Hacking Updating from 5.00 M33-4

j0nnywolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I haven't read up on psp cfw in awhile, but I've been looking forward to ddff. I just managed to find a dl for it and fit it into my memory stick, but it won't start.

Right now, I have 5.00 M33-4 on my system. Will updating to a newer cfw fix this? If so, what are my options, and how can I update?

Can I use the Network update on the system dash trey? or will that DL an official fw?

Sorry if this is clearly explained somewhere here already. I didn't find all the information I was looking for in the stickies, so I posted. Thanks in advance for responses

j0nnywolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am, and is 6.35 PRO-A the latest upgrade to what I have? Or is it an alternative cfw? Can I update directly to it?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0nnywolf said:
I am, and is 6.35 PRO-A the latest upgrade to what I have? Or is it an alternative cfw? Can I update directly to it?
please wait im dling it right now ill tell ya if it work on prome 4. if it works ill try to help you

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably patchable with ISO Tool so you wouldn't even need to update. Although i'd advise at least going to 5.00M33-6...where you are is kinda nowhere.

j0nnywolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did just update to M33-6 alittle while ago. Game still doesn't load.

I have ISO tool open now on my psp. Can I use this to patch the game? I'm looking at the options now.

What does patch prometheus mean?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have the iso the try updateing to gen-d then installing prome-4.

you can get to gen d-3 using this file http://www.mediafire.com/?xotnaxxhtme put 5.50 and the psp folder on the root of your card. itll ask if you want to merge the folders say yes. now run the new file on your psp and wait for it to finish installing you'll need at least 80% battery or plugged in.

now to update to prome4 download this http://www.mediafire.com/?w710r1bavdr7hnf put the file in the game folder on your memory stick then run it on your psp. you will need gen d but if you followed the directions above you wont have to worry bout that

promethius is a plugin for gen firmwares to make more games compatible

if any of that confuses you just say so and ill try to simplify it

j0nnywolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks alot for the info, but I was actually able to get it to load up on M33-6 using ISOTOOL.

I watched some youtube videos of someone using isotool w/ the new kingdom hearts game. I did something similar and winged the rest, and it worked.

No CG intro movie before the title screen though. Does it show up somewhere else? or was it taken out of this rip?

j0nnywolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm, you just need to let it sit on the title screen for ~30sec
unsure.gif
my bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1