USB Loader GX

By cyrex, Apr 19, 2009 5,745,426 26,436 39

1. r-win

r-win GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Hermes v5 takes only ios 38 as base when installing 222. If you install 223 with an 37 base, and launch the game with it's selected ios as 223, it should work. You could also consider using ciosx 249 with ios 37 as base.

2. frenzee

frenzee Newbie
    Newcomer

3. Doctair

Doctair Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    not sure anyone else has seen this before.

I downgraded my ios 249/250 back to rev17 because the loading was hanging with rev19 and r929. (on a side note, for the devs, if I launched a game channel I made with CRAP using Gx as the loader, it loads no problem. THe Hang only happens if I load GX and load games from there)

After being in the Loader (r929) for a few minutes I get the "Disc Detected" dialog pop up asking me to install the game, except I have no Discs in the Wii..

not sure its something wrong with my IOS but I have tried reinstalling it and never had this problem with previous versions of Gx, strange

4. przemo_one

przemo_one Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have some problem launching disk with the v929 cio 249 ver14
    I press A and black screen
    Wath can i do??

5. Doctair

Doctair Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    try to update rev 17, it seems to be the most compatible right now.

6. jelmew

jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have 223 with a 37 base, the problem is that all games boot to a black screen if 223 of 224(base 57) is chosen, once again, this is not an ios problem. I've tested with Uloader and cfg-loader, these both work fine under this ios. . And on older revisions, the microphone didn't work under 222, but games did boot under 223 (and the microphone did work.)

7. r-win

r-win GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    That is indeed not a cIOS problem. I'll look into it in the upcoming week.

8. Tsumaru808

Tsumaru808 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How do you get into the app if you have no USB Device? All I want to do is launch from my DVD drive.

9. Doctair

Doctair Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    If you have no USB Device why are you using this app?

10. Tsumaru808

Tsumaru808 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Because I'm trying to run Monster Hunter with the Hermes CIOS fix, and it requires running backups on a certain IOS. I can't use NeoGamma, because it won't let me choose an IOS. This is all I can use, and it can run DVD's. I just can't get into the menu.

11. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    look on the SVN for the noHDD branch. there is an older version of GX that will start without a HDD (hence the name). But people were too dumb to figure it out, so it got removed from the main GX and put in a branch.

12. dadditude

dadditude Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does USB Loader GX have the ability to write to the Wii playstats (the ones shown in the Wii Message Board) like configurable usb loader does? If so, where is that option? The ability to do this is one of the few things keeping me from making the switch to GX.

13. jelmew

jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ok thanks, good to know that the problem is recognized and people are working on it.

14. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I love the loader (tried CFG but the kids missed the features of GX) but I have a few little issues and was wondering if there was any solutions

Using rev921 was on r874
    222 v4

I have now made the transfer to FAT32 due to getting game corruption on WBFS

1) Is there any way to manually rename the games as it no longer seems possible on FAT, you rename and it goes back to the same - not using Wiitdb.zip. (I wanted to group all the singing games together for the kids calling them Sing: Game Name etc)
    2) 2 x Fat32 partitions does not seem to work - switch partitions in the settings and it still sees the same partition. tried 1 x FAT and 1 x NTFS this worked but took upto 40 seconds to load the games when switching. Now have 1 x FAT and 1 x WBFS working correctly (just wanted to get rid of the WBFS)
    3) Initially starting it up after updating (remove the cfg files) had issues as it could not see my Fat hard drive, I had to insert a WBFS hard drive, change the load settings to ios222 (from 249 - default?)then swapped to the FAT drive - saw everything fine.

15. OneOfTheSame

OneOfTheSame Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm using r929.dol and every time I load up the USB LOADER GX it freezes, it doesn't freeze right away but only after I click on other options like settings or changing how to display the covers.

My Wii Mote just loses the signal and I can't never reconnect after that.

I can still load up my games but I have to do it quickly.

I also checked to see if I got any bad dumps of game covers and I don't have any.

16. PPSainity

PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Just upgraded to r929.dol using the built in update option. Now whenever I click on a title the Wii Disc light lites up and then the Wii freezes; it stops before the picture of the spinning disc can be displayed. I can access the settings and everything is the same as before the update when everything worked fine.

My Wii is currently at 4.2U
    -Waninikoko's cIOSx Rev19:
    CIOS249 with IOS57 Base

17. blizako

blizako Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    im new. i just did all the stuff to use usb loader gx. i download the latest usb loader gx and when i click on a back-up game like just dance. it freezes and the light keeps shining on my eye.

18. strapsoz

strapsoz Member
    Newcomer

If you are not using a fat32 partition you may need to roll back to rev 899 or maybe some other revision

19. strapsoz

strapsoz Member
    Newcomer

Sorry I misread the post. I thought that you were talking about installing games.
    What cios are you booting from?
    What partition type are you running?

20. PPSainity

PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loader,