• Likes 48

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
slicer74 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
mat03111984 said:
hi all, i know im probably being stupid but ive come into this a bit late and all i can find is the main dols. but i dont have all of the other files. the config file is missing and everytime i click on to download covers i get a screen dump. where can i get the config.txt from? sorry if its on the 1st page but ive been over and over and cant find it
Read my Signature!

lecture.gif

On line 24 and 29, the ## must be remove if u want it to be read by the loader.

Good job !
gbasp.gif

Thanks! hopefully it'll let me download covers!

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
BlindDude said:
thebobinc said:
sorry for the triple post
huh.gif
lag with internet

Ok,, sorry that you had to be the one I point out but I HAVE NEVER DOUBLE POSTED.. TRIPLE POSTED EVER...

I mean wtf? I admit sometimes when I press the button, it doesnt do anything AT ALL,, for a long time... BUT I DONT PRESS THE FUCKING BUTTON AGAIN!... WTF?

If it doesnt work as soon as you press the button, DONT PRESS IT AGAIN!

Yeah man WTF LOL DOUBLE POST REFRESH LOL RANDUM ECKS DEE
Oh boy, someone accidental pressed the button twice, you should call the cops.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't like the use of the /config/ folder. SD Explorer, which is also on my SD, uses it too. It just doesn't make any sense. So I want to change this in the source. I changed it to use /apps/usbloader/ instead, that seemed to work when compiled. But as an even better solution, I want it to use the directory the dol is located in. How do I do that? I tried SD:config.txt (so without any slashes) but that didn't seem to work

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
1. I really don't like the usa of the /config/ folder. SD Explorer, which is also on my SD, uses it too. It just doesn't make any sense.
2. I tried SD:config.txt (so without any slashes) but that didn't seem to work

1. Blame the WAD people
rolleyes.gif

2. try SD:/config.txt

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
I really don't like the usa of the /config/ folder. SD Explorer, which is also on my SD, uses it too. It just doesn't make any sense. So I want to change this in the source. I changed it to use /apps/usbloader/ instead, that seemed to work when compiled. But as an even better solution, I want it to use the directory the dol is located in. How do I do that? I tried SD:config.txt (so without any slashes) but that didn't seem to work
Again... +1 , for the "config.txt" file to be moved to the DOL location. (Of course, this is just until the GUI can control the configurations!)

biggrin.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use a forwarder for GUI Loader. it takes like 8 seconds from the time i click 'start' on the forwarder channel to when i first see my background picture in USB Loader (it is just a black screen for a while). is this normal? are there better forwarders that would decrease this delay?

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mat03111984 said:
hi all, i know im probably being stupid but ive come into this a bit late and all i can find is the main dols. but i dont have all of the other files. the config file is missing and everytime i click on to download covers i get a screen dump. where can i get the config.txt from? sorry if its on the 1st page but ive been over and over and cant find it

you don't need a config.txt to download the files. Just use the 240 that I'll post next and if you still have problems report the code dumb.

LowKeyEnergy said:
btw , the guy who posted mediafire link to the custom revision 233 (the one that is supposedly stable and flawless) . . . download is broken . you might want to replace the file .

if it was mine, it's removed because the official has it now.

moviecouple said:
marinos35,

Can you compile your 233 with System Patch instead of Disc Patch.

if you get the 240 that i will post next, you can save now your settings so no need to compile a different one

Posts merged

Mediafire folder with all the dols and all the needed files

or just r240.dol

NOTE: *Added Global Settings save which was made by Astidof. I didnt fully review the code and made only a few fixes. Gonna do it later when i have more free time. It seems to work good but might be changed or revert later if errors are found.
Also I noticed that showToolTip was removed from theme settings and now it's available at the gui settings. Also now it says lock or unlock. Some code about bgmusic was also changed.

If you get a code dump with 229+ when trying to download covers/discs without an IP to appear (192.168.xxx.xxx) it's because your wifi settings doesn't work.

CODE
240:ÂÂÂÂ *Added Global Settings save which was made by Astidof.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I didnt fully review the code and made only a few fixes. Gonna do it later when
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ i have more free time. It seems to work good but might be changed or revert
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ later if errors are found.
239:ÂÂÂÂ *Disabled pointing to the gamelist while scrolling with holding B
238:ÂÂÂÂ *Fix of R237 xD
237:ÂÂÂÂ small fix (left and right arrows on gameprompt working now)
235+236: Just some graphics edited
234:ÂÂÂÂ *Changed to download 499 images at once and if you got more games just do the
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ download again for next 499.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ *Removed some printf in the http.c since they are not needed.
233:ÂÂÂÂ *Fixed GameWindowPrompt LEFT/RIGHT navigation bug
232:ÂÂÂÂ *Changed now not downloading nocover images of the server. instead gives out how
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ many not found and for those uses our standard.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ *Added Cancel button to downloadwindow (if it seems to freeze on one file and
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ cant cancel, its the server we cant do anything about it. just wait before th
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ next file the cancel will have effect.)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ *Added +/- navigation for GameWindowPrompt too
231:ÂÂÂÂ Optimized the game prompt
230:ÂÂÂÂ 1. If you set show_hddinfo or show_gamecount = 1, the hdd info and game count
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ would be forced to shown (even if you set clock on)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 2. Added custom clock location (see wiki)
229:ÂÂÂÂ *Added automatic download support for custom path
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ *Added autocreate directories if not found (fixes crash)
228:ÂÂÂÂ *Added delay to the new ToolTip function
227:ÂÂÂÂ Fixed custom cover path download bug
226:ÂÂÂÂ Bug fixes in gamewindowprompt.
225:ÂÂÂÂ *Fixed Focus bug....Sorry created a little focus bug with Tooltip on top
224:ÂÂÂÂ Set download gamenumber to 500, made tooltip on top of browser.
223:ÂÂÂÂ Make screen fade to dark when a prompt is called.
222:ÂÂÂÂ Iron out wrinkles in the volume control handling.ÂÂAdd new sound prototype.
221:ÂÂÂÂ Made the left/right on the D-button to change games in the game prompt.
220:ÂÂÂÂ clock freeze fixed
218+219: Added volume that controls SFX as well as BG music.

I'll add to the mediafire folder all the files linked at my site
http://wiimoveu.googlepages.com/usbloader-gui

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I only get a blackscreen when IOS222 is enabled...

Another issue: i can´t install any game from the console... installation freezes allways!!!!!!

Thanks.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's the direct link to revision 240: http://wii.spiffy360.com/getfile.php?rev=24

QUOTE said:
*Added Global Settings save which was made by Astidof.

I didnt fully review the code and made only a few fixes. Gonna do it later when i have more free time. It seems to work good but might be changed or revert later if errors are found.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
marinos35 said:
mat03111984 said:

you don't need a config.txt to download the files. Just use the 240 that I'll post next and if you still have problems report the code dumb.

I also had a code dump because my wifi was not working. If you also get it with 240 without an IP to appear (192.168.xxx.xxx) it's the same case with me (your wifi settings doesn't work). If you get an IP and you are using 240, maybe it also has problem when your internet is down. I can't ckeck it that now. Maybe later.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
oh ye, i just remembered i got a new router so my wiis wifi wont be setup. ill do that in the morning i think. that will explain the code dumps.

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
i use a forwarder for GUI Loader. it takes like 8 seconds from the time i click 'start' on the forwarder channel to when i first see my background picture in USB Loader (it is just a black screen for a while). is this normal? are there better forwarders that would decrease this delay?

I also use a forwarder for SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol I never clocked it but 8 secs sounds about right for my setup too. when you think about it. Without usbloader it would take me way more then 8 seconds to find the game media and pop the dvd into the drive and click the game channel.

SG

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's the direct link to revision 241: http://wii.spiffy360.com/getfile.php?rev=25

QUOTE said:
1. Fixed some theme settings bug that were introduced from r240
2. show_tooltip option is changed (0 means forced to turn off (ignore general settings, 1 means use general settings)

I didn't test on it but it should work.

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thebobinc said:
Cyan said:
DPyro said:
cyrex said:
I bet it was the IDE to USB adapter that didnt put your HDD to sleep and fried it while spinning at full speed for 3 hours
Put the HDD in a plastic bag and place it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
it is already cold, it wasn't spinning, it was in sleep mode with no command to wake it up (maybe my adapter fault)
I don't think it's a heat problem, I already use it for hours without problem.

i hade issue in the past with old hdd , the freezer methode is actualy working offen , like the other guy told you put it in a plastic bag, i have been able to save cusial data like that in the past, and by the way i use an external enclosure, i never shut it down it is allways on, so o good sugestion would be to buy yourself a little enclosure they are very cheap , i paid mine 12$ canadian

hope you will be able to save your hdd

best luck
wink.gif

Salut le Québeker, en plain sa que j'ai faite moi itou!

En passant je pensais être le seul du Québec ici !

a +

KaNiMziE

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to be straight....

I can still use show_tooltip in the theme.txt?

But if I don't it will default to the global setting located in config.txt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade