Hacking updating wii to use wiishop

axel14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to use the nintendo channel it said to go the the wiishop channel to get an update for the nintendo channel so I did and it said that I needed a system update I have 4.3 so If I update my wii what will haapen will it brick my wii or delete the hbr and all my emulators and usb loader?
or is there a way to get into the wii shop chaneel with out an update to update nintendo chanel

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
axel14 said:
I wanted to use the nintendo channel it said to go the the wiishop channel to get an update for the nintendo channel so I did and it said that I needed a system update I have 4.3 so If I update my wii what will haapen will it brick my wii or delete the hbr and all my emulators and usb loader?
or is there a way to get into the wii shop chaneel with out an update to update nintendo chanel
just update shopping channel and ios61 to the latest. also block updates with priiloader.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install the latest Wii Shop Channel and the latest IOS56 manually. Running a system update might undo some of your hacks. I recommend you use ModMii to install the latest versions of the Wii Shop Channel and IOS56. As long as you are running version 1.0.8 of the Homebrew Channel, however, it is safe to run a normal system update; you just might have to redo some stuff.

axel14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I install iso 249 since the update made it a stub and i del it cause i need it for the usb loader

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Multi Mod Manager to delete your stub IOS files. Make sure you run it with something like IOS236.

axel14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2x does it need multi-mod manager cause i already used modmii so can I use it again?or is there any eiser way

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
axel14 said:
so it just updates the wiishop channel and iso 61?and it wnt del nothing?
If by "it" you mean the Nintendo Wii's System Update, then no, it will update everything it can to the latest versions on the Wii update servers. This will cause nothing but headaches for you and your softmodded Wii. As Lacius suggests you can use ModMii to update your whole Wii including the Shop Channel, or your can use ModMii to just download the latest Shop Channel (v20), and the required IOS56 (v5662) WADs specifically. You can also use Dop-Mii.

-[]D

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed Mauifrogs Soft-Mode Guide to install a modified SM so if for any reason I need to update something I can do an official update and the only thing I would need to reinstall is IOS249 which is always in wad form on my SD card. You can accomplish the same task by installing your SM with WiiMod2.8 and set the revison to max so no update can overwrite it.
tongue.gif
Hope it helps

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
I followed Mauifrogs Soft-Mode Guide to install a modified SM so if for any reason I need to update something I can do an official update and the only thing I would need to reinstall is IOS249 which is always in wad form on my SD card. You can accomplish the same task by installing your SM with WiiMod2.8 and set the revison to max so no update can overwrite it.
tongue.gif
Hope it helps
His guide now installs a high revision of 249 and of the Wii Shop Channel, so you won't be prompted to update the channel, plus 249 won't be stubbed.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, when did this get implemented and which guide is it added onto? the one on gbatemp or wiihacks?

Also I thought you couldnt have a higher version then 21006 or it would need different code to run?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
Really, when did this get implemented and which guide is it added onto? the one on gbatemp or wiihacks?

Also I thought you couldnt have a higher version then 21006 or it would need different code to run?
I thought he had maxed them out, but I was wrong. I do know that the Wii Shop Channel is modified in the hacksden one, but I can't say either way on the others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.