r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jelmew said:
r-win said:
jelmew said:
Oh, and an sidenote. When loading music games with ios222, the microphone does work to my astonishment, never worked before with this ios.
Well, that makes sense. You'll need an ios 37 base for that...

It doesn't have an 37 base. Hermes ciosv5 takes only ios 38 as base. I have V5 and it didn't work before, so I'm baffled.
Hermes v5 takes only ios 38 as base when installing 222. If you install 223 with an 37 base, and launch the game with it's selected ios as 223, it should work. You could also consider using ciosx 249 with ios 37 as base.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not sure anyone else has seen this before.

I downgraded my ios 249/250 back to rev17 because the loading was hanging with rev19 and r929. (on a side note, for the devs, if I launched a game channel I made with CRAP using Gx as the loader, it loads no problem. THe Hang only happens if I load GX and load games from there)

After being in the Loader (r929) for a few minutes I get the "Disc Detected" dialog pop up asking me to install the game, except I have no Discs in the Wii..

not sure its something wrong with my IOS but I have tried reinstalling it and never had this problem with previous versions of Gx, strange

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
przemo_one said:
I have some problem launching disk with the v929 cio 249 ver14
I press A and black screen
Wath can i do??
try to update rev 17, it seems to be the most compatible right now.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r-win said:
jelmew said:
r-win said:
jelmew said:
Oh, and an sidenote. When loading music games with ios222, the microphone does work to my astonishment, never worked before with this ios.
Well, that makes sense. You'll need an ios 37 base for that...

It doesn't have an 37 base. Hermes ciosv5 takes only ios 38 as base. I have V5 and it didn't work before, so I'm baffled.
Hermes v5 takes only ios 38 as base when installing 222. If you install 223 with an 37 base, and launch the game with it's selected ios as 223, it should work. You could also consider using ciosx 249 with ios 37 as base.

I have 223 with a 37 base, the problem is that all games boot to a black screen if 223 of 224(base 57) is chosen, once again, this is not an ios problem. I've tested with Uloader and cfg-loader, these both work fine under this ios. . And on older revisions, the microphone didn't work under 222, but games did boot under 223 (and the microphone did work.)

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jelmew said:
I have 223 with a 37 base, the problem is that all games boot to a black screen if 223 of 224(base 57) is chosen, once again, this is not an ios problem.
That is indeed not a cIOS problem. I'll look into it in the upcoming week.

Tsumaru808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doctair said:
Tsumaru808 said:
How do you get into the app if you have no USB Device? All I want to do is launch from my DVD drive.

If you have no USB Device why are you using this app?

Because I'm trying to run Monster Hunter with the Hermes CIOS fix, and it requires running backups on a certain IOS. I can't use NeoGamma, because it won't let me choose an IOS. This is all I can use, and it can run DVD's. I just can't get into the menu.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look on the SVN for the noHDD branch. there is an older version of GX that will start without a HDD (hence the name). But people were too dumb to figure it out, so it got removed from the main GX and put in a branch.

dadditude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does USB Loader GX have the ability to write to the Wii playstats (the ones shown in the Wii Message Board) like configurable usb loader does? If so, where is that option? The ability to do this is one of the few things keeping me from making the switch to GX.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r-win said:
jelmew said:
I have 223 with a 37 base, the problem is that all games boot to a black screen if 223 of 224(base 57) is chosen, once again, this is not an ios problem.
That is indeed not a cIOS problem. I'll look into it in the upcoming week.

Ok thanks, good to know that the problem is recognized and people are working on it.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love the loader (tried CFG but the kids missed the features of GX) but I have a few little issues and was wondering if there was any solutions

Using rev921 was on r874
222 v4

I have now made the transfer to FAT32 due to getting game corruption on WBFS

1) Is there any way to manually rename the games as it no longer seems possible on FAT, you rename and it goes back to the same - not using Wiitdb.zip. (I wanted to group all the singing games together for the kids calling them Sing: Game Name etc)
2) 2 x Fat32 partitions does not seem to work - switch partitions in the settings and it still sees the same partition. tried 1 x FAT and 1 x NTFS this worked but took upto 40 seconds to load the games when switching. Now have 1 x FAT and 1 x WBFS working correctly (just wanted to get rid of the WBFS)
3) Initially starting it up after updating (remove the cfg files) had issues as it could not see my Fat hard drive, I had to insert a WBFS hard drive, change the load settings to ios222 (from 249 - default?)then swapped to the FAT drive - saw everything fine.

OneOfTheSame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using r929.dol and every time I load up the USB LOADER GX it freezes, it doesn't freeze right away but only after I click on other options like settings or changing how to display the covers.

My Wii Mote just loses the signal and I can't never reconnect after that.

I can still load up my games but I have to do it quickly.

I also checked to see if I got any bad dumps of game covers and I don't have any.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OneOfTheSame said:
I'm using r929.dol and every time I load up the USB LOADER GX it freezes, it doesn't freeze right away but only after I click on other options like settings or changing how to display the covers.

I also checked to see if I got any bad dumps of game covers and I don't have any.
Just upgraded to r929.dol using the built in update option. Now whenever I click on a title the Wii Disc light lites up and then the Wii freezes; it stops before the picture of the spinning disc can be displayed. I can access the settings and everything is the same as before the update when everything worked fine.

My Wii is currently at 4.2U
-Waninikoko's cIOSx Rev19:
CIOS249 with IOS57 Base

blizako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im new. i just did all the stuff to use usb loader gx. i download the latest usb loader gx and when i click on a back-up game like just dance. it freezes and the light keeps shining on my eye.

strapsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blizako said:
im new. i just did all the stuff to use usb loader gx. i download the latest usb loader gx and when i click on a back-up game like just dance. it freezes and the light keeps shining on my eye.
If you are not using a fat32 partition you may need to roll back to rev 899 or maybe some other revision

strapsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
strapsoz said:
blizako said:
If you are not using a fat32 partition you may need to roll back to rev 899 or maybe some other revision

Sorry I misread the post. I thought that you were talking about installing games.
What cios are you booting from?
What partition type are you running?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
OneOfTheSame said:

Just upgraded to r929.dol using the built in update option. Now whenever I click on a title the Wii Disc light lites up and then the Wii freezes; it stops before the picture of the spinning disc can be displayed. I can access the settings and everything is the same as before the update when everything worked fine.

My Wii is currently at 4.2U
-Waninikoko's cIOSx Rev19:
CIOS249 with IOS57 Base

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol