Updating Firmware

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by RedlineV46, Jan 18, 2009.

1. RedlineV46
    OP

RedlineV46 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2009
    My card has never been updated with the latest firmware. Still actually using V1.10 [​IMG]

What would I gain by installing V1.17?

Will Installing it affect any of the game saves?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Well...the answer largely depends on whether or not you have a real or a fake DSTT.

If it's a fake, upgrading would result in a destroyed flash cart. To avoid that, you should install the version of 1.17 that has the fake-killer code disabled.

Fake-killer code notwithstanding, there have been several compatibility fixes since 1.10, so more newer games will work. That would be the main reason for upgrading.

-Bri

3. RedlineV46
    OP

RedlineV46 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2009
    Thanks for that Bri. [​IMG]
    Looking at the pictures mine appears to be genuine (Curved Metal SD Housing), although I wouldn't like to chance it. So I've downloaded the "Fake-Killer Code" V1.17.

Sorry, I have to ask again. If I update to V1.17 will all the sav files still work? Seems a silly question to ask, but my son would be spitting feathers if he lost 'em! [​IMG]

4. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Yes, the save files will all still work.

And I hope you meant the "Fake-Killer Code Disabled" version 1.17 above!

By the way, there's a fake checker program included in this archive (along with the Fake-killer disabled firmware and a program to recover a destroyed fake): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086

-Bri

5. RedlineV46
    OP

RedlineV46 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2009
    [​IMG] ooops! yeah thats the one. You posted the link on page 12 of the "How to tell if your DX DSTT is a FAKE" Sticky thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice