Custom Title
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I Trucha-extracted IOS30-64-v1040.wad and SystemMenu-v289.wad from bushing's Semi-Brick fix. Since I don't have a modchip, I got those.

Anyways, I was wondering how I could go about updating from them? Just install the IOS then the System Menu as normal WADs? Would it have any more risk of installing than that of normal WADs?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed SystemMenu-v289.wad with the wad installer, seems to work fine.

I didn't install IOS30-64-v1040.wad because i don't think i need to for any games... isn't this a patched version of IOS30 because i think i already have it.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
B-Blue said:
Can I downgrade from 3.3 to 3.2 using the wad from bushing semi-brick fix discs?
maybe but i think it's the IOS that matters more than the system menu in regards to the trucha fix etc (could be wrong though). Maybe you should uninstall IOS37 with the title uninstaller (if u can get it to 3.2... because that could be terrible advice if the system menu runs off ios37...)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm in 3.2E_V1
is there any 3.2E_V2 WAD + shop for WiiWare Wad ?

I would like to update in 3.2E (with or without ISO37), but not in 3.3 for the moment.
I have the files in raw format on my PC for that update, but I don't know how to convert them to WAD file format.

raw = saved the files manually on the PC when looking what address the Wii was looking for.
Maybe the files are not good if it's not signed for my Wii.

I can filter the downloads address. I can also redirect address and files to files located on my PC (with a router).
Can I download and update my Wii with files located on my PC ?
If I block some files and the update will be done partially, does the Wii will use the completed files or not at all ?
The 15% trick worked with partial update. maybe I can choose which update I want to download or not.

here is the System menu update files (for 3.2V2 + ISO37 update) : (all the files are listed here)
Code:
http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/0000000100000002/00000046
http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/0000000100000002/00000045
http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/0000000100000002/00000044
if someone know how to update with those files or convert to Wad it will be great.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You cannot DOWNGRADE firmwares... NO, you can't... NO... not even installing a lower version will work... NO, won't work... NO... I'm telling you... NO buts!

When you put a firmware on your Wii, it saves it. So, if your at 3.2 right now, you have 1.0 thu 3.2 on your Wii... every single version... all at once. At this point in Wii hacking, no one is able to REMOVE a firmware version.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can have newer version without old version if you update with a game.
but when updating online, the Wii get all the missing IOS, even older. (I have some picture of Title lister before and after an online update)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there are tools to read and extract game's files.

Anyway, about the topic discussion :

I'm wondering few things about installing channel and system Wad manually.

I don't know if it's safe to update a wad alone.
When I look at the files the Wii wanted to download to go from 3.2_v1 to v2, there were the channels wad, but also a system menu wad update.
maybe some Wad channel will need a specific System menu to run them.

If you install for example the system menu Wad file without the channels it looks for, may it brick the Wii ?
does installing channels and IOS without system menu is safe ?

Edit :
I also would like to know if it is possible to extract WADs from the Wii ?
updating the Wii online, and extracting the WAD to PC. it could be used to people still in 3.2 or 3.1 to update only the system menu and the shop without updating to 3.3

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I'm wondering few things about installing channel and system Wad manually.

I don't know if it's safe to update a wad alone.
When I look at the files the Wii wanted to download to go from 3.2_v1 to v2, there were the channels wad, but also a system menu wad update.
maybe some Wad channel will need a specific System menu to run them.

If you install for example the system menu Wad file without the channels it looks for, may it brick the Wii ?
does installing channels and IOS without system menu is safe ?
You can install the channels without the System Menu update fine, and the other way round. All content is like this.

With IOSes it gets more complicated though, each channel has a needed IOS, and if that IOS is not on the Wii, it could refuse to boot. The same is true for the System Menu, if you tried to .wad install System Menu 3.3 without IOS30, you could brick your Wii.

Installing IOS without the System Menu is fine as well, as the System Menu is the dependant one.

The Trucha fix of 3.3 is not dependant on the System Menu, but on a new IOS revision.

(Yes, this means you can have your Mii Parade to Mii Plaza Mii Channel update without blocking Trucha.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8