• Likes 48

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
And to finish : Neogamma works because alt-dol+ exists, not GX.
Alt-Dol+ = load alternate dol from inside the ISO/WBFS... not from SD.

USB LOADER GX is able to use alt dol method directly from WBFS partition or .wbfs file, I tested it on red steel 2 for example.

Olivier

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
OlivierTheBest said:
QUOTE said:
And to finish : Neogamma works because alt-dol+ exists, not GX.
Alt-Dol+ = load alternate dol from inside the ISO/WBFS... not from SD.

USB LOADER GX is able to use alt dol method directly from WBFS partition or .wbfs file, I tested it on red steel 2 for example.

Olivier

Alt-dol and Alt-dol+ are two different methods, check out NeoGamma for more info about it, i believe CFG has Alt-dol+ support also

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, alt dol disc plus adds a parameter setting to the alt dol disc procedure. This is only known to work with the Sam and Max games right now. It also makes using the alt dol method for other games (MPT, Mortal Kombat:Armageddon, MotionPlus games, etc.) a little more intuitive as it gives real names to the selections.

I don't know if GX supports it, but Neogamma and Cfg definitely do. Alt dol disc plus is also referred to as the .wdm file method (the .wdm file is the text file which lists the names of the .dols and parameters to use).

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Dr. Clipper said:
Yes, alt dol disc plus adds a parameter setting to the alt dol disc procedure. This is only known to work with the Sam and Max games right now. It also makes using the alt dol method for other games (MPT, Mortal Kombat:Armageddon, MotionPlus games, etc.) a little more intuitive as it gives real names to the selections.

I don't know if GX supports it, but Neogamma and Cfg definitely do. Alt dol disc plus is also referred to as the .wdm file method (the .wdm file is the text file which lists the names of the .dols and parameters to use).
Oh well until GX supports it I will just use Cfg for the Sam and Max games (via episode selection on the alt-dol dropdown) - I hear the alternative of disc loading is poor due to lagging during video loading.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DvdBos said:
929 keeps crashing.
going back to 874 (is this the last stable version working with all new cios?)

921 is regarded as the stable version (I'm still on 919).
You'll need to use hermes v4 if you want to use NTFS/FAT, hermes v5 & ciosx wasn't supported at the time.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I have a Wii with 3.4U and IOS36 v12.18. Ive been using Usbloader GX r815 for some time now and everything was working great till I changed to r929 (latest one). I made a new folder for r929 and kept r815 too on the apps folder. But since r929 only has the boot.dol then I replaced 825 with 929 boot.dol in order to have a picture and the meta file for it. But after using 929 for like a week PAL games started to show on black and white and inmediately shut down my wii (green light stayed on thou).

Also if I loaded an NTSC game it worked fine but after getting to the HBC and trying to load 929 again it never loads up. I used the same config folder for 929 and for 815. I also noticed that if I clicked on a game to launch and then press B to choose another game the loader says I have a new disc inserted and if I wanted to install it :S (no there was no disc in Wii). So I went back to 815 and now everything is ok.

So is 929 unstable or was it something wrong I did? Thanks in advance!

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think we should revert 929 back to 921, and start over with the most recent additions. That way, we can make it more stable. We don't know where exactly the instability comes from. Of course, adding support for different cios-es was a major change, so we have to look there first.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
revert then. it was your changes that broke stuff. i say you should be the one to have to revert. its the only way youll learn your lesson.
tongue.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
giantpune said:
revert then. it was your changes that broke stuff. i say you should be the one to have to revert. its the only way youll learn your lesson.
tongue.gif
Pfff, mister bigmouth. I implemented that change in some other loaders, without problems. I think it's your poor design that messed everything up...let's discuss this on chat later on
biggrin.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
giantpune said:
tongue.gif
Pfff, mister bigmouth. I implemented that change in some other loaders, without problems. I think it's your poor design that messed everything up...let's discuss this on chat later on
biggrin.gif

But it would make my time at work fly faster if you discuss it on the boards
smile.gif

jk, or am I?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I appreciate all the work that has been done. To me I don't care who or what broke it as really this project has been beta all a long and I understand the risk we take. But if the problem can be tracked and fixxed this would be great. I am still running with r899 and NTFS, but nothing above r899 works for me with ntfs.

Anyhow, if one or both of you can put your heads together and get GX loader fixxed and going it would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: