Hacking USB Loader GX Help Wii U

yoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my Gamecube isos are on my flash drive and appear and work perfectly fine on Nintendont but they don't appear on usb loader gx. I originally tested usb loader gx with an sd card and my test game showed up then, but when I try it with my usb it wont show up. I tried messing around with the path settings but I don't see any options that let me change it to search my usb rather than my sd. Any thoughts?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can change the directories it checks to whatever you want. It will have one set for SD and a main one that should be set to the HDD. Just check those in the custom paths (or whatever the option is called) and then make sure it's being used in the loader settings for Nintendont.

yoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm still a bit confused. I check the custom paths but there is only one set for sd. I cant edit them to usb at all and I cant find one dedicated to usbs.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm still a bit confused. I check the custom paths but there is only one set for sd. I cant edit them to usb at all and I cant find one dedicated to usbs.
There's a separate one with "Main" in it, can't remember the exact name. That's the one you need to set to your USB drive, then under the loader settings for Nintendont, set it to Main instead of SD.

EDIT: I decided to go boot up my Wii to give you more detailed instruction. Under "Global Settings" go to "Custom Paths". There you want to find the path labeled "Main GameCube Path" and set it to "usb1:/games/". Then you want to go back to "Global Settings" and go to "Loader Settings". There you will find an option called "GameCube Source". Make sure "Main Path" is included in the "GameCube Source" option. If it still doesn't work, depending on your setup, you might have to go back to "Global Settings" and go to "Hard Drive Settings" and turn "Multiple Partitions" on. If that still doesn't work, tell me what your HDD setup is.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, make sure "GC Games" are selected on the main page under "Select Loader Mode".

Last edited by TecXero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)