Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:
Remember everyone, SONY is not just a friggin game company, it's an electronics company first and foremost. They were already rich as hell before the PS1, and if their gaming sector fails (which I highly doubt) the effect will not be totally to the company as a whole.

As to this news, I'm sorta sick of all the Sony hate. Is anyone actually trying to look for the hackers, interrogate and sue them? Looks to not be the case. Yet everyone is still "HAHA SONY U LUZ U IDIOT UR FAULT" yet no one seems to be concerned about apprehending the people who ACTUALLY caused this.
There are alot of people who are sick of the Sony hate, including myself. Seriously, here's the formula:
Something potentially bad happens to Sony -> People start spamming about Sony being fu**ed.
Ir's really annoying.
how is it potentially bad? It is bad period. Just because there is a possibility that credit card info was not stolen doesn't make up for the fact that personal information WAS stolen. There's a possibility that everyone's personal info including name, home address, birth date etc were sold to other people to use. I'm one of the people who will continue playing my PS3 and buying PS3 games, but that doesn't make up for the fact that a lot of people could lose their identity because of this situation. That is why everyone is making a big deal out of this. Once you lose your identity, it becomes incredibly hard to prove that you're the real person. Even if you are able to prove you're the original, what's to say that someone isn't going to attempt to use your information again in the future?
I wasn't talking about this specifically, just a Sony incident in general.
Then in general I can understand where you and others are coming from. Sony does get a lot of unneeded hate, but with this situation they deserve all the hate they're getting. They were overly arrogant and let their guard down and now a lot of people could quite possibly be screwed.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:
Remember everyone, SONY is not just a friggin game company, it's an electronics company first and foremost. They were already rich as hell before the PS1, and if their gaming sector fails (which I highly doubt) the effect will not be totally to the company as a whole.

As to this news, I'm sorta sick of all the Sony hate. Is anyone actually trying to look for the hackers, interrogate and sue them? Looks to not be the case. Yet everyone is still "HAHA SONY U LUZ U IDIOT UR FAULT" yet no one seems to be concerned about apprehending the people who ACTUALLY caused this.
There are alot of people who are sick of the Sony hate, including myself. Seriously, here's the formula:
Something potentially bad happens to Sony -> People start spamming about Sony being fu**ed.
Ir's really annoying.
how is it potentially bad? It is bad period. Just because there is a possibility that credit card info was not stolen doesn't make up for the fact that personal information WAS stolen. There's a possibility that everyone's personal info including name, home address, birth date etc were sold to other people to use. I'm one of the people who will continue playing my PS3 and buying PS3 games, but that doesn't make up for the fact that a lot of people could lose their identity because of this situation. That is why everyone is making a big deal out of this. Once you lose your identity, it becomes incredibly hard to prove that you're the real person. Even if you are able to prove you're the original, what's to say that someone isn't going to attempt to use your information again in the future?
Then in general I can understand where you and others are coming from. Sony does get a lot of unneeded hate, but with this situation they deserve all the hate they're getting. They were overly arrogant and let their guard down and now a lot of people could quite possibly be screwed.
It's just the fact that people are idiotic about this. Sure it would be fine to say "Sony committed an error on their part and deserve some sort of punishment.", however this "LOLLOLOLOL SONY FUCKED UP THEIR GONNA BURN LOLZ" is said by people who barely have a proper understanding of the situation. And what about the hackers? Haven't seen that many people say "I hate the hackers. Hope that they find the people who did this." A majority of the people just spew out a bunch of annoying and biased Sony hate.

I know that Sony committed a mistake on their part and deserves some sort of punishment, however the hackers are the ones who intentionally hacked Sony's database and took all the data. They deserve to get the most blame.

Some people don't even understand that Sony is NOT JUST A FUCKING GAME COMPANY.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:

Ir's really annoying.
It's just the fact that people are idiotic about this. Sure it would be fine to say "Sony committed an error on their part and deserve some sort of punishment.", however this "LOLLOLOLOL SONY FUCKED UP THEIR GONNA BURN LOLZ" is said by people who barely have a proper understanding of the situation. And what about the hackers? Haven't seen that many people say "I hate the hackers. Hope that they find the people who did this." A majority of the people just spew out a bunch of annoying and biased Sony hate.

I know that Sony committed a mistake on their part and deserves some sort of punishment, however the hackers are the ones who intentionally hacked Sony's database and took all the data. They deserve to get the most blame.

when did i say that Sony was only a game company? I'm well aware that Sony makes other electronics, but Sony KNEW that hackers were targeting them and failed to provide protection to their consumers. Sure we can blame the hackers, but what should we do? blame EVERY hacker? We know that Sony is at fault for failing to protect their users so that's why people blame them and only them. If we knew who the hackers were we would blame them, but since that is an unknown people blame the ones they know are at fault. I still support Sony they're only human, I plan on continuing to buy their games and products, but it doesn't excuse the fact that this is largely Sony's fault for not providing better protection of this information.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
KingdomBlade said:
As to this news, I'm sorta sick of all the Sony hate. Is anyone actually trying to look for the hackers, interrogate and sue them?
Yes, Sony in fact hired a company to find them. They said that.
Didn't they hire the security company to find out how this happened and have the FBI looking into who did it?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
syko5150 said:
Rydian said:
KingdomBlade said:
As to this news, I'm sorta sick of all the Sony hate. Is anyone actually trying to look for the hackers, interrogate and sue them?
Yes, Sony in fact hired a company to find them. They said that.
Didn't they hire the security company to find out how this happened and have the FBI looking into who did it?

It was Yogi bear. That's what happens when you keep databases in baskets.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
KingdomBlade said:
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
KingdomBlade said:

Ir's really annoying.

when did i say that Sony was only a game company? I'm well aware that Sony makes other electronics, but Sony KNEW that hackers were targeting them and failed to provide protection to their consumers. Sure we can blame the hackers, but what should we do? blame EVERY hacker? We know that Sony is at fault for failing to protect their users so that's why people blame them and only them. If we knew who the hackers were we would blame them, but since that is an unknown people blame the ones they know are at fault. I still support Sony they're only human, I plan on continuing to buy their games and products, but it doesn't excuse the fact that this is largely Sony's fault for not providing better protection of this information.
The game company thing wasn't targeted at you, it was largely for other posters.

Think about this, if no one hacked it in the first place, nothing would ever have happened. If a robber came into a bank, stole the money and went out of there, it is only partially the bank's fault, and largely the robber's. Since the robber stole the money in the first place, he is the one that authorities try to apprehend, and he is the one who committed a the crime, not the bank.

And even if the hackers are unknown, it's still their largely their CRIME. Sure we can blame it on Sony only partially, but in the end of the day, the criminals cause the crime. It only goes to show you that a large number of posters have some sort of blatant hate for Sony, one way or another. Sure blame is one thing, but hate? They don't deserve it.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn it... i hope psn will be back by the 5th... cause i'm not going sit around and twit my thumbs around and do nothing. why is the goverment getting involed who know's and who care's cause i don't plus poltics are a bunch of crap anyway with there lies and stuff. i hope rumor's are true about the 5th. if not i'm going go muk my muking couch to hell mother muker's... this is stupid... i've had enough so i'm done with this sony shit...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameandmatch said:
Sony, I feel bad for you guys. First the GeoHot incident and now this.
Sony were the ones behind the GeoHot incident.

This is also Sony's fault.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
gameandmatch said:
Sony, I feel bad for you guys. First the GeoHot incident and now this.
Sony were the ones behind the GeoHot incident.

This is also Sony's fault.

As already stated, it's partially the fault of Sony. It's largely the fault of the hackers. The system initially being cracked invited other hackers to get their hands into things. Hackers made it a point to watch how credit card info and the such was transferred; other hackers made it a point to exploit this because Sony didn't fix it? lolwut?

The hackers are why all of this is happening. If they had just left it alone, all would be fine. Instead the US Government is now making it a point to get their hands into this.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah it's always the hackers fault....
dry.gif

no it isn't

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
yeah it's always the hackers fault....
dry.gif

no it isn't

Would this have happened had the system not been hacked? Would this have happened had greedy hackers not gotten their hands on the information that nobody outside of Sony should have ever seen?
When hacking causes this much damage, you've entered a dangerous zone, and it is almost completely the fault of the hackers. I'm not going to blame Sony because of over zealous, self-entitled hackers.

If you're going to hack, the least you could do is be courteous about it and not start sticking your hands through the bottom of the damn cookie jar.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
if a guy left his front door wide open and he got robbed whos fault is it the burglers or the idiot who left his door wide open?
laugh.gif

In this case, the door was hidden behind many walls, and the burglar made it a point to find and exploit the fact that it was open. The hackers made it a point to find and thieve this information.

/thread?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
if a guy left his front door wide open and he got robbed whos fault is it the burglers or the idiot who left his door wide open?
laugh.gif
Lets think about this instead. If a guy left his door locked and enforced, and the burglar got in, who's fault is it that the robbery was committed? The burglar.

If a guy leaves his door wide open, and the burglar got in, who's fault is it that the robbery was committed? Still the burglar.

If the burglar wasn't there, even if the guy has his door wide open, nothing would have happened. So the burglar is the cause of the robbery. I mean powerful protection or not, it doesn't matter. If the burglar stole something, it's the burglar who did the stealing, not the guy who left his door open.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
Bladexdsl said:
laugh.gif
Lets think about this instead. If a guy left his door locked and enforced, and the burglar got in, who's fault is it that the robbery was committed? The burglar.

If a guy leaves his door wide open, and the burglar got in, who's fault is it that the robbery was committed? Still the burglar.

If the burglar wasn't there, even if the guy has his door wide open, nothing would have happened. So the burglar is the cause of the robbery. I mean powerful protection or not, it doesn't matter. If the burglar stole something, it's the burglar who did the stealing, not the guy who left his door open.
The burglar would still be at fault, but everybody would also look at the one who left the door open and say he is an idiot for leaving the door open, and question if he did it intentionally. They would still go after the burglar and try him for breaking and entering, and theft of property, but if proven the man did this on purpose or refused to act upon warnings about how insecure his house was, he too would be in trouble for provoking the situation when it could have been avoided all together.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Dimensional said:
KingdomBlade said:
Bladexdsl said:
laugh.gif

The burglar would still be at fault, but everybody would also look at the one who left the door open and say he is an idiot for leaving the door open, and question if he did it intentionally. They would still go after the burglar and try him for breaking and entering, and theft of property, but if proven the man did this on purpose or refused to act upon warnings about how insecure his house was, he too would be in trouble for provoking the situation when it could have been avoided all together.
Sure, the man did that. But should he be blamed like it was his fault more than the burglars? Not at all. That's exactly what a lot of people make it out to be, like it is Sony's fault more than the hackers. And their justification is based purely on hate and bias a lot of times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv