Hacking Upgrading from Gateway to DSTWO+

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because .3ds files are cartridge dumps and expect to be loaded from the cartridge slot. So they require a flashcart.
Makes sense. You're probably right! Although it wouldn't be too far fetched to think some hack could be developed to redirect a 3ds file loading to make it think the cartridge slot is used. This is all just for the fun of speculating, since the current solution with cia files is perfectly fine.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Makes sense. You're probably right! Although it wouldn't be too far fetched to think some hack could be developed to redirect a 3ds file loading to make it think the cartridge slot is used. This is all just for the fun of speculating, since the current solution with cia files is perfectly fine.
That's what people keep asking about for .nds games :-p I wish I knew more about the hardware.

Reactions: Dust2dust
D

Deleted User

I'm using gateway & luma 3ds a9lh. I have no prob with the gateway. it's is pretty cool to use gateway on luma. I know you're a poor guy but stop spreading your hatred towards gateway because it's expensive for you. I love luma a9lh but I tell you this. Luma a9lh never came before gateway. Any CFW never came before gateway. Gateway was the first 3ds hacking tool. That came out to the 3ds users & hackers. Go get some knowledge of it. Then come back with your poor excuses.
Actually I dont really hate gateway. They were the first to come with solution for piracy... but the fact they were the first dont make them the best. As I said, theres little to no advantage to use gw and cards in gemeral with current piracy. Its easier to use cia from freeshop then searching the web for roms. Its a fact. Use gateway only if u dont wanna setup a9lh for extra 2 hours over gw emunand, I wont stop u. Just saying that dstwo dont give any advantage (except snes,which can easily be used with VC on n3ds as cias) over gw and even Gw dont give much significant advantage over luma or other cfw with ability to install cia.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This conversation is becoming pointless now, you are merely saying 'this has not happened yet so it wont ever happen', i was just stating what they can do and what can come of it. Do as you wish.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here is that KAT case im speaking of,

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/kickasstorrents-piracy-case/
First off. The case had almost nothing to do with the IP. The case directly involved the owner of one of the biggest piracy websites around.

Second, there isn't truly a trace of anything.. NNID or otherwise.. When using freeShop or the like. They have no way of tracking if the game was illegally acquired. We all know Ninty. We all know they'd come down hard if they had a case. R4, anyone?

Finally, I thought you were smarter than this Mech. Are you arguing just to argue? You're advocating for GW.. That's fine and dandy.. But your reasons against cfw and cia usage are just blind hate.

D

Deleted-355425

First off. The case had almost nothing to do with the IP. The case directly involved the owner of one of the biggest piracy websites around.

Second, there isn't truly a trace of anything.. NNID or otherwise.. When using freeShop or the like. They have no way of tracking if the game was illegally acquired. We all know Ninty. We all know they'd come down hard if they had a case. R4, anyone?

Finally, I thought you were smarter than this Mech. Are you arguing just to argue? You're advocating for GW.. That's fine and dandy.. But your reasons against cfw and cia usage are just blind hate.

too much caffeine, sorry Senpai

1337f347

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats that got to do with the price of fish? try and post some piracy shit here on GBA temp and see what happens.... oh right i forgot this site is here FOR piracy yet you cannot post any or provide links to any. I think you should ask a staff member if this site is here for piracy.

Fish? I'm not sure, tbh? :/

Why don't you try, since it's your idea?
You think I have time for that? smh
Such a bright spark? :P

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
wow... I gave this a few days, the thread gained 4 pages, and yet NO ONE answered even a SINGLE question I had or even ATTEMPTED to understand what I was trying to do, and despite asking PLEASE to stay on topic you guys just insisted on hijacking this thread anyway. I do not want to change my emuNAND on my 3DS. Deal with it. You guys made your feelings known, ok? Or do I have to start a new thread and hope it doesn't get derailed as well?

If you don't know the answer to my question don't answer. The reason why I don't want to change it is because I like it the way it is, and because I am planning on buying an N3DS anyway which I wouldn't mind doing all of this on and because I don't have the time to do this to both. Please don't answer unless you actually KNOW the answer. I am really sick and tired of reading through junk and side conversation because everyone wants to push what they think I should do without regards to what I am even trying to do - even after I made it clear that I will NEVER touch the emuNAND I already have until AFTER I transfer it to the N3DS, and even then that won't be for a very long time because I am both a full time student and business owner and that takes up most of my time. I shouldn't HAVE to explain all this. I should just be able to say that I'm trying to do something specific, but whatever. *sigh*

So, again, here are my questions, in summary with clarification:

1.) I want to boot my Gateway 3DS. I also want to use GBA and SNES emulation. Since I was already planning on buying a DSTWO+ anyway I wanted to use it to either hold the emuNAND or boot the emuNAND. If booting gateway mode on the emuNAND causing bricking I'd like a reference to that, and to know if using the DSTWO+ to boot the Gateway cart would also cause bricking. If it doesn't, I'd like to know what I need to do to use it as one. Otherwise I'd just buy another R4 card along with it, but it would be a real waste of money to buy another blue cart and a DSTWO+ if the DSTWO+ can be used for that.

2.) I'd like to know what is needed to soft mod the N3DS. The guides linked to here, and what I could find, only talk about the old 3DS so I am confused about that. Are all the steps the same?

3.) If I purchase an N3DS with 9.2 firmware, soft mod it to have an emuNAND or equivalent, can I perform a system transfer from the 3DS Gateway emuNAND to the N3DS emuNAND?

4.) What would I need to do to backup 3DS emuNAND so that after the transfer I can restore my saves?

5.) Is it safe to use both the 3DS and N3DS together, provided that I am not using the same game backup at the same time? I mean, I'm not sure what level of detection would be at work here. I gave an example before though: Trading Pokemon. Is that safe to do?

Now, I was hoping to get an answer to this a few days ago because, like I said, I have a very small time window to order stuff and get stuff working. I have no reason to do anything other than what I am trying to do. I am out of time so tomorrow I am ordering whatever it is I need, and if no one feels like answering I guess I'll just have to start a new thread and ask that this one gets deleted. Then I'll just hope that what I order is what I actually need.

P.S. - There is a difference between a CFW replacing the system firmware and a CFW booting from an emuNAND. Regardless of how you feel about it. Insulting my intelligence while intentionally derailing a thread away from my questions doesn't help anyone. This thread is not about 9.2 FW, nor is it about CIA or piracy related questions. I very clearly stated that I do not want or need a homebrew store and that I want to keep the games I PAID FOR working as they currently are.

_______
EDIT: I went through the thread to reply to a bunch of stuff. Have some additional thoughts.

on a side note, you probably won't get very far if you refuse to update from 4.x to 9.2.0-20. virtually everyone recommends you update.

I don't care. Off topic.

Why do you want to stay on 4.1+EmuNAND?

Because I like what I have and because I am buying an N3DS. *AFTER* I have everything transferred to an N3DS I will look into modding the 3DS, but NOT BEFORE. I don't get why everyone keeps pushing that when my questions are so bloody simple.

and using GW is also illegal by nintendo

Do you have any idea what you just wrote there? Illegal by Nintendo? Regardless, I don't care.

I didnt realise gbatemp was here for piracy, i must of missed that memo.

It's not. If it was people like me wouldn't be here trying to make sure we can keep BUYING the games and DLC we want. I actually do like supporting developers.

So did you kill your MSET exploit or why do you need the blue card to launch Gateway? As long as you didn't play NDS/DSi games you should still be able to launch Gateway and update your EmuNAND.

Hey! Someone on topic! Well, here's the thing: I never loaded a DS game in a long time, and I left the 3DS plugged in and turned on, but after a few months of not being touched the game actually froze.

Just buy a cheap 3DS compatible NDS flashcard if you need to reinstall it.

Well, that's part of my question. I want to make sure that I could use a DSTWO+ for that since I was going to buy one anyway.

But yeah..., upgrading to 9.2 to use A9LH or at least Menuhax is the recommendable way to go. ;)

Not interested. and honestly? The more people push it, the less interested I am. I actually was curious after the first suggestion or two, but the way people keep pushing it, even though it has nothing to do with my question, is kinda creepy to be honest. It's fine to suggest an alternative, but 4 pages of that is way too much.

I think by now you're realizing it is time to take a weekend off and A9LH your system.

Actually, no. I have an order that I want to do things and that's it. I'm on step 1 and you guys are way over there on step 20 telling me not to bother with steps 1 through 19 and it's annoying.

You can still use RedCart and boot into GW Mode with A9LH, while BlueCart is simply a R4i clone and works flawlessly on Luma3DS (what A9LH runs off of).

I'm using gateway & luma 3ds a9lh. I have no prob with the gateway. it's is pretty cool to use gateway on luma.

Since you are both mentioning this, I have a question about that: If a9lh can take the place of Gateway why are you loading Gateway along with it? Is there an advantage to it? I mean, aside from Gateway having a microSD card slot to have my games on. This is an important question because, since I only have one Gateway, and because I want to transfer from old to new 3DS, I want to know if there is any reason I should buy a second Gateway flash cart to use with the N3DS. Or, alternatively, if I could just take the Gateway from one to the other without bothering with the transfer process.

Reading the posts in this thread, you can tell kids from mature users here.:rolleyes: (note: I said "mature", not "adults")

yeah...

Just a question regarding Gateway's ability to load .3ds roms directly. Do you think this feature will ever be made available in other CFWs? If Gateway can do it, why not the others? Is there a physical road block preventing this from happening? It's peculiar that the scene releases standard format cannot be directly used as is, but need to be converted.

ahh, so is that the difference? I can't mount .3DS files without the Gateway emuNAND? Is that also the reason why a few people were pushing FreeShop, even though I have no trouble using the actual store to buy games and DLC? Or is FreeShop just a way to download DLC and games without paying for it? I'd rather have the store that lets me pay for games personally.

I guess this question should have been posted in its own thread. Oh well, hope someone in the know will see it anyway.

Yeah, that was a bit off topic, but it kinda goes in line with what others have said above and is constructive. I don't mind people chiming in with thoughts and ideas, because I am out of the loop and it is helpful to have other thoughts. It's just the pushing that bothered me.

Because .3ds files are cartridge dumps and expect to be loaded from the cartridge slot. So they require a flashcart.

That makes sense. Is that the only limitation? and what does this limitation mean for me if I don't buy a second Gateway?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Elliander,

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Elliander

If you use a DSTWo+, which uses gateway's firmware you risk bricking, the 3ds can already do gba and the new 3ds does SNES. It's a bit of a pain but you will find people who have injected roms for you to install.

The only thing you need to softmod a new 3ds is a firmware below 11, an exploit to load homebrew launcher, and new 3ds specific update files.

No, you can not because the tickets will be invalid, back up your saves and reinstall your games, or run them off the card.

You need emunand9 or decrypt9.

As long as they have different unique headers it should be fine.

Hope I helped.

Edit : As long as the tickets are valid you'll be fine for the stuff you bought, You need to be on 9.2 to have kernel access. There is not a (public) way around this unless you go all the way and mess with firm0 and firm1 (something you obviously have no interest in doing).

If you are above firm 9.2 you WILL have to downgrade. If you want access to stuff like emunand and decrypt9 for making emunand backups. Also, Gateway does a shotty job on their back-ups and restores which can lead to fragmentation of your NAND chip.

Have this, it's a little old but you should really avoid DStwo just because Gateway is/was doing this. https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-think-the-dstwo-plus-bricked-my-3ds-xl.404499/

Last edited by ishygdaft,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
1.) I want to boot my Gateway 3DS.
That's fine, you have a Gateway card. So that's all good.

I also want to use GBA and SNES emulation.
You can achieve GBA games by installing them on your console. Gateway won't like this, so you can set it up so you are using Luma and Gateway. You can have it so Gateway boots up by default and Luma comes up by holding a button. This can be done using menuhax (shorter setup time but you will still have a sysNAND and have to put up with a second or two of flashy colours each boot) or a9lh (longer setup time, but more straightforward, no emunand, no flashy colours). For SNES games, same if N3DS not O3DS. You can already install & use SNES games on an N3DS with Gateway. On an O3DS, you'd need to use emulators or the DSTwo. If you do have a O3DS, you'd have to ask yourself if the price of the DSTwo is worth avoiding SNES emulators (since you don't need the DSTwo for GBA).

Since I was already planning on buying a DSTWO+ anyway I wanted to use it to either hold the emuNAND
That's not how it works. The DSTwo is just a Gateway replacer that will brick you if you use any files over 3.4.1 which means you have to keep a lower emuNAND and can't play any recently released games.

or boot the emuNAND.
This you can do but keep in mind you are limited to a lower emuNAND, so you'll probably have to create a new one and then lose all the progress you made between where your sysNAND is at and now, and also have to update it manually with sysUpdater (since 3.4.1 can't load 11.0 emuNAND).

If booting gateway mode on the emuNAND causing bricking I'd like a reference to that,

"PS: We have noticed some serious and dangerous flaws in an unofficial Gateway emulation plugin,
and we strongly urge to cease using this plugin and only use GENUINE Gateway! You have been warned!"
From gateway-3ds.com in their news section under 3.5.0. This basically says if you use DSTwo+ with this firmware, you will be bricked (a similar thing happened for previous Gateway clones).

and to know if using the DSTWO+ to boot the Gateway cart would also cause bricking. If it doesn't, I'd like to know what I need to do to use it as one.
You have to use 3.4.1 or earlier. This means you are limited to 9.5 emunand on New 3DS and 10.2 on Old 3DS. This means you will have to either downgrade your current emuNAND with sysUpdater, or create a new one and update it using sysUpdater (losing all progress in your current emuNAND).

Otherwise I'd just buy another R4 card along with it, but it would be a real waste of money to buy another blue cart and a DSTWO+ if the DSTWO+ can be used for that.
The blue cart is basically just an R4 cart with a sticker on it. There is no need to buy another unless you have two systems and you want to be able to play DS games on both at the same time.

2.) I'd like to know what is needed to soft mod the N3DS. The guides linked to here, and what I could find, only talk about the old 3DS so I am confused about that. Are all the steps the same?
Follow the Plailect guide. Whenever there are any differences between Old and New, they are clearly noted.

3.) If I purchase an N3DS with 9.2 firmware, soft mod it to have an emuNAND or equivalent, can I perform a system transfer from the 3DS Gateway emuNAND to the N3DS emuNAND?
Yes. If you install a9lh you can system transfer to the sysNAND and it's a lot easier.

4.) What would I need to do to backup 3DS emuNAND so that after the transfer I can restore my saves?
If you do a system transfer, the saves will be available. You can also backup your saves with JKSM and restore them to any other 3DS with access to JKSM.

5.) Is it safe to use both the 3DS and N3DS together, provided that I am not using the same game backup at the same time? I mean, I'm not sure what level of detection would be at work here. I gave an example before though: Trading Pokemon. Is that safe to do?
Yes.

I have a question about that: If a9lh can take the place of Gateway why are you loading Gateway along with it?
You can do everything with a non-Gateway CFW (play games and use cheats). But a Gateway cartridge is required for Gateway's cheats (which are better than NTR) and is also required for the rom select menu. So if someone already has a Gateway cart, they'd like a way to be able to use these things. But personally, if I didn't already have a Gateway it would not be worth buying one to improve the cheat experience or have the rom select menu (which I think is worse than having games installed anyway - slower. Only better if you have numerous small capacity SD cards, this lets you use two at once to store games).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question about that: If a9lh can take the place of Gateway why are you loading Gateway along with it?
I use A9LH and would never touch anything else after seeing how amazing it is. I also have a Gateway, which I access by holding a button on boot, which I solely, rarely use for the in-game cheat menu, or if I quickly want to use a .3ds rom for some purpose other than playing it, cause if I plan on playing a game, I'd rather just have it on my menu :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I use A9LH and would never touch anything else after seeing how amazing it is. I also have a Gateway, which I access by holding a button on boot, which I solely, rarely use for the in-game cheat menu, or if I quickly want to use a .3ds rom for some purpose other than playing it, cause if I plan on playing a game, I'd rather just have it on my menu :)
Me too - I was using it for cheating at Badge Arcade but then I lost interest in it, so haven't booted Gateway for a long time. Sometimes I borrow a friend's game and dump it to have a quick play on my Gateway to see if I like it. But that's all.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
So here's a question that should be within OPs, albeit absurd, boundaries of "acceptable replies"; you could update to 9.2 through the use of a legit game cart, then use BrowserHax to setup MenuHax and boot into Gateway that way. Barely any setup needed, no risk of brick because there's no downgrading etc to do. How about that?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's a question that should be within OPs, albeit absurd, boundaries of "acceptable replies"; you could update to 9.2 through the use of a legit game cart, then use BrowserHax to setup MenuHax and boot into Gateway that way. Barely any setup needed, no risk of brick because there's no downgrading etc to do. How about that?
don't update to 9.2 via game card, or else browserhax won't work. going to 9.2 is best with this.

1337f347

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow... I gave this a few days, the thread gained 4 pages, and yet NO ONE answered even a SINGLE question I had or even ATTEMPTED to understand what I was trying to do, and despite asking PLEASE to stay on topic you guys just insisted on hijacking this thread anyway. I do not want to change my emuNAND on my 3DS. Deal with it. You guys made your feelings known, ok? Or do I have to start a new thread and hope it doesn't get derailed as well?

If you don't know the answer to my question don't answer. The reason why I don't want to change it is because I like it the way it is, and because I am planning on buying an N3DS anyway which I wouldn't mind doing all of this on and because I don't have the time to do this to both. Please don't answer unless you actually KNOW the answer. I am really sick and tired of reading through junk and side conversation because everyone wants to push what they think I should do without regards to what I am even trying to do - even after I made it clear that I will NEVER touch the emuNAND I already have until AFTER I transfer it to the N3DS, and even then that won't be for a very long time because I am both a full time student and business owner and that takes up most of my time. I shouldn't HAVE to explain all this. I should just be able to say that I'm trying to do something specific, but whatever. *sigh*

So, again, here are my questions, in summary with clarification:

1.) I want to boot my Gateway 3DS. I also want to use GBA and SNES emulation. Since I was already planning on buying a DSTWO+ anyway I wanted to use it to either hold the emuNAND or boot the emuNAND. If booting gateway mode on the emuNAND causing bricking I'd like a reference to that, and to know if using the DSTWO+ to boot the Gateway cart would also cause bricking. If it doesn't, I'd like to know what I need to do to use it as one. Otherwise I'd just buy another R4 card along with it, but it would be a real waste of money to buy another blue cart and a DSTWO+ if the DSTWO+ can be used for that.

Now, I was hoping to get an answer to this a few days ago because, like I said, I have a very small time window to order stuff and get stuff working. I have no reason to do anything other than what I am trying to do. I am out of time so tomorrow I am ordering whatever it is I need, and if no one feels like answering I guess I'll just have to start a new thread and ask that this one gets deleted. Then I'll just hope that what I order is what I actually need.

P.S. - There is a difference between a CFW replacing the system firmware and a CFW booting from an emuNAND. Regardless of how you feel about it. Insulting my intelligence while intentionally derailing a thread away from my questions doesn't help anyone. This thread is not about 9.2 FW, nor is it about CIA or piracy related questions. I very clearly stated that I do not want or need a homebrew store and that I want to keep the games I PAID FOR working as they currently are.

_______
EDIT: I went through the thread to reply to a bunch of stuff. Have some additional thoughts.

I don't care. Off topic.

Because I like what I have and because I am buying an N3DS. *AFTER* I have everything transferred to an N3DS I will look into modding the 3DS, but NOT BEFORE. I don't get why everyone keeps pushing that when my questions are so bloody simple.

Do you have any idea what you just wrote there? Illegal by Nintendo? Regardless, I don't care.

It's not. If it was people like me wouldn't be here trying to make sure we can keep BUYING the games and DLC we want. I actually do like supporting developers.

Hey! Someone on topic! Well, here's the thing: I never loaded a DS game in a long time, and I left the 3DS plugged in and turned on, but after a few months of not being touched the game actually froze.

Well, that's part of my question. I want to make sure that I could use a DSTWO+ for that since I was going to buy one anyway.

Not interested. and honestly? The more people push it, the less interested I am. I actually was curious after the first suggestion or two, but the way people keep pushing it, even though it has nothing to do with my question, is kinda creepy to be honest. It's fine to suggest an alternative, but 4 pages of that is way too much.

Actually, no. I have an order that I want to do things and that's it. I'm on step 1 and you guys are way over there on step 20 telling me not to bother with steps 1 through 19 and it's annoying.

Since you are both mentioning this, I have a question about that: If a9lh can take the place of Gateway why are you loading Gateway along with it? Is there an advantage to it? I mean, aside from Gateway having a microSD card slot to have my games on. This is an important question because, since I only have one Gateway, and because I want to transfer from old to new 3DS, I want to know if there is any reason I should buy a second Gateway flash cart to use with the N3DS. Or, alternatively, if I could just take the Gateway from one to the other without bothering with the transfer process.

yeah...

ahh, so is that the difference? I can't mount .3DS files without the Gateway emuNAND? Is that also the reason why a few people were pushing FreeShop, even though I have no trouble using the actual store to buy games and DLC? Or is FreeShop just a way to download DLC and games without paying for it? I'd rather have the store that lets me pay for games personally.

Yeah, that was a bit off topic, but it kinda goes in line with what others have said above and is constructive. I don't mind people chiming in with thoughts and ideas, because I am out of the loop and it is helpful to have other thoughts. It's just the pushing that bothered me.

That makes sense. Is that the only limitation? and what does this limitation mean for me if I don't buy a second Gateway?

I like your hair, but other that that, you're a moron???

HERE NOON!!!

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh simple. More storage space. No. I'm not kidding. And if you want, yes, you can use on both systems. Easy transfer. Blah blah blah. Good point.

I can hold UP while booting system with GWRedCart in, get into GW Menu, then into Home/Luma/GW. From there, I just load up GWRedCart with another mSD of .3ds games that I don't feel like having on my 128GB mSD. Things like, crappy Disney games my niece wants to play. Marvel games. Movie games. All that stuff no one would want to actually waste space on their system mSD but would like to add to their "collection".

I also do this with my old DSTwo. Instead of installing all the Virtual Console games for NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS I just use DSTwo instead. (except for the GB Pokemon games, need those to transfer some Mews). Although, I highly recommend the DSTwo+ because it handles SNES a lot better than the old version. Plus the O3DSXL can't play the VCSNES games. So it's a bonus. While the N3DSXL can play the VCSNES games without the DSTwo+.

I even use my GWBlueCart to play DS games. Just DS games. Why? It's another mSD card of storage to fill up. Plus it's easier to know:

GWRed = 3DS
GWBlue = DS
DSTwo/ Black = SNES down + SEGA + some Arcade.

Really, I am one of those people who actually likes DSTwo+ even though I don't own one.

Wasn't trying to put you down for wanting to keep your EMUNAND. I get it. The having to switch set me back as well. But to be honest, I'm glad I did.

Best bet is making a backup of your EMUNAND before you decide anything.

Do get the N3DSXL. Once A9LHed, it can then stream gameplay. No, I'm not kidding. No having to buy extra video converter packs to then wire into N3DSXL. Very awesome stuff if you Twitch or Vlog.

I also have a Sky3DS. Although I don't use it much anymore, I do keep certain games like OOT and NinjaCube on it simply for hax tool purposes and for helping others mod their systems. Or if I want to share a copy for multiplayer purposes. Like SSB or SFIV. Oh, have a 3DS and no copy? Borrow my Sky3DS...

Otherwise, I use emulators and a PC. Two of my favorite games to play on my PC is Pac-Man CE DX+ and Streeet Fighter 4+. I like retro games. I like new retro games. I like Fez. I like Rayman. The moment you make me play COD or GOW I lose. On purpose. I just don't get a thrill out of them. I like old Star Wars games. Not really a fan of the new ones since LucasArts went bye bye. But heck, I still play Day Of The Tentacle for kicks. Or Full Throttle. I even like some indie games and that's pretty much it.

I've tried MMORPGs and lost a lot of $$$ so I decided to invest in a handheld I can enjoy and share with others. Never looked back. Hence the 3DS.

I also love netbooks. They're like toys to me.

Anyhow... way off topic. I just hope you find a way to enjoy games as much as I do. No matter how you choose to go about doing so.

Just remember you have a place to go to in case something goes wrong. We may have some jerks on this forum, but it's mostly because they're so passionate about what they love.

Be one of them. ;-D

(seriously, no one will hold it against you)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you should get VR then