• Likes 48

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
USB Loader GX rev1231-sixaxis mod1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/ds3/USBL-GX-1231-sixaxisboot.7z

Please test this dol ant let me know if everything is right
PS3-DS3 controller should be connected via USB cable (same as Nintendont)
sources: will follow...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/ds3/1231-Sixaxis-mod-source.rar

libsixaxis-v2 should be installed to libogc using "make install"
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/ds3/libsicksaxis-v2.rar
GC controller fixed (all input should work simultaneously now)
same links

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Cyan. What happened to your signature? I softmodded a new Wii today and I was looking to download the latest version of USB Loader GX from the link in your signature and saw that you don't have a signature anymore. I know I can just find an older version somewhere and then do the internal update which is probably what I am going to do. Just wasn't sure if you removed it on purpose and if so the reason behind it.

Nevermind. I swear, I even went back a few pages and I never saw a signature below your posts. But I see it now. Maybe I just over looked it. It's been a long day. lol.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Cyan. What happened to your signature? I softmodded a new Wii today and I was looking to download the latest version of USB Loader GX from the link in your signature and saw that you don't have a signature anymore. I know I can just find an older version somewhere and then do the internal update which is probably what I am going to do. Just wasn't sure if you removed it on purpose and if so the reason behind it.

Nevermind. I swear, I even went back a few pages and I never saw a signature below your posts. But I see it now. Maybe I just over looked it. It's been a long day. lol.

Were you logged in? If you are logged out you will not see signatures.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you logged in? If you are logged out you will not see signatures.

Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened. I was checking this forum on my wife's laptop so I wasn't auto logged in. I logged in just so I could write that post and when I was done I noticed the signature was back. Rookie mistake. lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for users not logged, they can also check my blog. single static place to find always last info/links.
I'm writing info on what I'm currently doing, even if unreleased.
I thought some users might be curious on what's going on when they don't see a release for few weeks.

currently, no work at all :P
don't bother looking.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
where on your USB?

it should be located in the /wbfs/ folder
and each games located in its own subfolder (if possible with game's title and GameID).

wbfs/New super mario bros. Wii [SMNP01]/SMNP01.wbfs

You can (should) use wii Backup Manager to automatically place and rename the games on USB.

If it still doesn't display in USBLoaderGX, verify that you enabled Wii games in the 4th icon in the top menu.

killerkalmah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im new to the forums but Im arround since 2008, I recentrly got a second handed wii, and I look at the latest revision of this amazing loader, but Im having some issues with it and what better place for report it than here lol... well, seriously if someone can assist me that would be awesome, Im trying to get the grid channels displayed on the loader but for some reason i can't, the others stuffs in the loader seems to work pretty well, I have 1.1.2 HBC and a wad chan. for the rev 118 of the loader, I read that I need the lates HCB (wich i have) to get the display but nope... I don't get the display, Im abput to try the lates rev1231 with a forwader and watting for a responce... I will appretiated.

pd: wii 4.3U instaling wads with cios249 on wad manager 1.7, bootmii as boot 2, dios mios2.12 and HBC 1.1.2 (since Im back in the wii scene it is possibly that I dont have the optimal cios and such, so i will appretiate some advice in order to optimize my usb loader gx performance of course and sorry if is a dumb question, but i read like 35 pages and i couldn't find a solution)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By grid channel, you mean the one with the animated banners, or the one labeled "grid mode" in the tooltip? (with aligned covers)
I'll guess it's the Channel layout you want (the latest on the menu).

don't use the full channel (which is old and has bugs).
prefer the Forwarder + dol on SD (it's currently the only method for which I'm releasing updates).

Use the latest forwarder (v5.1) to be sure to get what's required for the "channel layout".
use the latest loader (currently 1231).
be sure to have the updated meta.xml in the same folder than boot.dol file. (meta.xml provided with 1231 package).

killerkalmah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Cyan, I was doing that exact thing but with an older forwader, I tested with v5.1 and works fine, thanks for the replay, by the way, how can I set a virtual memory card for my gamecube games on the loader? or it has it as default? I have DIOS MIOS 2.11 installed for usb load and im about to try nintendont. Which one would be better to use with the USB gx?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's compeltely different method to play gamecube games.

DIOS MIOS (Lite) use the Wii in native gamecube mode. It has access to the real memory card, but you can enable the option "NMM" (No More Memory) in the settings if you want to save to SD instead.
Nintendont use the Wii in Wii mode, rewriting all the Gamecube function in the game to work with the counterpart Wii functions. You can't use real memory card, you need to enable the "Memory card Emulation" setting in the loader.

Hardware-wise, DIOS MIOS require more specific settings to work and might not be easy to setup.
Nintendont accept more options (4k drives, 64k/cluster, better HDD support).

Compatibility wise, DIOS MIOS is stable, nintendont is in development.
You can check the Wiki page of this site for the different game compatibility lists.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get the widescreen hack to work with nintendon-t?
I've tried setting it as both, a game-specific setting and as a global setting but I don't see any difference in the game appereance.

I've been testing it on Mario Kart Double Dash.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try another game where it's more visible?
like paper mario.

The wide screen patch adds more pixel to the displayed area, it doesn't render the game in 16:9.
when your TV stretch the picture because you display 4:3 on your HDTV without using 4:3 setting, it stretch the squeezed picture back to look normal (circle looks like a circle, not an oval anymore), but with less information on screen as there's more picture in the same amount of pixel, so some pixel had to be deleted.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan, what do I exactly have to do to use USB port1? I changed port0 to port1 in the options, but GX says it can't find the HDD if it is plugged to port1.
Are there any differences regarding loading times using one port over the other?
Thanks.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan, you're awesome!
Fantastic updates ( private server settings, dol patching etc etc.)
USBL GX is still lightning fast and my choice of loader.

Thank you!

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try another game where it's more visible?
like paper mario.

The wide screen patch adds more pixel to the displayed area, it doesn't render the game in 16:9.
when your TV stretch the picture because you display 4:3 on your HDTV without using 4:3 setting, it stretch the squeezed picture back to look normal (circle looks like a circle, not an oval anymore), but with less information on screen as there's more picture in the same amount of pixel, so some pixel had to be deleted.

Hi, Cyan!

It's been a long time since I actively participated in this forum but the advances with nintendont and corresponding USBGX support have caught my interest. This loader is so good and so capable of doing what I need it too, that I had stopped keeping up with the latest.

I'll spend some more time comparing MKDD to other games with the widescreen hack enabled to see if I notice a difference. I was going by the character graphics in-race, and I could not see much difference in the proportions with or without the hack but like you said, this may be more noticeable in some games than others.

One more question: I can have game-specific settings for nintendont, right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, all the loader is based on the "global + individual" setting system.
it works this way with Gamecube loaders too of course.

I thought you didn't use this loader (when I was on IRC you always told me you don't really use it :P)
I'm glad you like it.
If you have any other issue, or suggestion let me know (I'll add that to my already long list of things to do or verify lol)

Bigdrago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
where on your USB?

it should be located in the /wbfs/ folder
and each games located in its own subfolder (if possible with game's title and GameID).

wbfs/New super mario bros. Wii [SMNP01]/SMNP01.wbfs

You can (should) use wii Backup Manager to automatically place and rename the games on USB.

If it still doesn't display in USBLoaderGX, verify that you enabled Wii games in the 4th icon in the top menu.

4th icon on the top menu is "sort order by most played"

On the bottom it sys "Games: 0"

I have transferred everything from memory card to usb hdd. Memory card is removed from the system.
When trying to download theme I get a black screen with Exception DSI
When entering the menus and trying to update I get black screen with Exception DSI.

I have formated the disk with Wii Backup Manager t FAT32 and transferred all games to the wfbs folder.

What can be wrong here? Games not found and I get these black screens.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry if the answer is harsh, but: if it's not the 4th icon ... didn't it come to your mind to try the 3rd or 5th? or any other icon from the top menu to see if you would find a menu corresponding to the description I provided?

so now please, try all other buttons.
You need to find a menu where you can "enable Wii games", because the loader can display games based on their type :
- Wii games
- Gamecube games
- Channels
- EmuNAND

So, you need to enable the display of the wii games to be sure that your issue is not just because Wii game display is disabled.
Sorry if I mistaken the position number of that menu.

Once you are sure that the loader is set to display wii games, then we can try to find another solution.
This one is the easier to test and resolve.

If you don't have any menu resembling what I described, the you are using a very old version.
Please, update the loader.

reporting errors using old versions is useless.
If it's a bug, it's probably fixed long ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1