Hacking Upgrading from Gateway to DSTWO+

D

Deleted User

The ISP bill payer will be the one in trouble.
Who?
Also public IPs - even if they log that someone with nnid connected to it- there are lots of ppl connecting to the same ip address at the same time.
And lets say someone didnt use nnid on his 3ds.... and downloaded shit from freeshop. Nintendo has nothing but IP against him. And as stated b4 its not enough.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey please u think each person has only one 3ds and is connecting to only one wifi? The owner of the wifi cant do much to prevent hacking ninty server from him, if he doesnt understand nothing in computers. And theres no law that will force one to protect his wifi against it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So did you kill your MSET exploit or why do you need the blue card to launch Gateway? As long as you didn't play NDS/DSi games you should still be able to launch Gateway and update your EmuNAND. Just buy a cheap 3DS compatible NDS flashcard if you need to reinstall it.

But yeah..., upgrading to 9.2 to use A9LH or at least Menuhax is the recommendable way to go. ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
CFWs can download CIAs from freeshop and install automatically with no PC in the process. also 90% of games have eshop version. also GW IS A F****** CFW SO U USE IT ANYWAY and also GW placed some brick code (against clones) WHICH SOMETIMES BRICKS REAL GW USERS' 3DSs!
The brick code hasn't bricked GW users since it was first introduced and it was fixed shortly thereafter, it's not something real GW users have to worry about.

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloading cias illegally from nintendo is retarded, bubba awaits you.
1. You can use tickets and nintendo can't tell the difference.
2. No one gets caught or banned using CIA files.
3. Gateway has headers and if you use a public header on your .3ds files you risk a ban.

IMO only gateway users have to deal with anyone knowing about their yo-hos.

Edit: I've looked all this over and well... if people want to pay for piracy, want to defend gateway devs who spend time bricking users (they don't do it anymore, Doesn't mean it never happened). then by all means have fun. Seriously though OP, consider an open, free,"advanced" way of running whatever code you like on your console. You won't regret the few hours you put in and might even appreciate your console more.

Last edited by ishygdaft,
Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted User

Only the freeloaders have to worry about that lol.
No, "freeloaders" like myself use luma cfw which is brick-free. No brick code, not relying on GW. Nothing. I think I have the best setup- luma+a9lh +sky3ds for just in case.
1. You can use tickets and nintendo can't tell the difference.
2. No one gets caught or banned using CIA files.
3. Gateway has headers and if you use a public header on your .3ds files you risk a ban.

IMO only gateway users have to deal with anyone knowing about their yo-hos.

Edit: I've looked all this over and well... if people want to pay for piracy, want to defend gateway devs who spend time bricking users (they don't do it anymore, Doesn't mean it never happened). then by all means have fun. Seriously though OP, consider an open, free,"advanced" way of running whatever code you like on your console. You won't regret the few hours you put in and might even appreciate your console more.
Using CIAs dont need any headers... also there are legit CIAs which u cant know for real if the person really bought them or not

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, "freeloaders" like myself use luma cfw which is brick-free. No brick code, not relying on GW. Nothing. I think I have the best setup- luma+a9lh +sky3ds for just in case.

Using CIAs dont need any headers... also there are legit CIAs which u cant know for real if the person really bought them or not

-Gateway has headers and if you use a public header you risk a ban-

That seems like a better way for me to have worded it. I know full well CIAs don't use headers.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think by now you're realizing it is time to take a weekend off and A9LH your system. Keep your Gateway carts. You can still use RedCart and boot into GW Mode with A9LH, while BlueCart is simply a R4i clone and works flawlessly on Luma3DS (what A9LH runs off of).

The only reason to get DSTwo+ anymore is to play SNES games, and even that is debatable. I've been meaning to upgrade to + but at this point I'm not pleased at all with the DSTwo+. So ditch the DSTwo+. Especially if you already have a DSTwo.

Go A9LH your system. You won't regret it. And hold onto your Gateway carts. They're still good.

See you on the other side of the rainbow... it's full of marshmallow puke and Charlies. It's glorious...

D

Deleted User

I think by now you're realizing it is time to take a weekend off and A9LH your system. Keep your Gateway carts. You can still use RedCart and boot into GW Mode with A9LH, while BlueCart is simply a R4i clone and works flawlessly on Luma3DS (what A9LH runs off of).

The only reason to get DSTwo+ anymore is to play SNES games, and even that is debatable. I've been meaning to upgrade to + but at this point I'm not pleased at all with the DSTwo+. So ditch the DSTwo+. Especially if you already have a DSTwo.

Go A9LH your system. You won't regret it. And hold onto your Gateway carts. They're still good.

See you on the other side of the rainbow... it's full of marshmallow puke and Charlies. It's glorious...
But... but... dstwo++ has more CPUs inside and terrabyte ram and can run 5k games while using music player and ... and...
Just kidding... its just a card for lazy guys with extra money...
Still buying Dstwo original is the same... and even it is useless... put dat big money into buying n3ds and having native snes...

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I'm using gateway & luma 3ds a9lh. I have no prob with the gateway. it's is pretty cool to use gateway on luma. I know you're a poor guy but stop spreading your hatred towards gateway because it's expensive for you. I love luma a9lh but I tell you this. Luma a9lh never came before gateway. Any CFW never came before gateway. Gateway was the first 3ds hacking tool. That came out to the 3ds users & hackers. Go get some knowledge of it. Then come back with your poor excuses.

Reactions: nccom

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I'm using gateway & luma 3ds a9lh. I have no prob with the gateway. it's is pretty cool to use gateway on luma. I know you're a poor guy but stop spreading your hatred towards gateway because it's expensive for you. I love luma a9lh but I tell you this. Luma a9lh never came before gateway. Any CFW never came before gateway. Gateway was the first 3ds hacking tool. That came out to the 3ds users & hackers. Go get some knowledge of it. Then come back with your poor excuses.
Atleast luma is giving credit gatwait just steals shit

gatewait.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reading the posts in this thread, you can tell kids from mature users here.:rolleyes: (note: I said "mature", not "adults")

Just a question regarding Gateway's ability to load .3ds roms directly. Do you think this feature will ever be made available in other CFWs? If Gateway can do it, why not the others? Is there a physical road block preventing this from happening? It's peculiar that the scene releases standard format cannot be directly used as is, but need to be converted.

Edit: I guess this question should have been posted in its own thread. Oh well, hope someone in the know will see it anyway.

Last edited by Dust2dust,

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading the posts in this thread, you can tell kids from mature users here.:rolleyes: (note: I said "mature", not "adults")

Just a question regarding Gateway's ability to load .3ds roms directly. Do you think this feature will ever be made available in other CFWs? If Gateway can do it, why not the others? Is there a physical road block preventing this from happening? It's peculiar that the scene releases standard format cannot be directly used as is, but need to be converted.

Edit: I guess this question should have been posted in its own thread. Oh well, hope someone in the know will see it anyway.

The main reason... I'd imagine, is because we already have a perfectly good method of running and installing content thanks to Nintendo. The gateway card also provides extra hardware, still, why reinvent the wheel?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Because .3ds files are cartridge dumps and expect to be loaded from the cartridge slot. So they require a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt