webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This is the official beta 5 release of V1.0 of Gecko Tool. It has GC and Wii Mode versions. The Wii mode version will require the Twilight Princess Chain Loader which can be downloaded at www.wiibrew.org.

V1.0 Beta Five (Change log)

1. Wii Mode hooks (can hook Wii Games as well as Gamecube Games)
2. Gamecube and Wii Cheat engine with own custom code types (upload cheat code patches Gamecube and Wii!)
3. Cheat Engine running with debugging engine to allow realtime code edits (Run list)
3. Upload code added to Remote debugger (can now upload binary files to running memory)
4. Hex Mode added to debugger (Switch from Asm to HEX etc, can scroll up and down hex windows also in memory!)
5. Wii Screen shots working

Source: WiiNewz

Could this be the start of cheating on the Wii?
Really want to get a USBGecko now.
Unlike some people, I like devices like Action Replay.
Cheats can make a game last much longer, in my opinion.

So, what do you guys (and gals) think?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Until it's only offline cheating, no problems with it
wink.gif

But if you can cheat online too... Then I'm 100% against this thing.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
wink.gif

I'd test that for you, but there are no codes right now for multiplayer games.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Raganook said:
raulpica said:
wink.gif

I'd test that for you, but there are no codes right now for multiplayer games.
Thanks, I appreciate the offer
wink.gif

Good... Let us know as soon there's something available
smile.gif

I wouldn't be happy to see people cheating in Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros Brawl... It would ruin the online experience completely.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Online cheats are for lazy losers to feel good about themselves because they are unable to develop the proper skill. Cheating isn't winning, you don't fool or school anybody. In my opinion.

Or for people who didn't care about the game in the first place and would rather ruin others fun because they have nothing else to do with their time.

Offline cheats are perfectly fine in most cases and can enhance game play experience. Soo I'm not against the principle of this program at all. Its just a shame what people will end up doing with it...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, no need for a debate. My opininion is that cheating to win somehow doesn't feel as good as winning by skill, or even luck, so why would people do it?

I think this is awesome, need to buy one of these now.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
Online cheats are for lazy losers to feel good about themselves because they are unable to develop the proper skill. Cheating isn't winning, you don't fool or school anybody. In my opinion.

Or for people who didn't care about the game in the first place and would rather ruin others fun because they have nothing else to do with their time.

Offline cheats are perfectly fine in most cases and can enhance game play experience. Soo I'm not against the principle of this program at all. Its just a shame what people will end up doing with it...

I'm pretty sure nobody cheats online with things like "always have a superstar" to win, and feel like they won. Or at least I hope not :wtf:.

The second part, have nothing else to do with their time, definitely rings true. Having a "always have a lightning bolt" item code would definitely entertain for a a good 15-20 minutes. let me tell you
tongue.gif

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Only thing what I like in this is that screen shot thing. And if there's any chance to use codes, even online games, somebody will absolutely use them. That's one nail to online gaming's coffin.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This kind of thing has killed the online DS multiplayer and will lead to the death of Wii online multiplayer. Mario Kart may as well go in the bin once the kiddies start cheating online with it
frown.gif

Hopefully if nintendo are able to ban people from online play then this should be one of the reasons for doing it
hate2.gif

shark2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a USB Gecko and will be getting it this week. I mainly got it for the cheat feature,but I dont play any of the online games so you dont have to worry about me. I just would like to have some kind of tutorial on how to use the cheat function,looks like usbgecko.com forums is offline until May 4th and now I dont have any idea on how to use the cheat feature when I get my gecko..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.