ROM Hack Uploading Pokemon to Pokemon Go?

SpaceMonkeh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

With all of these amazing people working on hacks, is there a way to upload Pokemon from let's go to go? I hate it that it's a one-way only and was hoping it wasn't.

Thanks!

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This would require people to hack Pokémon Go first, since receiving Pokémon from outside the game is not implemented, while sending Pokémon outside is.
And since Pokémon Go is an always-online game, you might figure that tinkering with it is probably going to set some bells ringing at Niantics servers.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the conversions from the limited 2 move / 3 IV Pokémon GO structure to the 4 move, 6 IV, much more detailed Pokémon Let's Go structure is done by the Switch, not the Pokémon GO app. Even if we could pre-convert it backwards, the Pokémon in Pokémon GO are stored online, not locally, so there does not exist a method to add a Pokémon to your box outside of catching, hatching or 1-for-1 trade.

SpaceMonkeh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This would require people to hack Pokémon Go first, since receiving Pokémon from outside the game is not implemented, while sending Pokémon outside is.
And since Pokémon Go is an always-online game, you might figure that tinkering with it is probably going to set some bells ringing at Niantics servers.

That may be right but there are mods like Pokemon Go ++ which are safe to use, if done smartly, I've been using it for over a year and no issues. Here's hoping :s

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That may be right but there are mods like Pokemon Go ++ which are safe to use, if done smartly, I've been using it for over a year and no issues. Here's hoping :s

There's one important flaw with that, though. Those mods don't alter gameplay elements handled by the servers (like which Pokémon spawns were or how trading works). They just alter your inputs.
If you were to send Pokémon from LG to Go by making your PoGo app believe that your Switch is another smartphone running PoGo, that would still not work, because the Pokémon from LG (even if you prepared them to be PoGo-compliant beforehand) would have come from basically nowhere. Every Pokémon in PoGo is stored in the servers data and can be traced back to a point where the server itself distributed it to spawn at a location to be cought by a player. You would have to assume that the server doesn't care if it spit out that Pokémon itself or not... And I'm sure, it would check for that.

Last edited by Axido,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol