updating wii to use wiishop

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by axel14, Jul 25, 2011.

Jul 25, 2011

updating wii to use wiishop by axel14 at 8:34 PM (736 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. axel14
    OP

Newcomer axel14 Advanced Member

United States
    I wanted to use the nintendo channel it said to go the the wiishop channel to get an update for the nintendo channel so I did and it said that I needed a system update I have 4.3 so If I update my wii what will haapen will it brick my wii or delete the hbr and all my emulators and usb loader?
    or is there a way to get into the wii shop chaneel with out an update to update nintendo chanel

2. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    just update shopping channel and ios61 to the latest. also block updates with priiloader.

3. axel14
    OP

United States
    so it just updates the wiishop channel and iso 61?and it wnt del nothing?

4. axel14
    OP

United States
    :wtf: hhmmmm....someone help

5. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You need to install the latest Wii Shop Channel and the latest IOS56 manually. Running a system update might undo some of your hacks. I recommend you use ModMii to install the latest versions of the Wii Shop Channel and IOS56. As long as you are running version 1.0.8 of the Homebrew Channel, however, it is safe to run a normal system update; you just might have to redo some stuff.

6. axel14
    OP

United States
    how do I install iso 249 since the update made it a stub and i del it cause i need it for the usb loader

7. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You can use Multi Mod Manager to delete your stub IOS files. Make sure you run it with something like IOS236.

8. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

use modmii and install d2x

9. axel14
    OP

United States
    d2x does it need multi-mod manager cause i already used modmii so can I use it again?or is there any eiser way

10. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    If by "it" you mean the Nintendo Wii's System Update, then no, it will update everything it can to the latest versions on the Wii update servers. This will cause nothing but headaches for you and your softmodded Wii. As Lacius suggests you can use ModMii to update your whole Wii including the Shop Channel, or your can use ModMii to just download the latest Shop Channel (v20), and the required IOS56 (v5662) WADs specifically. You can also use Dop-Mii.

-[]D

11. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    I followed Mauifrogs Soft-Mode Guide to install a modified SM so if for any reason I need to update something I can do an official update and the only thing I would need to reinstall is IOS249 which is always in wad form on my SD card. You can accomplish the same task by installing your SM with WiiMod2.8 and set the revison to max so no update can overwrite it. [​IMG] Hope it helps

12. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    His guide now installs a high revision of 249 and of the Wii Shop Channel, so you won't be prompted to update the channel, plus 249 won't be stubbed.

13. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Really, when did this get implemented and which guide is it added onto? the one on gbatemp or wiihacks?

Also I thought you couldnt have a higher version then 21006 or it would need different code to run?

14. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    I thought he had maxed them out, but I was wrong. I do know that the Wii Shop Channel is modified in the hacksden one, but I can't say either way on the others.