• Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

sahm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
First I would like to thank everyone working on or contributing to making Homebrew software of any type. I am sure they could spend their time doing other things, rather they spend their time making software for free and help us use it, so many thanks. I am actually to old to play games but doing this for my kids.

My Question:

I bought new Wii 3.4E upgraded it to 4.2E.

Installed HBC, BootMii, HBB and all are fine.

Then followed a tutorial to installed ULGX v.929.

Installed the Trucha Bug using DOP-Mii v12 as instructed by the tutorial.

Tutorial asked to install cIOS38r17 Installed but I installed cIOS Xr19 latest version.

Connected my formated FAT32 WD 500GB drive to Wii.

Installed and started ULGX from HBC but it gave me error message "USB loader GX needs unstubbed cIOS 222 v4 or 249 v9".

Did some readings and finally was able to remove stubbed cIOS using DOP-Mii.

Started ULGX, it worked fine, but when I want to install a game to HDD it crashes.

Removed cIOS Xr19 and instead installed cIOS38r17.

Started ULGX again and it worked fine. I could mount a DVD game and play it. I could install a game. I could update CD image, Box image etc.

However, when I try to play the game from the HDD I get a black screen and then it goes back the HBC screen.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards
Sahm

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone.
I am having a little trouble with my usb loader gx.
everytime I try to download covers, updates or for that matter just try to connect to the internet (through usb loader gx) I get a code dump, and it freezes.
I am running the latest version R929. But, It was doing this in the last version I had installed, too.
It seem to start doing this right after I installed Wii Sports resort.

Anyways. Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
929 is a beta version and many people have had issues. I am using 921 (also Beta - but proving to be very stable) Downgrade to this.

I run the loader on 222v4 (have you installed this?)

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
929 is a beta version and many people have had issues. I am using 921 (also Beta - but proving to be very stable) Downgrade to this.

I run the loader on 222v4 (have you installed this?)
I did install Hermes Cios 224 v5 last night. Yes usb loader gx was not working before I installed this.

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got problems with music games like GH5 with the latest version of usbloader gx. It start just to black screen and the wiimotes is off. I use the latest hermes cios 223 with ios 37 as base. With rev 921 the games run fine.

Any ideas?

Edit: Going back to hermes v4 does not work at all.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember is anyone reported it yet, so I tell it now :

Sometime, GX detect a DVD and ask if it need to install it, but the DVD drive is empty !
If I choose "Yes", it leads to a white screen (the dump screen in fact, but without any windows, nor error, or cancel/return button).

I'm using and running GXr927 on IOS249 rev17. (up to 929 it's only languages update)

anyone else with that issue ?
I didn't test other older revision to see when it started.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
I don't remember is anyone reported it yet, so I tell it now :

Sometime, GX detect a DVD and ask if it need to install it, but the DVD drive is empty !
If I choose "Yes", it leads to a white screen (the dump screen in fact, but without any windows, nor error, or cancel/return button).

I'm using and running GXr927 on IOS249 rev17. (up to 929 it's only languages update)

anyone else with that issue ?
I didn't test other older revision to see when it started.

Cyan,

I reported this issue aswell. It was right after I asked you if you downgraded to rev17 to get 927+ to work.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149...t&p=2766248

I have since gone back to Rev19 and just set the settings to Quickboot for a temporary fix.. seems to work fine.

I have noted this before but no matter the cios rev 17 0r 19, I have no problems if I launch a game from a channel I created using CRAP. I assume it must use a argument to quickboot when it loads the USB gx .dol..

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
got problems with music games like GH5 with the latest version of usbloader gx. It start just to black screen and the wiimotes is off. I use the latest hermes cios 223 with ios 37 as base. With rev 921 the games run fine.

Any ideas?

There is no solution to make GUITAR HERO 5 work with USB LOADER GX r929 you shall wait or use r921.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
OlivierTheBest said:
QUOTE said:
got problems with music games like GH5 with the latest version of usbloader gx. It start just to black screen and the wiimotes is off. I use the latest hermes cios 223 with ios 37 as base. With rev 921 the games run fine.

Any ideas?

There is no solution to make GUITAR HERO 5 work with USB LOADER GX r929 you shall wait or use r921.
GUITAR HERO 5 works just fine with USB LOADER GX r929 useing Hermes rev4 222 37/38

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read Hermes released v5 of cIOS222/3/4 and that installing USB Loaders on cIOS222 has the best compatibillityinstalled on there is that 100% true?? lol Cause I installed mine on cIOS249 awhile back and was just wondering!! lol

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
I read Hermes released v5 of cIOS222/3/4 and that installing USB Loaders on cIOS222 has the best compatibillityinstalled on there is that 100% true?? lol Cause I installed mine on cIOS249 awhile back and was just wondering!! lol
First of all it shouldn't matter which cIOS you install on. The important thing is what base you use. Secondly you can't install Hermes on 249. You must be mistaken or have a typo.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
No.

You can use USBGX to load cIOS located on 249.
And to install a cIOS in 249, you must use Waninkoko's installer.
cIOS installed with Hermes can be in 202,222,223 and 224.

You can also load cIOS installed in those slots (from Hermes) with USBLoader GX
smile.gif

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello cobleman,

QUOTE said:
GUITAR HERO 5 works just fine with USB LOADER GX r929 useing Hermes rev4 222 37/38

Could you please clarify a little :

Which 249 CIOS version do you use ?

Do you run your games from a WBFS partition (and so start USB LOADER GX with IOS 249) ?
Or
Do you run your games from a FAT32 (or NTFS) partition (and so start USB LOADER GX with IOS 222 for example) ?

Please confirm also that GUITAR HERO 5 is located on a USB devices.

The only way I was able to make GUITAR HERO 5 run with USB LOADER GX was as follows :
GUITAR HERO 5 on WBFS partition
USB LOADER GX called with 249

CIOS 249 rev 17 (I'm waiting for rev 20 to be ready)
CIOS HERMES V4 on 222 (38 merged 37), CIOS HERMES V5 on 202 (for MPLAYER) and 223 (to manage music import on SD)
GUITAR HERO 5 called with 223 (again in order to manage music import on SD)

I don't remember I was able to use GUITAR HERO 5 on FAT32 with r929 and HERMES V5 or V4

Thanks

Olivier

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OlivierTheBest said:
CIOS HERMES V4 on 222 (38 merged 37), CIOS HERMES V5 on 202 (for MPLAYER) and 223 (to manage music import on SD)
GUITAR HERO 5 called with 223 (again in order to manage music import on SD)

I don't remember I was able to use GUITAR HERO 5 on FAT32 with r929 and HERMES V5 or V4

I thought Guitar hero 5 needs hermes IOS37 merged with IOS38, whether you're playing from FAT32, NTFS or WBFS. Any other CIOS will cause it to crash at startup. It's not a loader problem, the game needs IOS37.

I'm normally first to upgrade, but hermes v4 seems more stable than v5. I haven't bothered updating waninkoko's CIOS either, then I barely use that.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OlivierTheBest said:
Do you run your games from a WBFS partition (and so start USB LOADER GX with IOS 249) ?
Or
Do you run your games from a FAT32 (or NTFS) partition (and so start USB LOADER GX with IOS 222 for example) ?
Those conclusions are incorrect when running r922+. Since r922 it is possible to run FAT or NTFS with 249 and 222, 223, 224. It was always possible to use WBFS with all cIOS-es.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(OlivierTheBest @ Apr 28 2010, 01:22 PM)
Or
Those conclusions are incorrect when running r922+. Since r922 it is possible to run FAT or NTFS with 249 and 222, 223, 224. It was always possible to use WBFS with all cIOS-es.

I agree that but the only way which let me played with GUITAR HERO 5 was :
- when the game was on a WBFS partition
- I used 249 to launch USB LOADER GX r921
- I used 223 (HERMES V5) to launch GUITAR HERO 5
- HERMES V4 was installed on 222 (38 merged 37)

With this way I was also able to download GUITARE HERO 5 imported music directly to SD card

I agree that it was a little bit strange but I have tested a lot of configuration several times.

Now I cannot run GUITARE HERO 5 anymore as :
- I have no more a WBFS partition (replaced by a FAT32)
- I have installed r929 and HERMES V5

Regards

Olivier

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trigger_ftu said:
Fuzzy Yogurt said:
I updated to 929. Everything appears to load up fine but when I click on a game, nothing happens. I can't really do anything. I push the button to go into settings and nothing happens.

The hell?

i'm currently haveing the same issue i've tried going down to 921 like segested and still have the same issues i've deleted all the config files for it and let it rebuild and update and still haveing the problem. i asked about the issue on the chat they have and noone had an answer. meh i'm goin to start useing cfg usbloader.

would be nice if 921 worked.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
just to let you know, I think the RAM patches introduced in last revisions (to re-enter USB Loader GX from the game home menu I believe) seems very unstable and make a lot of game crashing randomly (even when not entering the HOME menu, got few issues with MH3, game frozen while changing options, etc). I tested same situation and does not crash on other loader (Hermes loader as reference) with same cIOS so it's not an IOS issue.

I'd suggest to make these patches at least optionable, you never know what the exact code is doing (it can be dynamic code which is changing when entering menus, self-modifying code, etc) and "guessing" from byte patterns is risky from my experience.

Franki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I am preparing to install USB Loader GX on my softmodded Wii (was virgin 4.2K, now with HBC, BootMii and Priiloader installed) and would like some help to understand this.

The USBLGX ReadMii states that as a prerequisite the cIOS 38r17 should be installed. My understanding from the readme file that comes with the referred installer is that this actually modifies IOS38 v3867 and installs it to IOS 249 (which I can confirm is empty on my Wii). According to the ReadMii, the cIOS installer will ask what IOS to use and I should select IOS36.

Why IOS36?
wacko.gif

Sorry if it's a daft question, but would like to understand (or think I understand) what I'm doing.

Don't worry, the penny has dropped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY