly, is there a list that shows which cIOS is the best for each game ?

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Difficult to explain
cIOS36 is based on IOS36 and cIOS38 on IOS38. Waninkoko must have found something good that IOS38 has what IOS36 hasn't. If I'm right, IOS38 is added by system menu 4.0, maybe thats why?

Not really hard to explain...

IOS38 comes with Animal Crossing, the first game to use and support Wii Speak.. =)

Adding Wii Speak support into IOS36 would probably been more difficult, so they used IOS38, and added the hacks/tweaks there instead and got official accessory support by default (kinda)......

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lexlth said:
tj_cool said:
Difficult to explain

Some games prefer IOS249 (the backup IOS) and others want IOS222 (the USB2.0 IOS). They have different code, so some games react better for one of them.

I'm sorry I can't explain very well. The coders probably know better

Thank you...
So, how do I know which cIOS I must select for the game to play ? Is cIOS38 automatic, like cIOS36 ?
Al my games are working perfectly, is there a list that shows which cIOS is the best for each game ?
The only list there is shows the compatibility: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...e_Compatibility
For the cIOS, I guess its just trial and error. You can select the one you want to use in the game options

And thanks PNo4 for explaining
smile.gif

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So I downloaded the usb loader gx 'as channel' from the first post of this thread. Its up and running but I can only seem to install games from the wii drive. My usb drive has 2 partitions - 1 for wbfs and 1 for ntfs where my backup isos are. How do I get the software to load games from the ntfs partition?

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope someone can explain this to me. I just installed the rev 12 last night, and before rev 12, I used ios 249 to load the loader, but now with rev 12, it only likes ios 222.

im wondering why it doesn't like ios 249 now, is it only recognized by ios 222?

it loads up with 222 and everything works great...until I try and load up a game.

then it just screws up with a code dump, or its even come back and said I don't have ios 222 installed, then tries to boot with 249, and it won't load the game I have selected, it will load the game disc thats in my wii, and if there isn't a disc in the wii, it will come back with an error, and back to the loader menu.

is there somethin I am missing? do I need to install ios 222 or is it already installed?

I load the loader with the 30 second retry on ios 222, so would that mean its installed?

all I know is that rev 12 suddenly caused a lot of code dumps, it would be nice if I could use ios 249 to load the games with, can someone explain why?

thanks mates

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimano said:
hope someone can explain this to me. I just installed the rev 12 last night, and before rev 12, I used ios 249 to load the loader, but now with rev 12, it only likes ios 222.

im wondering why it doesn't like ios 249 now, is it only recognized by ios 222?

it loads up with 222 and everything works great...until I try and load up a game.

then it just screws up with a code dump, or its even come back and said I don't have ios 222 installed, then tries to boot with 249, and it won't load the game I have selected, it will load the game disc thats in my wii, and if there isn't a disc in the wii, it will come back with an error, and back to the loader menu.

is there somethin I am missing? do I need to install ios 222 or is it already installed?

I load the loader with the 30 second retry on ios 222, so would that mean its installed?

all I know is that rev 12 suddenly caused a lot of code dumps, it would be nice if I could use ios 249 to load the games with, can someone explain why?

thanks mates

Do not! It is a problem with latest revs. go back to 420 and you will see it works.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mugge said:
tj_cool said:
Can you download them with the loader itself?
Or maybe try one of http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ (resize them to 160x224 before downloading)
Don't forget the last / in the options of the loader

I'll try again and maybe try downloading online if it doesn't work.
What's the easiest way to resize?
for theotherzone
type the new size in the boxes on the top
then click change size
scroll down (without the letter shortcuts) to the game you want the cover from and click 3D.
the loader auto-resizes when downloading

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest revision (alpha/beta/whatever)
r440
(dol and elf, whatever you need)

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page
for the latest official channel, the new official forwarder, official covers and discs packs, language files, old hermes 222 which was compatible plus anything else that worths the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.

NEWS page informs about the important stuff
(plz read the first post or the help page at the site before asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
collectedsoul said:
So I downloaded the usb loader gx 'as channel' from the first post of this thread. Its up and running but I can only seem to install games from the wii drive. My usb drive has 2 partitions - 1 for wbfs and 1 for ntfs where my backup isos are. How do I get the software to load games from the ntfs partition?

You can't load games from an NTFS partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already