erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
more info about the seagate drives here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157105

and the latets info by Narolez using his offline 222/223 install package!

For DOL-Installation, use the following settings:

- IOS 202 --> using IOS 36
- IOS 222 --> using IOS 36
- IOS 223 --> using IOS 37 merged with IOS 36

Plug in the HDD in the USB-Port 0 (bottom) and other USB devices in USB-Port 1 (before power on the wii).
Use USB Loader CFG 31a or later with ios=223-mload setting. Microphones, USB LAN, ... are now working! No HD spin down problems anymore!

Try it and report ...

Rolph91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
QUOTE said:
Thanks for that Info, hdhacker. I mentioned this tool before in this thread and yes, it is able to change APM settings even for USB connected drives.
But, and that's the issue, only on a temporary base. Power off and again on the HDD will have again the 10 min idle time.
I think all (okay...maybe many) should already know that if possible, connect the drive directly to sATA/IDE to change APM permanently.
The main reason for this thread was about the B8B-drives from WD which are NOT able to connect directly to sATA/IDE because the drives
have a IDE2USB (or USB2IDE unsure.gif ) interface build-in.
And we (okay, at least I) are looking for a tool which is able to change APM settings permanently for an USB attached HDD.

I dont know i dont know!!!! Im trying to disable the APM permanently on an Internal Seagate HDD to use it on an enclouser!!... How can this be done?

Bawal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rolph91 said:
[...]
I dont know i dont know!!!! Im trying to disable the APM permanently on an Internal Seagate HDD to use it on an enclouser!!... How can this be done?
Well that's a bump that hurts!

All I can say is that I stopped wasting time seaching for a tool to disable APM on that B8B WD Drive. I'm running fine all games on HDD copied from my original DVDs (for lazy purpose)...even new Mario Galaxy 2 (it rocks!)...without any (spindown-) problems...and still on cIOS rev.9
blush.gif

A LOT of tools are mentioned in this thread - as long as your drive is not "native" USB, keep trying...you may find one that will do what you need.

tadghd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a spin down isue with a WD 500GB external hard drive. I disassembled it to connnect via SATA and configure APM through hdparm but the changes i make aren't being kept after the drive resets. Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there any program that can set APM permanently?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here