Hacking USB loader GX sends me back to Wii menu or Homebrew after trying to load a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
first off all... what a great forum! Please be nice to me, as this all is pretty new to me. I do have an IT background though, but fooling around with my old Wii is completely new.

The issue i have is the following. I've installed the homebrew chanel using the DNS / EULA option, as described over here at the forum somewhere (can't post links yet as a new member) "a-channel-less-sd-less-entry-point-str2hax.523210"

This all went alright the first time... even tried it again just to be sure it all went fine. Again it all looks ok.

I've loaded the cIOs using this approach mentioned at Google sites, described at the backup-launchers instsallation "/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation"

Installed v10 beta on 249 and 250
(also tried v8 on 249)

Added USB Loader GX, and tried a USB flash drive formatted as wbfs, USB Loader GX detects the games, and when selecting the game it opens the screen where you can start the game or change the settings... when trying to start the game I do get a black screen and after lets say 5-10 sec i do return to the Homebrew Channel of the Wii Menu (depending if i started USB Loader GX from the Homebrew Channel or from its own channel).

Next i tried a USB samsung S2 disk with Mac partition and a FAT32 partition. Added games to the Fat32 partition, in the folder wbfs using WitGui. The structure is /wbfs/gamename [gameid]/gameid.wbfs

In USB Loader GX I changed the disk settings so it reads the Fat32 partition. It directly detected the games. But again the same result. After starting the game... approx 5-10 sec a black screen and then it returns me back to the HBC or Wii Menu.

To check if my game files are okay, i installed Wii Party using the (+) in USB Loader GX. The copying went all good... but again when trying to start Wii Party from USB L:oader GX, the same results.

Any idea...? Tips? How can I provide you all with a list of specs / settings?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello,
first off all... what a great forum! Please be nice to me, as this all is pretty new to me. I do have an IT background though, but fooling around with my old Wii is completely new.

The issue i have is the following. I've installed the homebrew chanel using the DNS / EULA option, as described over here at the forum somewhere (can't post links yet as a new member) "a-channel-less-sd-less-entry-point-str2hax.523210"

This all went alright the first time... even tried it again just to be sure it all went fine. Again it all looks ok.

I've loaded the cIOs using this approach mentioned at Google sites, described at the backup-launchers instsallation "/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation"

Installed v10 beta on 249 and 250
(also tried v8 on 249)

Added USB Loader GX, and tried a USB flash drive formatted as wbfs, USB Loader GX detects the games, and when selecting the game it opens the screen where you can start the game or change the settings... when trying to start the game I do get a black screen and after lets say 5-10 sec i do return to the Homebrew Channel of the Wii Menu (depending if i started USB Loader GX from the Homebrew Channel or from its own channel).

Next i tried a USB samsung S2 disk with Mac partition and a FAT32 partition. Added games to the Fat32 partition, in the folder wbfs using WitGui. The structure is /wbfs/gamename [gameid]/gameid.wbfs

In USB Loader GX I changed the disk settings so it reads the Fat32 partition. It directly detected the games. But again the same result. After starting the game... approx 5-10 sec a black screen and then it returns me back to the HBC or Wii Menu.

To check if my game files are okay, i installed Wii Party using the (+) in USB Loader GX. The copying went all good... but again when trying to start Wii Party from USB L:oader GX, the same results.

Any idea...? Tips? How can I provide you all with a list of specs / settings?

Hello.:)

Thank you for your kind Introduction and your Explanations on your Issue.

Did you have plugged your USB Disk/HDD in the Wii´s correct Port 0 ?

index.jpg

Thank you.:)

HaV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thank you for your kind Introduction and your Explanations on your Issue.

Did you have plugged your USB Disk/HDD in the Wii´s correct Port 0 ?

View attachment 200630

Hi Alexander,
I found out the solution to my issue... it was the Samsung S2 USB disk. I found some remarks on this forum that the best solution would be an USB drive with external power. So after searching the attic for a while i found my disk-copy station. Screwed open an old laptop I don't use anymore and formatted the disk in the disk-copy-station. This just a simple USB device with external power, which can hold two hard disks. Normally used used to duplicate disks, but if you don't press the copy button, it works just like an external USB disk.

Copied the wbsf files, and after some chancing the disk settings in USB Loader GX it recognised all games again. I've opened up a few and those worked!!!

Next question
The last game I tried gave me a green screen and the whole unit froze (restarted normally after turning off and on the power supply).
Could this be related to PAL vs. NTSC? Does USB Loader GX offer settings on per game configuration what video signal to use, or is it a Wii global setting?

Or maybe the game simply won't work... could also ben an option ofc.

HaV

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Next question
The last game I tried gave me a green screen and the whole unit froze (restarted normally after turning off and on the power supply).
Could this be related to PAL vs. NTSC? Does USB Loader GX offer settings on per game configuration what video signal to use, or is it a Wii global setting?
HaV

I am very glad to hear,it works now.:)

Can you please tell us which Game caused the Issue ?
Is it the only Game and does it happen with this Game
Did it happen with other Games too ?

Yes,when you select a Game you have the Options between "Settings" or "Start".
Settings gives you every single Option for THIS selected Game.:)

Reactions: jeannotte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la