Hacking USB Gamecube Controller HIDTest Nintendont help

wegey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi! so i accidentally bought a powerA usb gamecube controller for the switch instead of a normal gamecube controller with the right connection. my wii even has the gamecube ports built into it so now i really look like a total clown

so i've been fidgeting with HIDTest for hours now, and searching around to find an .ini that was compatible. and i think i found it (see below) but the only problem is that all the buttons are in the wrong order. "B" registers as "A" and "X" registers as "Y" etc.

can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix this? im getting kind of frustrated and i really just wanna play my gc games. ive been screwing around with this for way too long
the ini file im using is attached below. also im a total noob to wii homebrew / nintendont so easy steps would be appreciated ^_^ thank you!

----
[This controller.ini was made for a PowerA Nintendo Switch Wired Controller Plus]
VID=20D6
PID=A711
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
#Sections descend numerically by Offset#
#Section 1: 0 Offset, Value descends numerically, then alphabetically#
B=0,1
A=0,2
X=0,4
Y=0,8
Z=0,20
L=0,40
R=0,80
DigitalLR=1
#Section 2: 1 Offset, Value descends numerically, then alphabetically#
Power=1,1
S=1,2
LAnalog=1,4
RAnalog=1,8
#Section 3: 2 Offset, Value descends numerically, then alphabetically#
Up=2,0
RightUp=2,1
Right=2,2
DownRight=2,3
Down=2,4
DownLeft=2,5
Left=2,6
UpLeft=2,7
#Section 4: Stick Offsets descending numerically#
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=5
CStickY=6

Reactions: ReadableAutoDisc
D

Deleted_413010

instead of a normal gamecube controller with the right connection.

Here's your problem right here...you go off buying off-brand bullshit instead of buying the official stuff. That's all on you not anybody else. Not sure how we'll be able to help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you think you could give us the name of the manufacturer and exact product of what you bought it might be possible to help

wegey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's your problem right here...you go off buying off-brand bullshit instead of buying the official stuff. That's all on you not anybody else. Not sure how we'll be able to help.

Do you think you could give us the name of the manufacturer and exact product of what you bought it might be possible to help

thanks for the absolute unnecessary nastiness dude i appreciate it.
powera's gamecube controllers are like the most popular gamecube controllers on the market right now. i've bought them before. they work fine, they're not shoddy, i think the problem just lies in the layout of the controller. that is it. usb controllers are usually in a completely different layout.
anyway, since i'm a new member i can't post any links, but if you search on amazon for "powera wired usb gamecube controller" you'll most likely be able to find it.

D

Deleted_413010

thanks for the absolute unnecessary nastiness dude i appreciate it.
powera's gamecube controllers are like the most popular gamecube controllers on the market right now. i've bought them before. they work fine, they're not shoddy, i think the problem just lies in the layout of the controller. that is it. usb controllers are usually in a completely different layout.
anyway, since i'm a new member i can't post any links, but if you search on amazon for "powera wired usb gamecube controller" you'll most likely be able to find it.

Yeah my apologies for the rudeness...i'll be signing off in like a minute. I'm not like this trust me. Ask anybody in the community. I'm only a bitch when its Epic Games. If you can be online tomorrow I can help you out then or atleast try.

ReadableAutoDisc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently picked up one and i think you might be already past this but to get that controller.ini working properly, all you really need to do is set the following values:

B=0,2
A=0,4
X=0,8
Y=0,1

strange how Y is the first button in the poll, but it works. And thank you for posting this, IDK how to set up a controller.ini and this got a majority of the work done for me, and i hope this helps anyone else who's looking to use this controller

Any updates on this?
see my post reply above

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1