• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The HD disc cover doesn't look good on Wii.
The picture is resized and looks jaggy when it's rotating (moire effect).
It could be used in case WiiU homebrew is possible and we get 1080p, but on current resolution it doesn't look good.
loading a 500x500 disc cover : http://s2.filetrip.net/p/351/269185-USBLoader_GX_ScreenShot-May0811294515.png
resizing to fit to center : http://s2.filetrip.net/p/351/269196-USBLoader_GX_ScreenShot-May0813265215.png
(no, it's not loading WiiU games lol, it's just a png)

I don't know if I should keep the resizing code, it's adding unneeded cycles and functions to check picture size, it only slow the loading even if using low res covers.
the code is here if users ever want to place bigger png it will resize it. (why use >160px? it's resized to fit 160px anyway). but I may remove it.
A possible use to HD disc cover would be to "open the game box and see the disc" in the Game info window, to zoom on the disc.

Yes, I still consider UStealth switcher :)
I'm so slow to code, sorry.

Reactions: Troopage

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
A possible use to HD disc cover would be to "open the game box and see the disc" in the Game info window, to zoom on the disc.
That would be a nice touch :P, I don't find myself giving the disc cover a proper use, I just use the channel banner mode, so the disc .png are sitting there doing nothing lol

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also noticed that saving has an issue.
when I select "no" when it asks if I want to continue playing in MKGP, it never writes the card's data. it freeze at "don't take your card" screen, even when launched from hbc>nintendont.
I'll try again with an updated nintendont version, I didn't update for few weeks.

This issue was found in QuadForce USB as well. It has something to do with the save emulation, it's best to wait 60 seconds then you can safely turn off the game. The game does actually save or at least that's what happened in QuadForce USB the screen just locks up but data is actually written.

Reactions: Cyan

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes emuNAND. Don't even understand the interest of emuNAND.
Devo/Nintendont = GC games, aren't they ?

EmuNand(Emulated Nand Flash) is used for loading GC games in FST format, Wii Save Game Emulation, WiiWare/Virtual Console Titles. The Real Nand Flash in the Wii is only 512MiB so wouldn't you think that using an emulated nand that can grow to several GiB would be best?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried with "Force NTSC480p" only? (Don't mess around with DOL Video patch option)

Some games don't play in progressive scan mode, it is best to leave the Wii resolution to 480i and edit and games that are being loaded.
The Dol video patch option patches the known video modes in the main.dol file for the game you are loading, for example DBZ:BT3 PAL Doesn't display properly on an NTSC TV so by setting the video mode to 480p NTSC and patching the Dol with Region patching method the game screen is slightly smaller then my TV screen but it's better then it being to big for my tv screen.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone has tried this but if you use the nintendont code to exit the game you are playing if you load gamecube games through usb loader gx the game freezes. Works fine when using nintendont directly. Not a big deal but just thought i would let people know in case they ever had that problem.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone has tried this but if you use the nintendont code to exit the game you are playing if you load gamecube games through usb loader gx the game freezes. Works fine when using nintendont directly. Not a big deal but just thought i would let people know in case they ever had that problem.
Rev 1244 sub loader gx here and 3.333 nintendont exits back to games like it is suppose to. Test GameCube trig force games all working fine . Something is wrong on your end . I used a classic controller to exit by hitting home if your wondering.

Reactions: cvskid

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have any issue exiting games using the button combo, and I always launch my games from USBGX.
Maybe you don't have the forwarder channel installed?

When you launch a homebrew from the loader, it's patched to reload a channel's titleID at exit.

it's hardcoded to try UNEO (forwarder) and ULNR (full channel).
if no GX channel is installed, it's set to reload the system menu titleID.

If you don't have the channel, I recommend installing the forwarder (titleID UNEO) to benefit from the "return to" features.

Reactions: cvskid

sunefa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if you launch a gamecube game from the loader, it shouldn't last long in nintendont's menu.
you don't select settings or games here.

The rumble stops once the game is loaded?

neek2o progress, here all working features:
- boot to neek system menu
- autobooting game channel
- incompatible game channel confirmed working (castlevania rebirth)
- Selecting emuNAND path (default or temporary)
- return to channel on emuNAND
- return to channel on default emuNAND if using temporary path (if ever useful to load a channel from default path instead of temporary NAND path)

exemple:
nswitch could be on default NAND
launch a game from a different NAND path, it will exit the game and return default NAND to load nswitch.
not sure if useful...
That's the only purpose I see to use temporary path.

temporary path could be used to launch channel from different path, but keep bootmii or nswitch to boot the old one.

This is weird, you said the game starts right away, but when loading one of mine through usb loader gx, it was simply loading the Nintendont menu, waiting for me to pick sd or usb device, while rumbling nonstop.
So i went ahead and opened my Wii U again just to make sure and post what it does exactly, only to find out the problem is non existant now. Which is weird. I think it had something to do with the Nintendont path? Not sure... But hopefully it wont appear again. I'll keep you updated if it does.

PS : was all that neek2o talking directed to me? cause i didnt understand a single word :P
Sorry for bothering you, and thanks for the fast reply.

drewtheretrogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i'm having a problem i found no solution to, already posted it once but thought i should try again.

MY GC controller being run from mayflash 4 ports wii u adapter, is rumbling nonstop at Nintendont menu, it happens only when i launch the loader from the usb loader gx, either when loader gx has been run at least once before i open Nintendont.

If i open Nintendont right away without caring about usb loader gx at all, i have no issues at all.

So it's troublesome only when i want to switch from a Wii game to a Gamecube game,or from opening usb loader gx to opening Nintendont.

Any ideas on how to fix that? EVerything is updated to latest revisions, tried changing some settings but nothing as well.
I am having the same problem.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are booting from USB Loader GX and ending up at the screen where it asks you which device type you want then something is interfering with the boot process. Either there is a drive/filesystem issue preventing the nincfg.bin file from being created or something is preventing the passing of boot arguments in memory.

Make sure you are using the latest USB Loader GX (revision 1244) and the latest Nintendont (revision 333) and that you're using FAT32 without any hidden partitions on the drive (such as USB enclosure utility installers.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think he wants to loads ISO from LAN.
and no, there's nothing like that.

For nintendont not autobooting games : you need r1239 or newer. you probably used an old USBLoaderGX revision with an updated nintendont version.
old revision are not detecting latest nintendont version correctly and generate a wrong setting file.
Nintendont updated its version string, so it need an updated method to detect the version string.
use r1239 or newer and autoboot will be fixed for all (new and old) version of nintendont.

drewtheretrogamer:
sorry then, I don't know why your NAND dump doesn't work, not even system channels.
if you have a Wii, make a Wii dump and use it as emuNAND. It should work too.

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It works fine with the LAN adapter. Just set your Wii up to use a wired connection in the system menu.

I actually meant to use the wii lan adapter for internet access, i am in no need of loading isos through the LAN.

I got the adapter to work after all; as it turns out, if the wii LAN adapter is connected into the front usb ports of the wii u, usb loader doesn´t detect it. I really didn´t bother to test the back ports as i assumed this was a cios related issue which overall didn´t allow compatibility for the adapter (other apps worked fine with the lan adapter connected into the front usb ports).

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so you are on WiiU, you are using cIOS 10-alt ? (the beta53)

beta53 is supposedly compatible with multiple USB ports, but I don't know if it's limited to 2 or if all 4 are working.
You tested the LAN adapter only in the loader or in the games too?

Because the loader is only initializing 2 USB ports, unless you use IOS58 as loader's IOS to have all 4 ports enabled.
if only the 2 back ports are working while in the game, then it's a cIOS issue.

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so you are on WiiU, you are using cIOS 10-alt ? (the beta53)

beta53 is supposedly compatible with multiple USB ports, but I don't know if it's limited to 2 or if all 4 are working.
You tested the LAN adapter only in the loader or in the games too?

Because the loader is only initializing 2 USB ports, unless you use IOS58 as loader's IOS to have all 4 ports enabled.
if only the 2 back ports are working while in the game, then it's a cIOS issue.

Alright, i did some testing; the loader displays an odd behavior. I am indeed using the cIOS 10-alt (slot 249, base 56) for the wii u.

I configured the loader in other to use the usb port 1 for reading the hdd; the wii LAN adapter is connected into the port 0. This is where it gets odd: if i start usbloader gx with the hdd on port 1 and the wii LAN adapter into the port 0, the wii LAN adapter is not initialized; i have to reconnect the wii LAN adapter in other for it to be recognized. This behavior is exactly the same within games (i tested it with mario kart wii). I have to reconnect the LAN adapter if i want to use it.

If i connect the LAN adapter into the front ports it is not initializing even when i reconnect it; again, this behavior is the same within games.

With my current setup it would be really useful if i could use the 4 usb ports as i need to use port 0 for a wii u formatted drive (so nintendont ignores it preventing it to display an exception when loading a game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Be the free-est you can be. XD