Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS that is using an emuNAND on Gateway 3DS. I didn't have time to play for several months because I was busy with school and work. The other day I went to play it though and I noticed that I can't find the blue cart anywhere. The red cart is still inserted, but I can't exactly launch or update the Gateway 3DS without it.

I was thinking I would just buy the DSTWO+ since it has features I was interested in anyway, and I can use that in place of the missing blue cart, but I heard that it can launch the 3DS games as well as use a Gateway launcher.

My question is: If I buy a DSTWO+ what are the steps I will need to take to transfer my Gateway emuNAND to the DSTWO so that I only have to use the one cart? and where are the emuNAND files I will need to backup before changing anything?

I purchased a large number of games on my 3DS through the Nintendo store and only ever used the Gateway 3DS to handle it so I want to make sure that I don't lose that content or somehow make Nintendo think it's a different device which make harm the use of what I paid for.

Oh, and if I later purchased a New 3DS what would I need to make sure to buy to remain compatible, and would everything continue to work?

I was thinking as well that if I used backups I could try transferring from one EmuNAND to the other (since I will have a Gateway cart and a DSTWO+ cart) and then restore the emuNAND on the old 3DS so that it still works so that if anything ever happens to the New 3DS I'll have old backups to fall back on, but would this cause a problem if I used one to, say, trade Pokemon with the other or something? Since both would essentially have the same Nintendo ID?

I'm really out of the loop and have a very short break before classes start up again so would appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

_______

EDIT: My questions were never answered, and even after I asked PLEASE to get back on topic the thread was hijacked and derailed. I am trying to get it back on topic here. Please, if anyone actually knows anything, please answer.

Last edited by Elliander, , Reason: Thread hijackers are annoying...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Don't use the DSTwo+. If you use any Gateway files more recent than 3.4.1 you risk your 3DS being bricked by Gateway for using a bootleg cartridge. And this means your emuNAND is limited to around 10.3 or so (you won't be able to use eShop or play recent games).

Just install a9lh and have the best that's available. There's hundreds of people on the forum ready to help you if you get stuck. (Post first on the noob paradise thread, only make a new thread if you don't get help there). Link to guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
just my input, not even going into all the reasons of how much better CFW is but my supercard DSTWO+ just burnt out for no reason, cheaply built stuff.
X5LeXKo.jpg

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
1. burn your gateway
2. follow holy guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
3. play all games for free without paying for gateway
4. profit

There's no way that I'm going to update the sysNAND and the save games and DLC I have can't exactly be transferred to the sysNAND anyway.

I'm on 4.2.0-9U and I'd like to stay there.

Don't use the DSTwo+. If you use any Gateway files more recent than 3.4.1 you risk your 3DS being bricked by Gateway for using a bootleg cartridge. And this means your emuNAND is limited to around 10.3 or so (you won't be able to use eShop or play recent games).

hmm. I see. and that would introduce an additional delay even if they worked to circumvent that. If I bought a DSTWO+ to replace the blue cart could I use that to launch the red cart exploit? Or would it try booting it's own plugin instead? If I did this would I be able to use the other features of the DSTWO+ still?

Just install a9lh and have the best that's available. There's hundreds of people on the forum ready to help you if you get stuck. (Post first on the noob paradise thread, only make a new thread if you don't get help there). Link to guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

If I didn't already have hard mods working the way I want I'd consider that, since it's similar to what I already have working on the Wii, but I got everything working the way I liked already and I ripped my own games with their own unique Title ID. I don't see a reason to risk an additional brick over it. Maybe if I bought a new device I'd consider it, since the risk for me would be lower, so let's say I purchased a New 3DS to do this on. Could I then system transfer from the Gateway 3DS to the modded New 3DS? and what, specifically, should I make sure to buy so that it will work?

just my input, not even going into all the reasons of how much better CFW is but my supercard DSTWO+ just burnt out for no reason, cheaply built stuff.

The fact that it has a built in CPU to better emulate is probably the reason. I read that it drains the power as well.

Last edited by Elliander,
D

Deleted User

1. burn yr gateway.
1.1. burn it again.
1.2. wash it toilet.
2. do a9lh and never use emunand again.
3. un the emunand install yr games and play them. all 3ds games can b played w/o any card. easier, no pc needed. wanna play ds games? use DSTWO+

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes, another has said that as well. It doesn't really answer my questions though. Definitely not going to "burn" my gateway if using the DSTWO+ for the emuNAND will cause a brick, and definitely not going to risk a brick or loss of data installing a new exploit on the same device. I'll look into doing it with an upgrade, but not on the device with all my games already working.

Reactions: DarkIrata
D

Deleted User

Yes, yes, another has said that as well. It doesn't really answer my questions though. Definitely not going to "burn" my gateway if using the DSTWO+ for the emuNAND will cause a brick, and definitely not going to risk a brick or loss of data installing a new exploit on the same device. I'll look into doing it with an upgrade, but not on the device with all my games already working.
man do u know whats a9lh? it makes your sysnand hacked and is more brick-protected (after installing) and u can transfer your emunand AS IS to the newly hacked sysnand... with all games and saves... higher boot rate, and recovery mode, make it the most brick-protected thing ever. want to go back to normal sysnand and emunand? no problems! just restore that backup. done.
also a9lh with luma (a CFW, like GW) has an option of using multiple emunands at will.so...
also why are u stuck to using phisical carts (GW..)? with all that setup u can install CIAs easily, which dont use any headers...

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
yes, and that sounds wonderful, but there is always the risk of a brick - small it may be - and I was already planning to upgrade to a New 3DS anyway. I'm not going to risk anything if I don't have to. MAYBE if a transfer to a New 3DS works after modding that I will look into doing the same with the old 3DS, assuming the backups work, but not before that. You are getting way ahead of where I am and pushing a side conversation that doesn't answer any of my questions. If I can't get the first step done I will never be in a position to consider your advice.

I have one bricked console that resulted in a loss of all my saved games. Not going to risk another.

D

Deleted User

yes, and that sounds wonderful, but there is always the risk of a brick - small it may be - and I was already planning to upgrade to a New 3DS anyway. I'm not going to risk anything if I don't have to. MAYBE if a transfer to a New 3DS works after modding that I will look into doing the same with the old 3DS, assuming the backups work, but not before that. You are getting way ahead of where I am and pushing a side conversation that doesn't answer any of my questions. If I can't get the first step done I will never be in a position to consider your advice.

I have one bricked console that resulted in a loss of all my saved games. Not going to risk another.
so.. wanna stick to emunand? OK..
for 3ds games- use Freeshop- hacked eshop for downloading CIAs. almost all games has CIA version.
then use your DSTWO+ for DS and DS homebrew. and for its unique plugins and emulators...

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
so.. wanna stick to emunand? OK..

Yes.

for 3ds games- use Freeshop- hacked eshop for downloading CIAs. almost all games has CIA version.
then use your DSTWO+ for DS and DS homebrew. and for its unique plugins and emulators...

*sigh* A CFW is required for that. Please stop pushing CFW. All you are doing is getting this thread off topic. If I don't get the actual answers I need I will NEVER be on a CFW for any device.

Reactions: nccom

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway and "custom firmware" use the exact same emunand on your 3DS SD card. Gateway is pretty much a "cfw"; you can still use freeShop on it and whatnot.

if you're considering using a dstwo+ as a gateway card (i.e. for 3DS ROMs), you probably shouldn't do this. if you really want to use a dstwo+ for that, Supercard has their own "cfw" called freegame or something I think. but it might require you update to 9.2.0-20.

on a side note, you probably won't get very far if you refuse to update from 4.x to 9.2.0-20. virtually everyone recommends you update.

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: Ricken

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you want to stay on 4.1+EmuNAND?
Regardless, you might still have the MSET exploit installed (Test via System Settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> DS Profile)
Its worth a try
You might be able to transfer it over to a DSTwo+, but this ofc risks a brick... All you really have to make sure to do is use Gateways 3.4.1 Launcher.dat
If you were to buy a New3DS then hope it's on 10.7 or lower, or transferring will be quite lengthy

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
. If I bought a DSTWO+ to replace the blue cart could I use that to launch the red cart exploit?
That would be a big waste of money. The blue cart is just as good as a DSTwo for installing the DS profile exploit and playing DS games. The only thing the DSTwo has over the blue cart is ploaying GBA and SNES games. But you can install & play GBA games easily enough with CFW, and SNES VC games are installable on N3DS (for O3DS there are homebrew SNES emulators). The DSTwo can't do anything that you can't do better another way.
there is always the risk of a brick
Only if you can't follow instructions. It is like saying, I am going to walk 12 hours instead of driving half an hour in a car because it's possible to crash a car. Yes, but it's only really likely if you drive drunk or asleep. If you're smart enough to pay attention, you won't crash (in this scenario, there are no other cars on the road).
have one bricked console that resulted in a loss of all my saved games. Not going to risk another.
Why did you not install JKSM? Do so now and backup your saves regularly. There is absolutely zero excuse for losing save games in the modern world. And how did you brick your console?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes.

*sigh* A CFW is required for that. Please stop pushing CFW. All you are doing is getting this thread off topic. If I don't get the actual answers I need I will NEVER be on a CFW for any device.
LOL. Gateway IS a CFW. It just requires a paid device to access it.

It's like choosing to only drink and bathe in bottled water instead of getting it from the tap. Sure, you can pay for it if you want but it's the exact same thing at the end of the day.

Edit: what questions haven't you got answers to yet?

Another edit: Think about how you might react if you came across someone who refused to get a mobile phone because they were petrified of getting their brain microwaved, and they thought the government would spy on them if they had one, and then was complaining that they can't get text messages and asking how to download Candy Crush on their landline. This is how we all feel, responding to you.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Shadowfied
D

Deleted User

Yes.

*sigh* a cfw is reqired for using GATEWAY and DSTWO+ (3ds mode). a cfw is a nand with modifications like enabling to install and run non-legit hardware/software (like GW card or dstwo+/freeshop). freeshop can run on gateway emunand (w/o installing twice) and my close friend (GW user) confirmed it.
Im not traying to push CFW. if u dont wanna CFW then the only 3ds cart for u will be sky3ds which I use and love. all other stuff (installing pirated CIAs, using GW red card and DSTwo+) needs CFW to run. the GW guide makes u setup a CFW as EMUnand if you didnt realized. ppl like CFW because of its freedom and piracy. please dont use words u donno or say things u dont understand. ur like "I wanna change from my GW to DSTwo+ w/o using CFW, cause it will harm my 3ds, even though I use it now, even if I dont realize it..."

That would be a big waste of money. The blue cart is just as good as a DSTwo for installing the DS profile exploit and playing DS games. The only thing the DSTwo has over the blue cart is ploaying GBA and SNES games. But you can install & play GBA games easily enough with CFW, and SNES VC games are installable on N3DS (for O3DS there are homebrew SNES emulators). The DSTwo can't do anything that you can't do better another way.

Only if you can't follow instructions. It is like saying, I am going to walk 12 hours instead of driving half an hour in a car because it's possible to crash a car. Yes, but it's only really likely if you drive drunk or asleep. If you're smart enough to pay attention, you won't crash (in this scenario, there are no other cars on the road).

Why did you not install JKSM? Do so now and backup your saves regularly. There is absolutely zero excuse for losing save games in the modern world. And how did you brick your console?

LOL. Gateway IS a CFW. It just requires a paid device to access it.

It's like choosing to only drink and bathe in bottled water instead of getting it from the tap. Sure, you can pay for it if you want but it's the exact same thing at the end of the day.

Edit: what questions haven't you got answers to yet?

Another edit: Think about how you might react if you came across someone who refused to get a mobile phone because they were petrified of getting their brain microwaved, and they thought the government would spy on them if they had one, and then was complaining that they can't get text messages and asking how to download Candy Crush on their landline. This is how we all feel, responding to you.
good example with the car and walking. also u can say that when u walk 12 hours u still have a chance of a car crashing into u, maybe its even a bigger risk then driving 1/2 hour in some situations. also same here- emunand is more risky to use then a9lh, even though the process of installing a9lh is more risky (if youre a 8 years old kid who clicks random buttons in the process). mosta ppl who carefully went through the instructions of a9lh holy guide didnt brick. its getting more and more stable every day (or week, or month...) also about sasves- its ur problem u didnt back them up. now pay the price. next time use jksm once a week.

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted-355425

CFW cant play .3DS games that are drag and drop and dont take 10 years to install like cia files, i would stick with gateway OP, i have both gateway and DSTWO+ and i dont really use the latter much.

Reactions: nccom
D

Deleted User

CFW cant play .3DS games that are drag and drop and dont take 10 years to install like cia files, i would stick with gateway OP, i have both gateway and DSTWO+ and i dont really use the latter much.
CFWs can download CIAs from freeshop and install automatically with no PC in the process. also 90% of games have eshop version. also GW IS A F****** CFW SO U USE IT ANYWAY and also GW placed some brick code (against clones) WHICH SOMETIMES BRICKS REAL GW USERS' 3DSs!

D

Deleted-355425

CFWs can download CIAs from freeshop and install automatically with no PC in the process. also 90% of games have eshop version. also GW IS A F****** CFW SO U USE IT ANYWAY and also GW placed some brick code (against clones) WHICH SOMETIMES BRICKS REAL GW USERS' 3DSs!

downloading cias illegally from nintendo is retarded, bubba awaits you.

D

Deleted User

downloading cias illegally from nintendo is retarded, bubba awaits you.
and using GW is also illegal by nintendo even if u rip ur our roms... also dont talk like it on a cite thats 90% pirates. what u even do here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...