Updating Firmware

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by RedlineV46, Jan 18, 2009.

Jan 18, 2009

Updating Firmware by RedlineV46 at 12:47 PM (835 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. RedlineV46
    OP

Newcomer RedlineV46 Newbie

United Kingdom
    My card has never been updated with the latest firmware. Still actually using V1.10 [​IMG]

What would I gain by installing V1.17?

Will Installing it affect any of the game saves?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well...the answer largely depends on whether or not you have a real or a fake DSTT.

If it's a fake, upgrading would result in a destroyed flash cart. To avoid that, you should install the version of 1.17 that has the fake-killer code disabled.

Fake-killer code notwithstanding, there have been several compatibility fixes since 1.10, so more newer games will work. That would be the main reason for upgrading.

-Bri

3. RedlineV46
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that Bri. [​IMG]
    Looking at the pictures mine appears to be genuine (Curved Metal SD Housing), although I wouldn't like to chance it. So I've downloaded the "Fake-Killer Code" V1.17.

Sorry, I have to ask again. If I update to V1.17 will all the sav files still work? Seems a silly question to ask, but my son would be spitting feathers if he lost 'em! [​IMG]

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yes, the save files will all still work.

And I hope you meant the "Fake-Killer Code Disabled" version 1.17 above!

By the way, there's a fake checker program included in this archive (along with the Fake-killer disabled firmware and a program to recover a destroyed fake): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086

-Bri

5. RedlineV46
    OP

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] ooops! yeah thats the one. You posted the link on page 12 of the "How to tell if your DX DSTT is a FAKE" Sticky thread.