• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which version of the loader are you using?
there were a bug in few revisions, but it's now fixed (since r1211).
If you update, you may have to re-create your emuNAND if you installed wads when using the revision with the bug.

You can install wads using the internal wad installer.

You can also batch install wads using ShowMiiWads on Windows.

Reactions: rafaelia

rafaelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which version of the loader are you using?
there were a bug in few revisions, but it's now fixed (since r1211).
If you update, you may have to re-create your emuNAND if you installed wads when using the revision with the bug.

You can install wads using the internal wad installer.

You can also batch install wads using ShowMiiWads on Windows.

Thanks! I didn't realize I had to re-create the emuNAND, works fine now.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey Cyan, have a problem with my Wii U setup, HDD connected through Y USB, works fine no problem, Wii games and Devolution work normally, the problem arises when I connect my USB thumbdrive which is formated to store Wii U stuff, when I load Devolution it reset itself, only happen when the thumbdrive is connected. Tried several setups, including an USB hub, no dice, Devolution just don't like extra attached drivers. Also UStealth is deactivated while playing Devo, of course.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try the official Devolution loader?
I didn't read anything about WiiU HDD issue or reseting if it was connected.
Did you try to connect them in a different order? FAT32 HDD on port1 (which has priority over port0 with IOS58)

You will need cIOS 10-alt (or IOS58) for USBloaderGX to mount port1.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I didn't try Devolution loader, but I suspect it will have the same problem, it happens with other apps like UStealth (app crash), and Wiixplorer didn't recognize my HDD. Under ULGX I set the game path manually, so I don't know why it could try to read another device. The pendrive works just fine under Wii U so don't know what happens. To be clear, the problem just happen with Devo and Wiixplorer, I understand both use fat32 format, and both use IOS58.

Respect your suggestion, there's any difference with this 'alt' version?

Edit: connecting the Wii U formated pendrive on port0, and HDD on port1 made the trick (at least in Wiixplorer) but can't initialize ULGX now ;p

SimonBirchNYC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, first timer here. Daughter played original Kirby's Epic Yarn which required her to update. After doing so, USB Loader GX gives an error about needing cIOS 249 / 250 and won't show Wii games. Is there an easy, fool-proof way to fix this? (I'm a fool)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't try Devolution loader, but I suspect it will have the same problem, it happens with other apps like UStealth (app crash), and Wiixplorer didn't recognize my HDD. Under ULGX I set the game path manually, so I don't know why it could try to read another device. The pendrive works just fine under Wii U so don't know what happens. To be clear, the problem just happen with Devo and Wiixplorer, I understand both use fat32 format, and both use IOS58.

Respect your suggestion, there's any difference with this 'alt' version?

Edit: connecting the Wii U formated pendrive on port0, and HDD on port1 made the trick (at least in Wiixplorer) but can't initialize ULGX now ;p
The issue is not in USBLoaderGX, setting the path correctly has nothing to do with the console crashing when playing or launching another device.

The issue is that cIOS are initializing port in incremental order (Port0, port1), while IOS58 is initializing ports in reversed order (Port3, port2, port1, port0).
If you have the WiiU HDD connected in the higher port, Devolution will try to mount it (as it's the first encountered HDD when using IOS58!) and will crash as there's no partition table.
Connecting the vWii HDD on port1 fix the problem with Devolution.

But when connecting the HDD on port1, you need a cIOS compatible with Port1 if you want to use USBLoaderGX.
cIOS are only working with Port0, except :
Hermes v4+ (wii only)
cIOS d2x v9 (Wii only)
cIOS d2x v10-Alt (Wii and vWii !)

So, if you want USBLoaderGX to work with the games on Port1, you need the Alternative version of d2x v10.
Then, in USBLoaderGX, go to settings > HDD Settings > and change the port to Port1 and restart the loader (Home>Reset) to force the meta.xml edition for next launch.

Hi all, first timer here. Daughter played original Kirby's Epic Yarn which required her to update. After doing so, USB Loader GX gives an error about needing cIOS 249 / 250 and won't show Wii games. Is there an easy, fool-proof way to fix this? (I'm a fool)
Here is what you need to reinstall the custom IOS to replace the official version Nintendo installed in slot 249/250.

- Download this : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ggh53tj9hhp1tr/d2x-cios-installer-3.1-v6-v7-v8-v10-wii.7z
- Extract to SD (or USB)
- Be sure you have network setting (you need wifi connection, it will download files from Nintendo's servers)
- Launch from the homebrew channel
- Select these data to install :

What: d2x v8 (or v10)
where: slot 249
base: IOS56
version: 21008 (or 21010)
Press A to install and return to the main screen.

do the same with the next slot:

What: d2x v8 (or v10)
where: slot 250
base: IOS57
version: 21008 (or 21010)

After install, you can press Home to exit.

If your daughter want to play the game, you can use USBLoaderGX to copy the game to your HDD. Then launch the game from the loader.
If you really want to play from the Disc, instead of version "210xx" in the d2x installer, select "65535".
It will prevent the game to update the version, as it's the maximum possible version number.

Reactions: SimonBirchNYC

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Where does the USB Loader GX get the pictures used for GameCube games in channel view? Somehow the one for Luigi's Mansion has become messed up, either displays a different game or the Gamecube logo twice.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it depends if you are using a custom banner animation, or the official one auto-generated by the loader.

If it's a custom one (downloaded using the Download cover menu), you can delete it by going into the game's settings > Delete menu > Delete banner cache. (or .bnr file)

If it's the default/internal animation created by the loader, it's taking the little picture from the ISO itself (it's the memory card's logo used by the game).

If you can take a screenshot (C+Z) that would be interesting to see your problem.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The issue is not in USBLoaderGX, setting the path correctly has nothing to do with the console crashing when playing or launching another device.

The issue is that cIOS are initializing port in incremental order (Port0, port1), while IOS58 is initializing ports in reversed order (Port3, port2, port1, port0).
If you have the WiiU HDD connected in the higher port, Devolution will try to mount it (as it's the first encountered HDD when using IOS58!) and will crash as there's no partition table.
Connecting the vWii HDD on port1 fix the problem with Devolution.

But when connecting the HDD on port1, you need a cIOS compatible with Port1 if you want to use USBLoaderGX.
cIOS are only working with Port0, except :
Hermes v4+ (wii only)
cIOS d2x v9 (Wii only)
cIOS d2x v10-Alt (Wii and vWii !)

I successfully installed d2x v10 beta r53 alt for vWii, Wii U device in port0, ULGX in port1. Devolution initialize correctly, I had to make a really weird setup with an USB hub xD. Data HDD to port1, power cable to hub, data hub to port0, Wii U device into hub.

One last thing, I have official ULGX channel in vWii, upon initilialization it always sais "waiting for HDD, press B to cancel" even when I setup to work with port1 only, the app start fine, it just weird that ask this every time.

Thanks!

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, I had a quick question posted while you were gone, just wondering if you had any input.

I have a question about the new "Update Nintendont" feature. Is it possible to offer an option to update Nintendont with the UStealth patch? I've been using this site to download the newest Nintendont version - it automatically updates and offers downloads of Nintendont with the UStealth patch applied. However, if I use the "Update Nintendont" feature in USB Loader GX, it only downloads the normal Nintendont version, which does not see my hidden drive. Would it be possible to - for example - open up a window with both options (Normal and UStealth patched) when you click on "Update Nintendont"? Thanks.

EDIT: I suppose a further question would be "Is it possible to make Nintendont work with or without UStealth while not needing a patch?" but that would be something to ask in the Nintendont thread.

I'm assuming that the "Update Nintendont" feature just goes online and downloads the newest version, always located HERE. I was wondering if it were at all possible to download Nintendont with the UStealth patch applied, like in the link in my earlier post, though that obviously isn't just a static link.

That's a great feature to have in USB Loader GX, but users with UStealth patched drives just can't use it quite yet!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Another problem... Trying to boot up CoD Modern Warfare 3 give me black screen, using cIOS d2x v10-Alt vWii with base 57, now all the games using base 57 don't strart :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I forgot about it, sorry.

I didn't know there were a place which compiled version with UStealth LibFat.
If there were a static link to the latest version, I could add it.
currently, there are many zip files with the version in the title. I would require analyzing all the page to find which file has the most up to date version, download the zip to temp file and extract it.

having a "boot.dol" or "Loader.dol" to link to would be easier.

OriginalHamster, maybe your drive is not compatible with alt version :(
or maybe only the base57 is bad? try to reinstall it, but I don't think it will fix it.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
OriginalHamster, maybe your drive is not compatible with alt version :(
or maybe only the base57 is bad? try to reinstall it, but I don't think it will fix it.

I installed d2x-v10 alt, base 56 on slot 249, with no problems...
Would it be that it is not compatible only with base 57?

The cIOS installer downloaded the base itself I didn't make anything, maybe it should downloading again, it gets stored in the SD after downloading right? If so what is the path?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on vWii, it's not downloaded.
It's using the IOS located on your console as base. all vWii have the same IOS from first WiiU update, so the installer doesn't need to download files.

I don't know why only the base57 is giving you issue with the HDD.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
on vWii, it's not downloaded.
It's using the IOS located on your console as base. all vWii have the same IOS from first WiiU update, so the installer doesn't need to download files.

I don't know why only the base57 is giving you issue with the HDD.

If I download manually the IOS57 through NUSD?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I previously installed d2x not the alt version, in slot 250, maybe it's the problem?
There's any way to leave clean that slot again and start a fresh installation?

Maybe I got confused with the ciosmap.xml thing, what should be the structure to install d2x alt, on IOS250?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1