• Likes 48

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im having problems with USB Loader GX. USB Loader GX doesn't seem see the ISO of my backup games in the root of my USB?

is they a specific layout or format which the games should be set up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, use WiiBackupManager, set the folder format to Filename_ (or Filename_[GameID]), enable the checkbox "update storage convention on mount".

Then mount your drive and it will rename all the folders automatically.
USBGX require the GameID in the folder name to speed the listing process instead of reading it from each ISO.
There's only one folder's format which doesn't work with GX and you used it :P

Reactions: 1 person

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, use WiiBackupManager, set the folder format to Filename_ (or Filename_[GameID]), enable the checkbox "update storage convention on mount".

Then mount your drive and it will rename all the folders automatically.
USBGX require the GameID in the folder name to speed the listing process instead of reading it from each ISO.
There's only one folder's format which doesn't work with GX and you used it :P

it just doesn't seem to work, is it possible that the ISO is corrupted. it shows that the usb is missing certain amount of data on bottom.

EDIT:

ive fixed that, now the problem is it shows the game but it loads and then goes back to the homebrew channel without loading the game. ive installed the cIOS which ModMIi recommend.

thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In 2D grid mode, what will GCN games look like, will they all look the same?
Would it be possible to load the icon you see in the memory card management screen for GCN games so that at least you are able to quickly identify individual games on the grid without having to wait for the tooltips to come up?

Reactions: 1 person

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any specific settings I can use in USB Loader GX to get Tintin to work from USB HDD. All my other games work fine but Tintin just randomly locks up. I updated to d2xv7 today but it didn't help.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way anyone knows how to get tin tin to work is sneek.. even though i had reported it to work,(spoke way way to soon,kids didn't tell me they were still playing disc, cause it kept freezing). though d2x said it comes down to loaders.( http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/Problematic_disc_based_games ) .. an for that i'm sorry ,an feel like a total ass.(this was back in december.).. so unless the coders figure out whats going on with these few games. then the only way to play tin tin is through sneek/neek..

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I thought that might be the case but was hoping there might be a simpler way ;) Guess I'll have to knuckle down and setup Sneek.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shortz: Tintin doesn't even work with crap?
I thought launching that game from a channel could fix the problem. (like for wifi on emunand).

Then, only the official "disc channel" is working. Davebaol did some tests and found that this channel (and game edited to use a cIOS) worked fine, so it's not a cIOS problem. there might be some launch variables that USBloader don't have yet.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought launching that game from a channel could fix the problem. (like for wifi on emunand).
Lol, i think it was The manual that found it out, but it was mainly a solution for wiiware/vc games in emunand, if you played those games with a homebrew they could not use online options. I think it has never been tested with Tin Tin...

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Then, only the official "disc channel" is working. Davebaol did some tests and found that this channel (and game edited to use a cIOS) worked fine, so it's not a cIOS problem. there might be some launch variables that USBloader don't have yet.
No, I didn't edit the game at all. Just installed the cios in slot 56, which is the one used by the games when you launch it through the disc channel.

Lol, i think it was The manual that found it out, but it was mainly a solution for wiiware/vc games in emunand, if you played those games with a homebrew they could not use online options. I think it has never been tested with Tin Tin...
I believe it won't work. But if you try let me know the result.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i wasn't talking about "crap channels" i was talking about just playing the game from a loader.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, actually it was a question, as I know you use/used crap a lot.
If you try it, let us know the result.
thanks.
well i did make the channel before, an it will launch the game, that i do know..(used gx to launch.). it's just the issue with playing (freezing.). the channel looks are, the background of the desk (like on the main screen with the options for the game). with tin tin. beating like a heart.. an just out of curiosty last night after installing d2x v9.. the game got past tin tin waking up on the beach, then using snowy to find tin tin, but when i got to the part were the guy was talking about the ship.(flea market). it froze at that point.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, actually it was a question, as I know you use/used crap a lot.
If you try it, let us know the result.
thanks.
well i did make the channel before, an it will launch the game, that i do know..(used gx to launch.). it's just the issue with playing (freezing.). the channel looks are, the background of the desk (like on the main screen with the options for the game). with tin tin. beating like a heart.. an just out of curiosty last night after installing d2x v9.. the game got past tin tin waking up on the beach, then using snowy to find tin tin, but when i got to the part were the guy was talking about the ship.(flea market). it froze at that point.

That was pretty much my experience yesterday with d2x v7 and USB GX Loader. The first time I tried it, it froze after the plane sequence with tintin lying on the beach and the next time (it had autosaved so I was able to to skip the plane sequence) it froze after using snowy and finding tintin in the market.

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
at Cyan

what are the test results from the all new usbloader gx with banner player?

i'm very curious about it.

regards ,

GameShark

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at Cyan

what are the test results from the all new usbloader gx with banner player?

i'm very curious about it.

regards ,

GameShark
Cyan was overcome with awe and emotion after loading the test dol and has temporarily been rendered incapable of functioning like a normal human being, so he is undergoing psychotherapy.
I can't wait for this thing to be released either, but dare I jeopardize my own sanity?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:D can't wait, dealing with what i deal with daily, i have the right to go insane. gladly trade anyone for a day.(jk love the little ones) :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald