dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
And you completely reformatted the entire drive to WBFS, tried having it unplugged when the program starts then plugging it in when the new screen comes up, made sure that the LED on the drive was blinking to indicate it was being read, tried having at least one game on it when plugging it in, and made sure that your 249 is r17 and not 19? If it still doesn't work it's just not going to. I've had problems too but I was using an internal 3.5" IDE drive with a usb adapter and power cable and once I formatted to WBFS and updated GX it loaded fine and saw the games (just wouldn't run them all) so if you're 100% sure that it will work drop everything and start from scratch, rehack your wii reinstall the IOSes load up GX and make sure it's all done without your drive in the port. Then insert your drive.

Edit: also quick question. Is GX on your USB or on an SD card? If it's on USB make sure that the FAT32 partition is the first one and the WBFS is everything else. It's easier to have the USB completely WBFS and run GX from an SD card though.

123kiro456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbzfanatic said:
And you completely reformatted the entire drive to WBFS, tried having it unplugged when the program starts then plugging it in when the new screen comes up, made sure that the LED on the drive was blinking to indicate it was being read, tried having at least one game on it when plugging it in, and made sure that your 249 is r17 and not 19? If it still doesn't work it's just not going to. I've had problems too but I was using an internal 3.5" IDE drive with a usb adapter and power cable and once I formatted to WBFS and updated GX it loaded fine and saw the games (just wouldn't run them all) so if you're 100% sure that it will work drop everything and start from scratch, rehack your wii reinstall the IOSes load up GX and make sure it's all done without your drive in the port. Then insert your drive.

Edit: also quick question. Is GX on your USB or on an SD card? If it's on USB make sure that the FAT32 partition is the first one and the WBFS is everything else. It's easier to have the USB completely WBFS and run GX from an SD card though.

Oh i have an idea.Is it possible to ddouble partition a usb like it loads files and WBFS games if so please inform me...but there probrobly isnt
frown.gif
ill try to install cIOS 249 rev 17 again
biggrin.gif

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
You can partition a flash drive same as you can a regular drive but that cuts down on space and remember some games can be really close to the 4GB size and if you double partition it you'll have less space for games, might not be able to fit the one(s) you want.

Eckstahsee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using usb loader GX and I want i have NTSC wii. It plays backups of all my brothers games fine but he is headed overseas. If he buys some games over there an makes backups of them will they work with this loader and not harm or brick the wii?

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What gets me is it always shows no updates.. but if you go to the manual software dol for usb loader gx you will see it is quite far behind.. the latest dol I copied over when exiting game it goes back to the USB Loader GX. Updater doesn't work at all always shows no updates.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The update function was broken in older releases. Update manually and then enable beta updates in the settings then it will work fine for future updates.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
recently got a 1.5tb drive and formatted it to fat32, single partition. USBGX seems to act strange with it, im using hermes v4 and it seems that when i play a game, exit and go back, the next game crashes, this was an issue with an older waninkoko cios rev but like i say im using hermes. sometimes the pointer freezes as well, i believe im using gx 866, I tred to update thru gx and it said no new updates (i have beta revs off) Anyone have any insight as to why its doing this? Is the partition too big possibly? Thanks guys and thanks pune

ive been using rev 898 for my fat32 drive with hermes v4 on 223 and had some errors, updated to 938, 935, 930 and they all tell me that no partition found, select one, it shows the fat32 partition, and when i click it, i get a codedump. tried deleting my config file sa well, no luck. any ideas?
edit:tried rev 920 same as before, global settings are still set to load 223, and it sees the wbfs drive fine, but everytime i use the fat32 drive it code dumps

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use a 1gig USB to add images, text files, and more with the wii (basically using the function SD cards use for this as a usb)

Thanks,

JakePsycho

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATM usbgx only supports 1 usb port, so it wouldnt recognize either the 1gig or the HDD. Not that it could be implemented so easy but thats at least one reason why its not possible for now

Jazz926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I'm pretty much new to the whole Wii and soft modding thing, picked up the Wii for my younger brother's birthday, and have been trying to get it soft modded.

I was wondering if my USB flash drive is set up correctly for USB Loader GX.

To my understanding this loader is one of the few that supports FAT32 and NTFS file system is that correct? So that means I should be able to load up back up via a USB which is formatted as FAT32 is that correct?

My USB flash drive is formatted as FAT32 using Windows computer management Tool, and have created a folder in the root of the flash drive called wbfs and I have placed a game in that wbfs folder.

But no matter what I do, USB Loader GX see my flash drive as empty, can anyone help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up0HiH4yCYw