Pokemon Let's Go with a Pro Controller?

Sitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to play pokemon lets go with a pro controller nowadays? I have no joycons, so i can pick neither the 1xjoycon or handheld options at the start of the game.
maxresdefault.jpg

Can some plugin make the pro controller emulate either?

Reactions: Marc_LFD

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is currently no way to do that. If you want to play the game you'll have to suck it up and grab either some joy cons or a PokeBall controller from somewhere.
If money is tight and you have some friends or family with another switch or two maybe you could borrow some until you can afford your own?

Reactions: Sitch and SylverReZ

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play pokemon lets go with a pro controller nowadays? I have no joycons, so i can pick neither the 1xjoycon or handheld options at the start of the game.View attachment 402710

Can some plugin make the pro controller emulate either?

Only work with joycons in table top mode, the pokeball controller or you can play the game in handheld mode.

Reactions: Sitch

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only work with joycons in table top mode, the pokeball controller or you can play the game in handheld mode.
That's what the screenshot essentially says, dude. lol

Just seems like an oversight of Nintendo not to include the Pro Controller as there is no reason why it couldn't be playable with. Joy-Cons are some of the shittiest controllers I've ever used, imo.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what the screenshot essentially says, dude. lol

Just seems like an oversight of Nintendo not to include the Pro Controller as there is no reason why it couldn't be playable with. Joy-Cons are some of the shittiest controllers I've ever used, imo.

If they allow pro controller use, then people might not buy the pokeball controller.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
2 things wrong with this game:

No pro controller support
Pokemon go style catching to gain exp

Anyway, I asked in the mission control thread a few years ago but don't think anything ever came of it

Last edited by M7L7NK7,
Reactions: k7ra and Sitch

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's right, this game does not support a pro controller. I finished this game a year ago on my Nintendo Switch lite.It's strange that no one has come up with a patch so far

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get it's not the ideal solution, but the workaround I went for is just playing with an emulator and upscaling the handheld mode. Scales well to 1440p and you can just map a pro controller to the handheld layout.

Would be neat to see some homebrew to do the same kinda thing (handheld mode in docked basically, with some extra controller remapping). No idea how complex that'd be mind. At least this isn't too demanding a game to run for emulation.

Sitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the replies, that really sucks. Guess I'll have to emulate it at some point. I'll go bump the mission control post just in case I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto