Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my current setup:
  • 32 GB SD card with Luna & Boot9 on latest FW
  • Also have emunand just so I can boot to gateway running 9.2
My issue:
  1. When I copied the files to new 128 GB, it boots up but with no games that I've installed
  2. when I open the giftwraps, the next reboot will wrapped it back so I think it has to do with Emunand being shared, I think I can solve this by getting rid of Emunand
My Goal:
  • Keep all my save
  • Get rid of gateway, just upgrade the SD card with Luna & Boot9, the issue is #1, copied the files to new SD doesn't work for me, what am I doing wrong?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
First of all make sure the new SD card is formatted as fat32. You can do this with Guiformat for Windows or on the 3ds with GodMode9.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried this but still didn't work.
First of all, test your (empty) 128 GB card isn't a fake one with H2testw in a Full Write + Verify Test. Only tell us your card is real until after running it through that program.

After doing your due diligence in making sure your card is in fact really 128 GB card, reformat it with these settings with MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition):
  • Format: FAT32
  • Cluster Size: 32 KB (see other option)
  • Partition: Primary
  • Disk: MBR
Other option for cluster size: Your SD card meets the minimum 128 GB capacity threshold. It can be formatted in 64 KB cluster size for slight gain in loading speed. For cards that are 64 GB and smaller, these have to stick to 32 KB cluster size due to GBA VC graphical glitches, etc.

You really should consider ditching your EmuNAND set.

But if you insist on sticking to Gateway 3DS. Tsk tsk...

Extract the EmuNAND image from the original SD card with 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator. With the same program, install that image onto your empty 128 GB card.

Edit 1 - Nvm. I see you wish to ditch Gateway. Sorry for that. :)
You can also use GodMode9 to backup the EmuNAND. That app will need to be used to reflash your CTRNAND with that image.

Edit 2 - If you require merging your HOME Menu titles collection from EmuNAND together with your SysNAND library:
  1. Back up all your saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM from your EmuNAND and SysNAND (you can never be too safe).
  2. On the [B:] EMUNAND SD drive, dump all games, DLCs, and updates from EmuNAND with GodMode9.
  3. On the SysNAND, reinstall all the titles with FBI and restore saves + extdata with save manager of choice.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: sangweb

sangweb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, test your (empty) 128 GB card isn't a fake one with H2testw in a Full Write + Verify Test. Only tell us your card is real until after running it through that program.

After doing your due diligence in making sure your card is in fact really 128 GB card, reformat it with these settings with MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition):
  • Format: FAT32
  • Cluster Size: 32 KB (see other option)
  • Partition: Primary
  • Disk: MBR
Other option for cluster size: Your SD card meets the minimum 128 GB capacity threshold. It can be formatted in 64 KB cluster size for slight gain in loading speed. For cards that are 64 GB and smaller, these have to stick to 32 KB cluster size due to GBA VC graphical glitches, etc.

You really should consider ditching your EmuNAND set.

But if you insist on sticking to Gateway 3DS. Tsk tsk...

Extract the EmuNAND image from the original SD card with 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator. With the same program, install that image onto your empty 128 GB card.

Edit 1 - Nvm. I see you wish to ditch Gateway. Sorry for that. :)
You can also use GodMode9 to backup the EmuNAND. That app will need to be used to reflash your CTRNAND with that image.

Edit 2 - If you require merging your HOME Menu titles collection from EmuNAND together with your SysNAND library:
  1. Back up all your saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM from your EmuNAND and SysNAND (you can never be too safe).
  2. On the [B:] EMUNAND SD drive, dump all games, DLCs, and updates from EmuNAND with GodMode9.
  3. On the SysNAND, reinstall all the titles with FBI and restore saves + extdata with save manager of choice.
ok, so I need to reinstall the games again. I thought just by copying the SD is good enough. It means that my upgraded SD is working as expected, I jst need to reinstall the games. Tks.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, you need to reinstall your tickets. The problem is you can't combine two sets of tickets into one unless you reinstall games from one XxxNAND onto another.

Reinstalling a game will overwrite and delete its save & extdata. That's why you also have to backup these with a save manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1