USA made a step in the good direction

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you've heard it, but USA announced recently that they will change the face on the 20$.
The new face will be Harriet Tubman's, she is a black woman who lived in late 1800's/early 1900's, who fought against enslavement and who made hundreds of slave cross the canadian border. After USA got rid of enslavement, she fought for women's vote right and against racism.

Right now, the face on the 20$ is Andrew Jackson's, an ancient american president who based his political campaign on racism, expelling immigrant, and he also caused a genocide against natives. He deported 80 000 native to the west, and about 10 000 of them died during the deportation.

P

PaiiNSteven

Yes! Finally someone notices this. Thank god america. Its a little less hellish now.

P

PaiiNSteven

Yeah... but I guess Trump will change it back to Andrew Jackson
You're probably right. As much as I hate him, trump did take a step in the right direction also. Trans bathrooms. A more accepting america is a better america.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.