Hacking Upgrading from Gateway to DSTWO+

D

Deleted-355425

and using GW is also illegal by nintendo even if u rip ur our roms... also dont talk like it on a cite thats 90% pirates. what u even do here?

I didnt realise gbatemp was here for piracy, i must of missed that memo.

D

Deleted User

I didnt realise gbatemp was here for piracy, i must of missed that memo.
aaaannnndddd that GW emunand IS a CFW and transferring ur roms int CIA and installing them is in the grey area of permitted things....

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
CFW cant play .3DS games that are drag and drop and dont take 10 years to install like cia files, i would stick with gateway OP, i have both gateway and DSTWO+ and i dont really use the latter much.
Everything in your reply is incorrect.
  1. "CFW cant play .3DS games". Gateway is a CFW. Gateway can play .3ds roms. Therefore there is a CFW that can play .3ds roms.
  2. "dont take 10 years to install like cia files" First of all .3ds files are not installed. Second of all there is download time, SD card transfer time, and selection time to take into account (if the SD card in the Gateway is very full, it takes many seconds for the menu to turn up after you press Select, and scrolling with the right arrow button is very slow), and it takes many seconds for the game to appear in the cartridge icon once selected. If you don't subscribe to a paid download service there is the time spent finding a non-dead link that doesn't restrict download speed if you don't sign up to something and isn't malware in disguide.
  3. "i would stick with gateway OP". The OP does not have to "stick" with anything. By installing a9lh you can have EVERYTHING. Brick-protected console, autobooted Gateway, Luma as a backup if the Gateway cartridge is lost or broken. Plus GBA and DSiWare actually work.
  4. "i have both gateway and DSTWO+ and i dont really use the latter much" While not technically incorrect, it's a bit obvious. DSTwo+ is just a Gateway knockoff that can only run 3.4.1 or less without bricking your console. The DS cart part is only as useful as the blue cart anyway.

Reactions: OnMir and Gray_Jack
D

Deleted User

Everything in your reply is incorrect.
  1. "CFW cant play .3DS games". Gateway is a CFW. Gateway can play .3ds roms. Therefore there is a CFW that can play .3ds roms.
  2. "dont take 10 years to install like cia files" First of all .3ds files are not installed. Second of all there is download time, SD card transfer time, and selection time to take into account (if the SD card in the Gateway is very full, it takes many seconds for the menu to turn up after you press Select, and scrolling with the right arrow button is very slow), and it takes many seconds for the game to appear in the cartridge icon once selected. If you don't subscribe to a paid download service there is the time spent finding a non-dead link that doesn't restrict download speed if you don't sign up to something and isn't malware in disguide.
  3. "i would stick with gateway OP". The OP does not have to "stick" with anything. By installing a9lh you can have EVERYTHING. Brick-protected console, autobooted Gateway, Luma as a backup if the Gateway cartridge is lost or broken. Plus GBA and DSiWare actually work.
  4. "i have both gateway and DSTWO+ and i dont really use the latter much" While not technically incorrect, it's a bit obvious. DSTwo+ is just a Gateway knockoff that can only run 3.4.1 or less without bricking your console. The DS cart part is only as useful as the blue cart anyway.
afaik dstwo+ is the only way (it and the normal DSTWO) to run most of the GBA games with good framerate on o3ds. emulators on 3ds work aufully with lotta GBA games...

D

Deleted-355425

Yet you're right here commenting in the 3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares section? smh

whats that got to do with the price of fish? try and post some piracy shit here on GBA temp and see what happens.... oh right i forgot this site is here FOR piracy yet you cannot post any or provide links to any. I think you should ask a staff member if this site is here for piracy.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
downloading cias illegally from nintendo is retarded, bubba awaits you.
Not retarded, actually smart. If you think Nintendo can ban you or something, they can't. All they get is your IP address. and there are court cases showing nobody can prosecute you on the basis of that alone (shared wifi, changing IPs meaning you are using one somebody did something illegal with the previous day ...). If you think it's because we won't have a database of games once Nintendo's servers shut down, that's a legitimate worry. But I believe there are people working on cataloguing every game for the future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

afaik dstwo+ is the only way (it and the normal DSTWO) to run most of the GBA games with good framerate on o3ds. emulators on 3ds work aufully with lotta GBA games...
You can install GBA games on O3DS. What you said is true if you're sticking to a non-hacked, latest firmware, homebrew-only 3DS though.

D

Deleted-355425

Not retarded, actually smart. If you think Nintendo can ban you or something, they can't. All they get is your IP address. and there are court cases showing nobody can prosecute you on the basis of that alone (shared wifi, changing IPs meaning you are using one somebody did something illegal with the previous day ...). If you think it's because we won't have a database of games once Nintendo's servers shut down, that's a legitimate worry. But I believe there are people working on cataloguing every game for the future.

Of course they can arrest and charge you from an IP address, KAT anyone? If you steal from Nintendo directly you are a retard.

D

Deleted User

whats that got to do with the price of fish? try and post some piracy shit here on GBA temp and see what happens.... oh right i forgot this site is here FOR piracy yet you cannot post any or provide links to any. I think you should ask a staff member if this site is here for piracy.
hmmmmm freeshop, custom theme manager and other PIRATE ORIENTED HB IS POSTED THERE!!! and every second thread has a reference to that ISO site for 3ds games and ppl dont get banned for mentioning it!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Of course they can arrest and charge you from an IP address, KAT anyone? If you steal from Nintendo directly you are a retard.
lol, no they can't. What is KAT? A court case of some kind? They can't prosecute on the basis of IP address alone - anyone could be stealing your home wifi, or you could have a changing IP address that becomes one that someone else used previously. An IP address is not the same thing as a person.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

lol if piracy wasnt there I wouldnt pay for games anyway, cause I have no money and even pokemon IS ~70$ here! and they cant arrest u cause if ur a real owner of the game u downloaded LEGALY b4 from eshop then redownloaded from freeshop- thats not a crime, and thats really hard to tell by IP if u bought that game legaly or not. also its off topic pls dont reply.

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted-355425

lol, no they can't. What is KAT? A court case of some kind? They can't prosecute on the basis of IP address alone - anyone could be stealing your home wifi, or you could have a changing IP address that becomes one that someone else used previously. An IP address is not the same thing as a person.

Oh come off it, someone stole my wifi? That wouldnt stand in court and they would seize your router and its logs too see what MAC address's are tied at the time your IP was 'used and stole', you sound like you have theif's remorse to me.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
D

Deleted-355425

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? FreeShop and CIAngel do not send your NNID.

Either way they still have you logged as grabbing CIA's so if you are fine with that so be it. WHEN YOU LOG INTO THE E SHOP THEY HAVE YOUR IP AND NNID YOU CONNECTED WITH. Like i said retarded.

Either way they still have you logged as grabbing CIA's so if you are fine with that so be it. WHEN YOU LOG INTO THE E SHOP THEY HAVE YOUR IP AND NNID YOU CONNECTED WITH. Like i said retarded.

let me spell it out for you, They have an IP from grabbing cia's and now have the same IP with a NNID linked to it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
IP address tells them nothing and can't be used in court to identify anyone. In fact, hundreds (thousands?) of people used TIKdevil to install tickets and download right from the eShop, where the NNID is definitely being sent right at the time of download. Total bans, or letters of cease/desist, or lawsuits? Zero. An NNID can't even really be used to identify anyone, because you can sell a console and have the buyer keep using the same NNID. NNIDs are not unique to individuals and don't even have to have real info.

D

Deleted User

This conversation is becoming pointless now, you are merely saying 'this has not happened yet so it wont ever happen', i was just stating what they can do and what can come of it. Do as you wish.

Here is that KAT case im speaking of,

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/kickasstorrents-piracy-case/
1. I have a friend who has 6 brothers each of them has a 3ds/2ds console. All of them use same wifi=same ip. They all have diffrent nnids. Lets say one bought oot. Case 1:he redownloads it after that from freeshop (faster?) Which is legal.
Case 2: other brother downloads oot from freeshop illegally.

In both cases nintendo has a log (I think they dont but whatever) of the SAME IP DOWNLOADING THE SAME GAME. Theres no way to know by IP if its the firsr or the second case.
Also when he comes to me and I show him a game and he downloads it from my wifi on freeshop w/o asking me. What will happen? Nintendo will sue me? No they wont! Those cases arent far from reality. Like, I use 3 diffrent public wifis (Im moving all the time). Will they somehow sue me?no!
Also nnid can be transfered from person to person also by sys transfer which is legal. The secon console will download all games again from eshop afaik. So... and also kat has nothing to do with thag case...

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted-355425

1. I have a friend who has 6 brothers each of them has a 3ds/2ds console. All of them use same wifi=same ip. They all have diffrent nnids. Lets say one bought oot. Case 1:he redownloads it after that from freeshop (faster?) Which is legal.
Case 2: other brother downloads oot from freeshop illegally.

In both cases nintendo has a log (I think they dont but whatever) of the SAME IP DOWNLOADING THE SAME GAME. Theres no way to know by IP if its the firsr or the second case.
Also when he comes to me and I show him a game and he downloads it from my wifi on freeshop w/o asking me. What will happen? Nintendo will sue me? No they wont! Those cases arent far from reality. Like, I use 3 diffrent public wifis (Im moving all the time). Will they somehow sue me?no!
Also nnid can be transfered from person to person also by sys transfer which is legal. The secon console will download all games again from eshop afaik. So... and also kat has nothing to do with thag case...

The ISP bill payer will be the one in trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0