Hacking USB Loader GX error

rayabusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Whats up guys, recently a strange error is happening to me randomly. When i load a GameCube game on USBloader GX via Nintendont, sometimes i get the error message "CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() = failed ... and the folder of the game below", but when i try to load the game again it works, this wasnt happening before, i didnt changed any config, ive been using the latest USB Loader GX, 3.0 r1268, for a long time with no problems, the only change i made recently was updating Nintendont to the latest version, 5.485. Any ideas on how to fix this?

My Wii region is U, and all my isos are NTSCU.

Last edited by rayabusa,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose that message happens inside Nintendont ? USBGX doesn't have function error reporting to the end user. why do you think it's USB Loader GX error ?
like you said, if the problem is only since you updated nintendont, it's probably an issue on it.

Do you have the problem when launching nintendont from HBC?
it could be a problem from the loader if it was not passing the game file path correctly to nintendont, but I suppose it would always happen, not randomly like you are experiencing.
maybe the SD or USB is not initialized correctly (or shutdown properly by USBGX first) and the game is not found.

rayabusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I suppose that message happens inside Nintendont ? USBGX doesn't have function error reporting to the end user. why do you think it's USB Loader GX error ?
like you said, if the problem is only since you updated nintendont, it's probably an issue on it.

Do you have the problem when launching nintendont from HBC?
it could be a problem from the loader if it was not passing the game file path correctly to nintendont, but I suppose it would always happen, not randomly like you are experiencing.
maybe the SD or USB is not initialized correctly (or shutdown properly by USBGX first) and the game is not found.

Whats up Cyan, thanks for the answer. I was testing things here and this is what happens:

So, when I load it directly with HBC,it print "Warning: USB FAT device could not be opened." and when loading throught USBLoaderGX "CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() failed."

And this is happening randomly, sometimes it works, sometimes i get the errors, like i said this wasn't happenning before, i think it may be my HDD, i checked it for errors but didnt find anyone. Any suggestions?

Last edited by rayabusa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc