Hacking Question [URGENT]Console stuck on Switch logo after trying SX OS

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your description of what you did is vague. I was stuck on the logo after a choidujour nx update. Do not try to restore backup from another console. I need to know what firm the system and fuses are on for sure.

The backup you made after the fact, check it with this....

https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

Then run a Hekate payload and check your current fuse count...

4.0.0-4.1.0 firm should have 5 fuses burnt.

Then you can know what is installed at least.

I had a Switch logo loop. I was updating through ChoiDuJourNX.. I fixed it by

1. Restoring Backup (SXOS or Hekate backup. They both worked)
  2. Removing AutoRCM (Dangerous for your e-fuses IF your fuses and current installed version don't match that's why I wanted you to check.)
  3. Booting in to maintenance mode (Power off by holding power for at least 12 seconds, hold Vol + AND Vol - then press power, holding both volumes until boot)
  4. Running "System initialization without removing user data and saves"
  5. updating again with ChoiDuJourNX.

I think the initialization is what fixed it. Also , IF you tried an Ex-fat card and it requested an update then you most likely must use FAT32 until you update properly.

You should try to get in to maintenance mode again. It's touchy. AutoRCM interferes so you must remove it. You can turn off AutoRCM even if its already off so just do that. Its in SXOS menu. Sometimes I thought it wasn't working. It was user error....

You could try this too..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

This runs through the ChoiDuJour PC app installation. You can use a USB-C cable (have one? The one that comes with the pro controller is awesome.) and install the Firm directly to the NAND. It's involved.

Try putting SX or Kosmos files on a Fat32 card. What did you use to format the SD? What cluster size? I recommend this. Use default for cluster size..

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Probably moot though..

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Your description of what you did is vague. I was stuck on the logo after a choidujour nx update. Do not try to restore backup from another console. I need to know what firm the system and fuses are on for sure.

The backup you made after the fact, check it with this....

https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

Then run a Hekate payload and check your current fuse count...

4.0.0-4.1.0 firm should have 5 fuses burnt.

Then you can know what is installed at least.

I had a Switch logo loop. I was updating through ChoiDuJourNX.. I fixed it by

1. Restoring Backup (SXOS or Hekate backup. They both worked)
  2. Removing AutoRCM (Dangerous for your e-fuses IF your fuses and current installed version don't match that's why I wanted you to check.)
  3. Booting in to maintenance mode (Power off by holding power for at least 12 seconds, hold Vol + AND Vol - then press power, holding both volumes until boot)
  4. Running "System initialization without removing user data and saves"
  5. updating again with ChoiDuJourNX.

I think the initialization is what fixed it. Also , IF you tried an Ex-fat card and it requested an update then you most likely must use FAT32 until you update properly.

You should try to get in to maintenance mode again. It's touchy. AutoRCM interferes so you must remove it. You can turn off AutoRCM even if its already off so just do that. Its in SXOS menu. Sometimes I thought it wasn't working. It was user error....

You could try this too..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

This runs through the ChoiDuJour PC app installation. You can use a USB-C cable (have one? The one that comes with the pro controller is awesome.) and install the Firm directly to the NAND. It's involved.

Try putting SX or Kosmos files on a Fat32 card. What did you use to format the SD? What cluster size? I recommend this. Use default for cluster size..

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Probably moot though..

Now the console is not even turning on... I think (and hope) the battery is empty.
I will put it on charge for a bit, then try to deactivate autorcm from SX OS even though I'm sure it's not on.
I couldn't use that tool to verify the NAND backup, because I truly suck at this (I get stuck at installing pycryptodome)
I had already checked my fuse count earlier today, it said 5.
Honestly at this point I have no idea what I should do... if anyone is willing to remote control my PC and give it a try, I'll be eternally grateful. I have a 128gb sd card with SX OS on exFAT, and another 32gb on FAT32 with ReiNX and Atsmopshere and some other stuff. If this can't be fixed I guess I'll just compensate the guy and never ever offer to hack somebody's stuff again.

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Start TegeraRCM on the pc, hold power on the switch for 20 seconds, to be safe. Hold Vol+ and tap power then plug in the usb-c already connected to the PC. Does Tegra see the switch?.

The switch is not turning on, I think the battery is empty because I've been messing with it the whole day trying to get it fixed.
A few hours ago when the console was turning on, TegraRcmGui was detecting it, yes.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, unless whatever you have been trying all day bricked it. I have done trouble shooting for a living before. I never listen to the story. The person having issues usually doesn't fully understand the issue and tries to make sense of it. I want to see what is not what you think it is. No offense. IF it's bricked. hen the screen will stay black. RCM should still work. Just try it... Then you can boot in to Hekate and check your battery level too :) Battery can take a long time to charge. if you are not in horizon.

Last edited by mikefor20,
Reactions: Psychoteddy

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sure, unless whatever you have been trying all day bricked it. I have done trouble shooting for a living before. I never listen to the story. The person having issues usually doesn't fully understand the issue and tries to make sense of it. I want to see what is not what you think it is. No offense. IF it's bricked. hen the screen will stay black. RCM should still work. Just try it... Then you can boot in to Hekate and check your battery level too :) Battery can take a long time to charge. if you are not in horizon.

TegraRCM was detecting it in my computer at work, which I left at 5 p.m, and the console was turning on and stuck on the switch logo. As I arrived home at 6 p.m, the console was not turning on and TegraRCM is not detecting it on my home PC. That's why I thought it might be the battery...
Now it's been charging for over 2 hours, and still doesn't turn on/Tegra doesn't detect it.

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
try again, make sure its completely off. hold power for 30 seconds. then try RCM, (hold vol + and tap power) then plug it in
I used the jig, held the + button then pressed the power button.
Tegra says RCM OK now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you didn't update, nor connected to the internet and the switch has the stock firmware (without exFat support) then only use FAT32 for the SD

Go to https://www.sdsetup.com/, select the switch, select Everything and put the SD files into your card

Inject Hekate, go to Launch > Payloads > ReinX (or Atmosphere)

I just tried that, after a cute anime chick I got stuck on the switch logo again.
I also tried Atsmophere, same issue.
battery is at 14%.

Last edited by Psychoteddy,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used the jig, held the + button then pressed the power button.
Tegra says RCM OK now

I just tried that, after a cute anime chick I got stuck on the switch logo again.
Well somehow you managed to corrupt something, but we don't know what. Only hope is with a NAND backup before any modifications, which every decent Switch CFW guide should stress you do. Since you can't get into recovery you don't have many options, unfortunately.

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well somehow you managed to corrupt something, but we don't know what. Only hope is with a NAND backup before any modifications, which every decent Switch CFW guide should stress you do. Since you can't get into recovery you don't have many options, unfortunately.

I will try a NAND backup using the one I have saved.
I know it's desperate but I want to do that before I give up.

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
your best bet is going to the source and talk to the team. sice you were using their software thry will possibly be able to help you better

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
your best bet is going to the source and talk to the team. sice you were using their software thry will possibly be able to help you better

I will. Thanks.

Quick question guys: I'm trying to restore the NAND, using SX OS, but I get a failed message. Errcode=00FFFD47
Is there any other way to do that?

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Whatever happens, you can always recreate your NAND using choidujour non-NX version.

I'm not rich, but I'd reward 25$ if somebody volunteers and fixes the issue through remote control of my PC, as compensation for your time and efforts.
Let me know if interested.

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I also tried Atsmophere, same issue.
battery is at 14%.

Ok so you corrupted something during the boot sequence and Horizon won't start at all
The only way (afaik) to fix what would be with a clean NAND backup...
but since you did the backup after the nand was corrupted, so

I will try a NAND backup using the one I have saved.
I know it's desperate but I want to do that before I give up.

you'll only end in the same state as you are right now...
Maybe there's a way to create a NAND with the correct partition to boot from another switch/generic update files and inject your keys into that, but don't know really, maybe I'm just talking nonsense here. Good luck bro.

Last edited by lordpsycho,

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ok so you corrupted something during the boot sequence and Horizon won't start at all
Yeah the only way (afaik) to fix what would be with a clean NAND backup...
but since you did the backup after the nand was corrupted, so

yeah, you'll only end in the same state as you are right now...
Maybe there's a way to create a NAND with the correct partition to boot from another switch/generic update files and inject your keys into that, but don't know really, maybe I'm just talking nonesense here. Good luck bro.

Could you please tell me how to restore the NAND using the copy I have created? I want to try that (SX OS NAND restore didn't work)

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Could you please tell me how to restore the NAND using the copy I have created? I want to try that (SX OS NAND restore didn't work)

Inject Hekate with the NAND files in the SD and go to Tools > Restore
Here's a good guide for that
Edit: Also make sure the battery is fully charged (I kept the Switch connected to the PC when I did my backup just to be safe)

Last edited by lordpsycho,

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
based on the information, here's what i gather, You're currently on 4.1.0 (5 fuses burned).

The update it asked you to install when you booted with your mSD is the exFAT update. if you said no it shouldn't have made any changes.

My guess is that there's something you did right after that you might not have known was happening.

here's a couple of questions that will allow us to fill the gap between these two actions.

"...Console came with firmware 4.1.0, I tried using SX OS Pro with a 128gb sd card on exFAT, but the console asked me to update, which I didn't.

Upon restart it got stuck on the switch logo."

1) When you said no to the update, what did you do? did you play any games, did you boot any program, did you install any nsp's? (we'll need pretty much a play by play).

2) Why did you restart the console in the first place?

Also, I can almost guarantee you, the issue is fixable. even with a non booting nand backup, if the key informations are there and can be extracted to build a clean NAND, then there's a good chance it's fixable. It just might take time to figure it out.

Reactions: Psychoteddy

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
based on the information, here's what i gather, You're currently on 4.1.0 (5 fuses burned).

The update it asked you to install when you booted with your mSD is the exFAT update. if you said no it shouldn't have made any changes.

My guess is that there's something you did right after that you might not have known was happening.

here's a couple of questions that will allow us to fill the gap between these two actions.

"...Console came with firmware 4.1.0, I tried using SX OS Pro with a 128gb sd card on exFAT, but the console asked me to update, which I didn't.

Upon restart it got stuck on the switch logo."

1) When you said no to the update, what did you do? did you play any games, did you boot any program, did you install any nsp's? (we'll need pretty much a play by play).

2) Why did you restart the console in the first place?

Also, I can almost guarantee you, the issue is fixable. even with a non booting nand backup, if the key informations are there and can be extracted to build a clean NAND, then there's a good chance it's fixable. It just might take time to figure it out.

1) I didn't run any games or program

2) I thought the console asking me to update was proof that SX OS wasn't working (stupid me)

after that the console didn't turn on and I kept messing it with it until I managed to back up the NAND, so I'm not sure if my NAND is corrupt now and want to follow this path, only issue is I only have the rawnand.bin, boot0 and boot1 files. Apparently I also need a "numbers and letters folder", which I don't have now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0