Hacking USB Loader GX and second partition problem

Chaobreaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reformatted my HDD so that the WBFS partition is smaller and comes after the NTFS partition. After setting USB loader GX to read from the second partition I updated the .dol to the latest revision. I tried to get a couple of games to load but they don't show the safety warning. On another note Monster Hunter Tri previously didn't work regardless after I installed the latest CIOS (screen goes black and a buzzing noise appears when I select start game at the title screen.)

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No idea. But why doing difficult with 2 partitions? I use Fat32 and everything works fine.
About MHT thats probably because you used the wrong ios base.
I use ciosx rev20 with ios 57 as base.
Most people recommend cios rev 17, you can try that one too. But for me rev 20 is working fine, no crashes etc
wink.gif

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should try a different loader, and confirm you have functional cIOS. Generally, if a loader sees the games (i.e.. shows them in a catalog) but doesn't load them, its a cIOS issue, wrong region settings, or a bad dump of the game.

You could grab wit+wwt (search the forums here) and run the analyze and check commands on the drive. It'll confirm if the drive has bad games on it.

As previous posters said, you should stick with a single partitioned FAT32 drive. Unless you're storing massively large files on the NTFS partition, its the best option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)