USB Harddisk for Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Hidan121, Jul 12, 2010.

Jul 12, 2010

USB Harddisk for Wii by Hidan121 at 12:38 PM (775 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Hidan121

Newcomer Hidan121 Newbie

Jul 12, 2010
    Hong Kong
    I bought a Wii from shop with USB loader CGF already installed without USB harddisk from them (Because I already got one at home), I use Wii Backup manager to format it to WBFS format and install some games in it, but when I connect it with the Wii, I only got the game list in text without related cover (I can play the game, but it will be hang sometimes), when I try to download it using the global function, it said can't create directory, what should I do to make everything back to normal

Some background information :

The USB harddisk I use is a 320GB, with Partition A got 4GB with FAT32 format, Partition B got the rest of space in WBFS format

The USB loader CGF information is

FAT32 mount : SD
    CGF Base : sd:/usb-loader
    Loader version : 57b5
    IOS249 (REV15)

The shop told me to make two partition as mention since they said no SD card is needed, but a harddisk need to have 2 partition and the FAT32 parition is for these cover

Should I need to create any directory or copy any file in the FAT32 partition ??

Thank a lot for any help ~~
  2. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2010
    Down under
    Reformat the whole drive FAT32, and redump your games to that. You simply dont need WBFS any longer.

Upgrade your IOS249 (REV15) to IOS249 REV19, and also load up v5 of cIOS222 to cover all bases.

If you need to, refer here for detailed instructions on the IOS install/upgrade.