AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat Cow said:
pepxl said:
the txt files must be named the same as the 6 digit game id and placed it the location pointing to txtcodes in the custom path settings in the loader, the reason GX is allow cheats to be enable but not edited is cause you have the .gct file in the /codes folder but not the .txt in the /txtcodes.

e.g.

sd:/txtcodes/RCJE8P.txt - The Conduit

NOT

sd:/txtcodes/The Conduit.txt

that's what I did and it just says cannot find codes, what version is it confimred to working? I'm using rev 581.
Here's how I got mine working.

Open the text file on a computer with EditPad Lite. Go to convert -> to Linux. Then go to Convert -> Text Encoding. Make sure Windows 1252: Western European is selected. If it isn't, choose the second radio (Encode original with new), choose Western European, and save.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
Teh H4rRy said:
I am getting sick of this. Might go to another loader in a second,
cry.gif
No don't go. When I read this i curled up in a nude ball in the flood and cried. My grandmother found me passed out with empty peanut butter jars around me. Apparently I had tried to console myself with comfort food and blacked out from a combination of exhaustion and food induced coma.
But I realize that the world needs you for bigger and better things and I won't try to stop you. Go do what you need to do. And just remember that we here miss you. You have been such a huge part of this project. You will surely bee missed. Maybe somebody else will step up and take your place.

rofl2.gif

Does he get a refund?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
AetherMaster said:
Fat Cow said:
pepxl said:
the txt files must be named the same as the 6 digit game id and placed it the location pointing to txtcodes in the custom path settings in the loader, the reason GX is allow cheats to be enable but not edited is cause you have the .gct file in the /codes folder but not the .txt in the /txtcodes.

e.g.

sd:/txtcodes/RCJE8P.txt - The Conduit

NOT

sd:/txtcodes/The Conduit.txt

that's what I did and it just says cannot find codes, what version is it confimred to working? I'm using rev 581.
Here's how I got mine working.

Open the text file on a computer with EditPad Lite. Go to convert -> to Linux. Then go to Convert -> Text Encoding. Make sure Windows 1252: Western European is selected. If it isn't, choose the second radio (Encode original with new), choose Western European, and save.

no need for any conversion just go to

http://www.usbgecko.com/codes

select your game + region then simply right click on the "Download" link at the top and "Save As/Save Link As" then copy the .txt file into the txtcodes folder or whenever assigned to in the custom paths

2a6s87o.png

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
BenJeremy said:
Since this is at over 500 pages of comments, and one post can quickly get buried by tons of questions surrounding forwarders and USB partitiions (ugh, that should be a simple issue to deal with), I'll restate...

What, exactly, is the ideal way to install Hermes' cIOS and Waninkoko's cIOS modules?!??

I've tried a number of combinations to try and get The Conduit working, with no lock (Hermes 222 and revs 10, 12, 13b 249, 002 fix on, off, anti) - always resulting in code dumps.

So what the heck?

Most of the other games seem to be working, including Ghostbusters.

With USB Loaders, the issues over combinations of cIOS modules and 002 fixes seem to be very complex, and it would be nice if there was a simple FAQ regarding this.

Fired this game "The Conduit" up last night actually.
3.3E
249rev10 - I Do NOT have 222 installed at all.
forwarder 581

just plain default system and game settings.

Played it for about 30 minutes.... no issues at all.

Running 4.0U here, BootMii on Boot2, latest USBLoaderGX. I haven't tried Waninkoko's loaders, though, but might try them.

Never had anything but code dumps running The Conduit.

Had similar issues with Ghostbusters, but that cleared up with a newer version of the loader and setting 002 Fix to Anti.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenJeremy said:
bosman said:
BenJeremy said:
Since this is at over 500 pages of comments, and one post can quickly get buried by tons of questions surrounding forwarders and USB partitiions (ugh, that should be a simple issue to deal with), I'll restate...

What, exactly, is the ideal way to install Hermes' cIOS and Waninkoko's cIOS modules?!??

I've tried a number of combinations to try and get The Conduit working, with no lock (Hermes 222 and revs 10, 12, 13b 249, 002 fix on, off, anti) - always resulting in code dumps.

So what the heck?

Most of the other games seem to be working, including Ghostbusters.

With USB Loaders, the issues over combinations of cIOS modules and 002 fixes seem to be very complex, and it would be nice if there was a simple FAQ regarding this.

Fired this game "The Conduit" up last night actually.
3.3E
249rev10 - I Do NOT have 222 installed at all.
forwarder 581

just plain default system and game settings.

Played it for about 30 minutes.... no issues at all.

Running 4.0U here, BootMii on Boot2, latest USBLoaderGX. I haven't tried Waninkoko's loaders, though, but might try them.

Never had anything but code dumps running The Conduit.

Had similar issues with Ghostbusters, but that cleared up with a newer version of the loader and setting 002 Fix to Anti.

4.0U, NTSC Wii and NTSC The Conduit, running rev584 and cIOSrev12, Game runs fine with just the standard settings and has done since I 1st tried it. Actually I have yet to come across a game that does not work.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can concur with the statements that The Conduit works just fine. I have the game default to run with the Anti 002 fix. Globally I'm running 222 v2 (the one from the GX website) but I've also run it with 249 rev 12.

Not typically a problematic game I don't think.

Maybe a bad rip or transfer to your HDD?

invitroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, this must be nearly a month since I went on vacation, I return and I really did not want to read the last 40 pages. Are you aware about the functioning of Rock Band. Custom Ios What should I use to plug my guitar with a usb usb hd?
grog.gif

Thank you
gba.gif

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone had issues with the cursor disappearing after installing a game or messing with any settings? Hasnt happened before until the latest 2-3 updates.

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello

I have black screen with mario tennis and mario olympic game since 10 rev ( now i have the last one but always the black screen)

What can i do please

thk

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Teh H4rRy said:
Hooya said:
Teh H4rRy said:
PLEASE HELP, I am getting sick of this. Might go to another loader in a second, I am on IOS249 (Rev 12) which is weird when i used the installer off the USBloaderGX website for IOS38, on rev 575 as the latest version i get code dumps after fucking code dumps, Games wont load, covers disapear, menus arent loading

I updated, latest version, games are hanging at black screen, anyone got a cIOS downgrade?

Delete your config file: SD:/config/GXGlobal.cfg

Nope no luck, still code dumps when loading a game, saving a setting, exiting a disk menu, going into the fancy coverflow UI, reloading the SD, pretty much using the loader it code dumps

try reformatting your sd card.
I've experienced a few times that the sd filesystem gets corrupted which caused the coredumps..

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-pb- said:
Teh H4rRy said:
Hooya said:
Teh H4rRy said:
PLEASE HELP, I am getting sick of this. Might go to another loader in a second, I am on IOS249 (Rev 12) which is weird when i used the installer off the USBloaderGX website for IOS38, on rev 575 as the latest version i get code dumps after fucking code dumps, Games wont load, covers disapear, menus arent loading

I updated, latest version, games are hanging at black screen, anyone got a cIOS downgrade?

Nope no luck, still code dumps when loading a game, saving a setting, exiting a disk menu, going into the fancy coverflow UI, reloading the SD, pretty much using the loader it code dumps

I've experienced a few times that the sd filesystem gets corrupted which caused the coredumps..

ive actually had a few codedumps when i was using a crappy 128mb sd card, so i switched over to a sandisk 512mb and formatted using panasonic SD formatter 2.0. so far no more code dumps except that current issue of my cursor disappearing.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hooya said:
jjplayground said:
slingshot27 said:
Hooya said:
The Homebrew Channel will load whatever's on the SD card first. If that's "nothing" - as in, nothing is loaded on the SD card - you will get an EMPTY homebrew channel list. If you do not have an SD card in the Wii and load the homebrew channel, it will look for apps on a USB device. Again, if that's "nothin" you will have an empty list, but if you have stuff in the /apps/ folder properly you'll get a list of apps to run from the USB hard drive.

Now, some homebrew does not run off of a USB hard drive. The Homebrew Browser is a prime example of this, so any homebrew needs to be manually installed on the USB drive (at least, it was that way for me). USB Loader GX will load off of the USB drive just fine though.

The Official Forwarder for USB Loader GX will look for the application in the SD card first, and if it doesn't find the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder (or whatever) it will search for it on the USB drive. This means that you can have an SD card inserted but the forwarder will still load it from the USB drive if you don't have it installed on the SD card. In my situation I have all of my homebrew on the SD card, but I have the USB Loader GX installed on the USB drive. So the Homebrew Channel doesn't see USB Loader GX, but all of the rest of my homebrew works, and the forwarder loads it off of the USB drive regardless if there's an SD card inserted.

Make sense?

Thanx for your explanation...
Oke this is really wierd. I have copied my entire apps dir on the sd card to my USB drive. When I run HBC nothing is listed.
But USBLoader GX through the forwarder is running just fine... with images, cheats and so on...

Do I need to tell HBC I have a USB drive? Do I need another version?

Thanks in advance !

No one a clue?

I answered here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149...t&p=2109072

Thanx for your answer but I think I am blind, I can not find the answer there
frown.gif

I do not have a SD card installed so the list is empty in homebrew and keeps empty. Why does it not read the /apps/ folder on the USB HDD while USBLoader GX is running form USB HDD when I use the forwared. Al the images, USBLOader, cheat are on the USB fat32 (second partiton) and working.

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
lithium210 said:
has anyone had issues with the cursor disappearing after installing a game or messing with any settings? Hasnt happened before until the latest 2-3 updates.

ditto, however had this for a while,

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If somebody can find a way to reproduce the cursor issues please let me know. (This doesn't mean everybody say, "Ooooo! that happened to me a lot!"). I only care if you can make it happen when you want it to. I've seen it but i can't make it happen on command so it's hard to see what causes it.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-pb- said:
Teh H4rRy said:
Hooya said:
Teh H4rRy said:

It's the best to use this tool http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html to format SD cards, my navigation system often crashed with a vista-formatted card, but with this tool no crashes at all, can't be bad for the Wii.

heggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hooya said:
Remove everything related to USB Loader GX from your SD card. It's looking there for a config file first, and something is not right in the paths for your config file that's stored on the USB drive.

Make sure you're using a forwarder and not a channel, and use the latest version for everything.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to follow weiff's advice and let the USB loader create a new default config file, then edit it on your PC to put the right paths in.

We understand your problem, there's just something you or we are overlooking or missing.

Hi Hooya, I experience the same problem. Have tried reinstalling the forwarder, replace the config file with edited path, BUT it makes no difference, since the dol will NOT look at the actual config file!! Note that I do not even have an SD card inserted!! So it seems like the forwarder lets the newer dols (not with 468 but atleast 481 upwards) behave differently, and the dols look in memory instead of the actual file. The memory settings then contain only the SD path settings!?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
giantpune,

there is an issue with the graphics when they are not shown in a list view (i'm talking about the second one from the right.. whats that called?)
the issue only happens with usb hdd only has a few games.. (mine had only 3), it shows extra covers (such as guitar hero.. which I dont have on my hdd) .. and when the cursor hovers over it, it shows weird signs such as &%*@$ and stuff like that..

however when i installed more games, this issue disappeared, so I guess its only a problem with few games only.

another issue is that USB loader GX freezes when I try to format..

hope u see this
smile.gif

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
heggie said:
Hooya said:
Remove everything related to USB Loader GX from your SD card. It's looking there for a config file first, and something is not right in the paths for your config file that's stored on the USB drive.

Make sure you're using a forwarder and not a channel, and use the latest version for everything.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to follow weiff's advice and let the USB loader create a new default config file, then edit it on your PC to put the right paths in.

We understand your problem, there's just something you or we are overlooking or missing.

Hi Hooya, I experience the same problem. Have tried reinstalling the forwarder, replace the config file with edited path, BUT it makes no difference, since the dol will NOT look at the actual config file!! Note that I do not even have an SD card inserted!! So it seems like the forwarder lets the newer dols (not with 468 but atleast 481 upwards) behave differently, and the dols look in memory instead of the actual file. The memory settings then contain only the SD path settings!?
cheers 4 the suggesteioms hooya and for heggie for confirming the fault.

same here, deffo usaing th 4warder, config files have been deleted, no SD card inserted, firmware 4, latest GX [manually copied to USB partition as can update when using the forwarded as the customer path for updates says SD/... LOL

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
If somebody can find a way to reproduce the cursor issues please let me know. (This doesn't mean everybody say, "Ooooo! that happened to me a lot!"). I only care if you can make it happen when you want it to. I've seen it but i can't make it happen on command so it's hard to see what causes it.

GP, i find this random mate. however, i will report back next time this occurs

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
NeoRame said:
ok updated the easy installer:

-channel downlaod (forwarder) are now fixed no more broken download..
-wiitdb download re-added
-some code cleanups
NEo, where can i get this bud?

cheers got it now, didnt check the google site

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol