Website
www.orrellelectrics.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could really do with some help, I know you have heard this a million times

Switch on 8.1.0 Exfat

Update Kosmos to 15.1 manually, copy sigpatches to root of sd card

Half of my games corrupted, unable to boot tinfoil afterwards to reinstall games

Not sure what I continually do wrong, its simple delete old files and install new ones its not rocket science yet i continue to f it up

Happens every time I update it

Thing what baffles me is why do half of my games still work everytime ie mariokart, odyssey etc

Reactions: Briglia00

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Switch on 8.1.0 Exfat

Half of my games corrupted, unable to boot tinfoil afterwards to reinstall games

Not sure what I continually do wrong, its simple delete old files and install new ones its not rocket science yet i continue to f it up

Thing what baffles me is why do half of my games still work everytime ie mariokart, odyssey etc
Supposedly Kosmos no longer works with sigpatches, not sure what they did to make that not work though, as it works fine in vanilla Atmosphere...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Supposedly Kosmos no longer works with sigpatches, not sure what they did to make that not work though, as it works fine in vanilla Atmosphere...
Works fine if you use the boot files from Joonies and copy the once from the 4n as well. Then everything worked. No more corruption except rabi ribi doesn't seem to work at all ever.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Works fine if you use the boot files from Joonies and copy the once from the 4n as well. Then everything worked. No more corruption except rabi ribi doesn't seem to work at all ever.
I see, I guess maybe the only thing they changed was they removed kip1patch=nosigchk from hekate_ipl.ini (which the bootconfig adds back in)
I was thinking maybe they had forked Atmosphere or something to disable support for sig patches but don't really see why they would do such a thing.
You don't need the ones from The-4n as they are only used when launching fusee-primary anyway.

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 15.1 but for me at least all games run normally as far as I can tell and I use 128gb formatted fat32 kosmos if you read the warning when running the updater.nro it warns against using kosmos on xfat it is a driver issue that they say corrupts the file system. I will say I used to use xfat till I read that. I understand splitting things to fit the tables rules can be a pain and a selling point for switching due to bigger file sizes, so I will say that if the files are on a "server" and installed threw tinfoil via either nut or even cloud storage now at least in my case the files seem to automatically split themselves during the nap install. so in semation ditch the fat and go back to fat32

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking maybe they had forked Atmosphere or something to disable support for sig patches but don't really see why they would do such a thing.
They can’t really do that without completely disabling the ability to use external patches (which would break a lot of unrelated shit) shrugs

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have 15.1 but for me at least all games run normally as far as I can tell and I use 128gb formatted fat32 kosmos if you read the warning when running the updater.nro it warns against using kosmos on xfat it is a driver issue that they say corrupts the file system. I will say I used to use xfat till I read that. I understand splitting things to fit the tables rules can be a pain and a selling point for switching due to bigger file sizes, so I will say that if the files are on a "server" and installed threw tinfoil via either nut or even cloud storage now at least in my case the files seem to automatically split themselves during the nap install. so in semation ditch the fat and go back to fat32
It's not just Kosmos. Any crashes can cause corruption on exFAT. In fact there is a bug in Pokemon Sword/Shield that will crash the system and if this happens during autosave, it will most likely corrupt your entire card if it's exFAT. Even on a legit system.
It's not very common, but it's happened to some people, ReSwitched made a post about it only a day or two after the release.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use vanilla atmosphere, kosmos is nothing but headaches and bloat. The kosmos warning screen is likel to re-debut, though it wont be a hard block.

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
one more side note where is this supposid 10.0.0 update that was speculated to drop on the 5th? youtube flaired it up, but seems nothin yet. I have airplane mode on but still havent seen any announcement here so what gives is it real? I know 10 will come but why the delay??? any input?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use vanilla atmosphere, kosmos is nothing but headaches and bloat. The kosmos warning screen is likel to re-debut, though it wont be a hard block.

i beg to differ? kosmos is a multi app zippped file you can custize to your liking so the bloat is in fact your own fault due to choosing apps you either don't use or will not need.... and also its the original cfw package most other if not all forks follow just changinging bitmaps and gifs doesnt really make any other version better or worse.... I have used and tried many even sxos for refrence paid in full the sdcardsetup website is what you use to as you put it debloat it even tho if you just get the zip your adding your own bloat. every other cfw that has a package of nros follows kosmos by example and in many cases uses them as there template just changing pictures. the one drawback of open source.....

oh ya and that warning has always been there. it only runs 1 time unless you replace all the cfw with a new zip read it it says it wont say again......

goto there discord you will probably be suprized..... again i know i can't spell

where did i double post.... i try not tooo smetimes i click post twice becuase it loads after ive clicked it a second time compulsively

Last edited by KnightRiderX420,
Reactions: mikifantastik98

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more side note where is this supposid 10.0.0 update that was speculated to drop on the 5th? youtube flaired it up, but seems nothin yet. I have airplane mode on but still havent seen any announcement here so what gives is it real? I know 10 will come but why the delay??? any input?
It wasn’t delayed, it was never suppose to release then to begin with, and probably won’t even release anytime this month

jackkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau

Switch on 8.1.0 Exfat

Had same problem: install
Kosmos_patches_12_08_2019_bootconfig.zip
and reboot thats all.
Cheers

Reactions: gap30

gap30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.orrellelectrics.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by gap30,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you use their updater it really warns you a lot about exfat and that the updater will most certainly break the exfat partition.

Reactions: gap30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1