Hacking Updating A9HL to latest firmware for online...

WhyKlef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I'm following the Gateway 3DS guide (http://scmods.com/gw_guide/GWFB-1.0.pdf) to get A9HL on the system which I had never done before. My N3DS was on 9.0, now is on 2.1 and A9HL is currently restoring.

My questions are:
-How would I go about updating new hacked SysNAND to latest firmware? (Or should I not)
-Can I play online with .cia through new A9HL SysNAND without changes?
-If the above two operations are "impossible" can I still boot EmuNAND from Zelda OoT, install latest firmware and play online with .cia?

I tried Googling and while I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask, I couldn't find a precise answer.
Thanks in advance!

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys,

I'm following the Gateway 3DS guide (http://scmods.com/gw_guide/GWFB-1.0.pdf) to get A9HL on the system which I had never done before. My N3DS was on 9.0, now is on 2.1 and A9HL is currently restoring.

My questions are:
-How would I go about updating new hacked SysNAND to latest firmware? (Or should I not)
-Can I play online with .cia through new A9HL SysNAND without changes?
-If the above two operations are "impossible" can I still boot EmuNAND from Zelda OoT, install latest firmware and play online with .cia?

I tried Googling and while I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask, I couldn't find a precise answer.
Thanks in advance!
if hou have installed GW A9LH DON'T UPDATE YOUR SYSNAND TO 11.XX
BEACAUSE YOU WILL BRICK

WhyKlef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so updating is out of the question. Can I play online using A9HL then or is it only achievable through EmuNAND?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so updating is out of the question. Can I play online using A9HL then or is it only achievable through EmuNAND?
To play online, you need to be on the latest firmware. To be on the latest firmware, you have to update, which we recommend you should not do. An emuNAND with A9LH is still A9LH.

WhyKlef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I must be missing something, updating EmuNAND as no impact on SysNAND right? Unless Nintendo somehow managed to fix that?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can update with A9LH though, can you not reverse the Gateway A9LH process and use Plailects guide to install regular A9LH?

You don't even need GW's version anyway since there's a bin file for regular A9LH setups to use gw mode.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To play online, you need to be on the latest firmware. To be on the latest firmware, you have to update, which we recommend you should not do. An emuNAND with A9LH is still A9LH.
Wat? Nope, updating from emuNAND is perfectly safe.
Updating "with a9lh" is only dangerous on sysNAND with CFWs that don't have firm protection. But updating from emuNAND has always been safe (not always smart when CFWs did not support the latest update but still safe).

WhyKlef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahhhh, I'm assuming Nintendo must've just released a new firmware making it risky in current shape and form. Alright, I'll wait for the word. Thanks KunoichiZ!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wat? Nope, updating from emuNAND is perfectly safe.
Updating "with a9lh" is only dangerous on sysNAND with CFWs that don't have firm protection. But updating from emuNAND has always been safe (not always smart when CFWs did not support the latest update but still safe).
But he has GW A9LH installed... I guess I'm confused.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is GW A9LH irreversible?

I remember hearing about some kinda lock they put on sysnand when they first brought out their a9lh, but is that still the case now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even if his emunand breaks, so long as it was the emunand he updated and not the sysnand, then he can just delete emunand and create a new one without having to worry about bricking his sysnand.

It's just that most people on a9lh dont bother with emunand since there's not much point to it anymore. (that's for regular a9lh anyway, not gw a9lh)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which is a CFW that doesn't protect a9lh indeed, so if he updated his sysNAND, a9lh would be overwritten and lost... But if he's on emuNAND, the update is on emuNAND and doesn't overwrite his a9lh, even if it's not protected.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

WhyKlef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I don't fully understand what A9HL does but I swapped MicroSD and it booted both different NANDs so clearly I'm running on EmuNAND, A9HL just seems to bypass SysNAND to automatically launch Gateway boot. So I'm gonna try upgrading one of my EmuNANDs to latest firmware. I don't see how I could brick the console if I'm updating EmuNAND. Be back later with more info.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Updated. Signed, sealed, delivered, it's mine!! Weeeeeeeee ♪

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1