Hacking Updating Firmware

RedlineV46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My card has never been updated with the latest firmware. Still actually using V1.10
shy.gif

What would I gain by installing V1.17?

Will Installing it affect any of the game saves?

Thanks
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well...the answer largely depends on whether or not you have a real or a fake DSTT.

If it's a fake, upgrading would result in a destroyed flash cart. To avoid that, you should install the version of 1.17 that has the fake-killer code disabled.

Fake-killer code notwithstanding, there have been several compatibility fixes since 1.10, so more newer games will work. That would be the main reason for upgrading.

-Bri

RedlineV46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Well...the answer largely depends on whether or not you have a real or a fake DSTT.

Thanks for that Bri.
smile.gif

Looking at the pictures mine appears to be genuine (Curved Metal SD Housing), although I wouldn't like to chance it. So I've downloaded the "Fake-Killer Code" V1.17.

Sorry, I have to ask again. If I update to V1.17 will all the sav files still work? Seems a silly question to ask, but my son would be spitting feathers if he lost 'em!
laugh.gif

RedlineV46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Yes, the save files will all still work.

And I hope you meant the "Fake-Killer Code Disabled" version 1.17 above!

laugh.gif
ooops! yeah thats the one. You posted the link on page 12 of the "How to tell if your DX DSTT is a FAKE" Sticky thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu