Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I have an old PSP I got from a relative since he's not using it anymore. It's a PSP Fat, and last time I put my hands on it, I upgraded it to 5.00 M33-6.

It's been a while since I was in the PSP scene so I'm not sure what to install to it. I want to play PSX games primarily (FF series and Chrono Cross first comes into mind) Lurking a while, I found installing 6.20PRO will be the best solution (I want the firmware to be still even after a cold boot)

Since installing that requires me to upgrade my PSP to official 6.20, I wanted to make sure if I'm in the right path or not. Or any other cfw suggestions?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not the best solution for you - 6.60 PRO C and the cIPL to make it permanent is.

Anyway read this, it has all you need.

TomaszSliwowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry to hijack this thread; I also have a PSP-1001 but it's running 5.50 Prome-4 which I just got back from my brother. I tried doing the 6.60 update but apparently this CFW reports version 9.90 to the firmware installer. Can I somehow force an update or should I just stick with this CFW?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
0. Push Select on XMB to bring up VSH
1. Change USB Mode to flash0 in the VSH menu
2. Connect to PC
3. Go to flash0/vsh/misc/version.txt
4. Open up version.txt in notepad
5. Change 9.90 to 5.00
6. Exit out and don't forget to change USB Mode back to memory stick instead of the dreaded Flash0

TomaszSliwowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0. Push Select on XMB to bring up VSH
1. Change USB Mode to flash0 in the VSH menu
2. Connect to PC
3. Go to flash0/vsh/misc/version.txt
4. Open up version.txt in notepad
5. Change 9.90 to 5.00
6. Exit out and don't forget to change USB Mode back to memory stick instead of the dreaded Flash0

Thank you! That worked perfectly!

I think those steps should be added to the FAQ. I can't be the only person that has run into the same issue.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The hacking guide recommends using Hellcat's, which bypasses that method entirely to do a clean flash. This way people don't risk touching flash0 themselves (I can't tell you how many people have bricked by going in there) and the only risk is the same with a normal update (turning off in the middle).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...