Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello everyone,

I'm a noob when it comes to hacking, and I think I bricked a friend's console.

Console came with firmware 4.1.0, I tried using SX OS Pro with a 128gb sd card on exFAT, but the console asked me to update, which I didn't.

Upon restart it got stuck on the switch logo. What I've tried:

1. booting with the sd card in, with SX OS, on CFW => stuck on switch logo
2. booting with the sd card in, with SX OS, on Original FW => stuck on switch logo
3. booting without the sd card => stuck on switch logo.
4. copying the SX OS files on a 32gb fat32 sd card and trying to boot from there => stuck on switch logo.

My computer detects it on TegraRcmGui, and I can inject all payloads, so I did a NAND Backup (I think it was too late for that though).

I also obtained the BIS keys using biskeydump.

What can I try at this point? Keep in mind that I'm a noob...

If I can't get it to work again I'll just reimburse the guy, lesson learned for sure!

Your answers would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!

Last edited by Psychoteddy,

Rincewind_82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure you didn`t update the switch? There are a lot of threads with similar problems. But all update the console to 6.2.
Pls check the current firmware

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this issue and the only way I could fix the switch freezing at the nintendo logo is resorting to using my nand and boot1/2 backup from when I first hacked my switch.

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The problem is I did the NAND and boot1/2 backup after the switch got bricked, not before...
But I'm willing to give it a try, could you explain to me please how to resort to that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you sure you didn`t update the switch? There are a lot of threads with similar problems. But all update the console to 6.2.
Pls check the current firmware

I cannot check my current firmware because the console is not booting at all... with or without SX OS

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is I did the NAND and boot1/2 backup after the switch got bricked, not before...
But I'm willing to give it a try, could you explain to me please how to resort to that?
What tutorial did you follow that didn't STRESS to first backup the nand and boot files while you were setting it up? That's crazy man. Good luck..

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello everyone,

Console came with firmware 4.1.0, I tried using SX OS Pro with a 128gb sd card on exFAT, but the console asked me to update, which I didn't.

My computer detects it on TegraRcmGui, and I can inject all payloads, so I did a NAND Backup (I think it was too late for that though).

If you didn't update, nor connected to the internet and the switch has the stock firmware (without exFat support) then only use FAT32 for the SD

Go to https://www.sdsetup.com/, select the switch, select Everything and put the SD files into your card

Inject Hekate, go to Launch > Payloads > ReinX (or Atmosphere)

Rincewind_82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats sounds good.
Did you use hekate for nandbackup?
what happens if you use the kosmos folder and lunch the payload with TegraRcmGui. Also without sx os?

Psychoteddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Guys thank you all for your support. I'm currently driving I will be home in 30 min and will try your recommendations.

Did you install autorcm? If you did recovery mode won't trigger. Do you have a proper jig?
I do have a proper jig.
No the switch is not on autorcm

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys thank you all for your support. I'm currently driving I will be home in 30 min and will try your recommendations.

I do have a proper jig.
No the switch is not on autorcm

yes keep us posted, i will be keeping a close eye on this thread, also if all else fails make sure you let TX know about this somehow via support or something, This sounds like a very weird bug? Hopefully it's just a bug and nothing more. I remember having my switch battery die on me everytime i was booted in cfw, it became a hassle to leave it charging for an hour+ almost everytime i thought something happened to my switch. If no one has asked you yet, try another micro sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse